Sign in to follow this  
rrohde

WWII Battle Tanks: T-34 vs. Tiger

Hello everyone. :)

I was kindly invited to introduce "WWII Battle Tanks: T-34 vs. Tiger" (TvsT for short) on this site here.

About me: I am the "community" contact for the Russian developers and publishers of this sim, and I keep feeding the simulation community with screenshots and information since ever the title was announced.

Since it's hardly possible to hit you with all the screenshots from prototype, through alpha and now beta, let me start off by providing you with the most recent set of screenshots I took (from the latest beta version.

Here a few specs:

-- The game is slated to be released in Russia in September 2007; a western release date is not known as of yet.

-- It features 2 playable tanks: The German Tiger Ausf. E and the Russian T-34/85 (future add-ons will introduce additional playables)

-- It will feature LAN and online gaming (skirmish and team modes)

-- It features nicely rendered 3D interior

-- It features realistic ballistics

So, here we go - the latest screenshots from TvsT:

2007-04-01001.jpeg

2007-04-01002.jpeg

2007-04-01003.jpeg

2007-04-01004.jpeg

2007-04-01005.jpeg

2007-04-01009.jpeg

2007-04-01011.jpeg

2007-04-01012.jpeg

2007-04-01013.jpeg

2007-04-01014.jpeg

2007-04-01015.jpeg

2007-04-01020.jpeg

2007-04-01021.jpeg

2007-04-01022.jpeg

2007-04-01023.jpeg

2007-04-01025.jpeg

2007-04-01033.jpeg

2007-04-01034.jpeg

2007-04-01035.jpeg

2007-04-01036.jpeg

2007-04-01042.jpeg

2007-04-01043.jpeg

great to see you and thanks for coming by and letting us know about this great looking sim.Tank sims are few and far between and this looks good.

Oh yeah..will there be a demo of it?

great to see you and thanks for coming by and letting us know about this great looking sim.Tank sims are few and far between and this looks good.

Oh yeah..will there be a demo of it?

Hmm.. Demo should be released, but I don't know when. According to the Russian publisher, there will be a preview demo for gamesites and mags, but that's all I know for now.

Cheers,

Rainer

Hmm.. Demo should be released, but I don't know when. According to the Russian publisher, there will be a preview demo for gamesites and mags, but that's all I know for now.

Cheers,

Rainer

Thanks for coming by,be sure to keep us up to date on progress,and keep us in mind when the preview is sent out so we can check it out and do a preview for our readers here,if thats ok.

Thanks for coming by,be sure to keep us up to date on progress,and keep us in mind when the preview is sent out so we can check it out and do a preview for our readers here,if thats ok.

Sure, I will keep you posted! :)

About the preview: That's up to the Russian publisher, IDDK. I will ask them in due time.

Cheers,

Rainer

Driving the tanks was my favorite part of WWIIOL when it came out. When they implemented spawn limits and playing tanks vs tanks became harder, I lost interest as the infantry wasn't very compelling, although I've heard it's gotten better 5+ yrs later!

It's also my favorite part of Red Orchestra, although I wish there were more maps for them.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this one. :grin:

Will there be a opportunity to work as a team in multiplayer using some voice-chat? TeamSpeak is fun enough but a proper internal game's voice-comm could add some mechanic noise over the speech, short hearing loss after shell hit... That'll show why Russian swearing is more efficient for giving orders under extreme conditions :biggrin:

Will there be a opportunity to work as a team in multiplayer using some voice-chat? TeamSpeak is fun enough but a proper internal game's voice-comm could add some mechanic noise over the speech, short hearing loss after shell hit... That'll show why Russian swearing is more efficient for giving orders under extreme conditions :biggrin:

MP teamplay will be available, but AFAIK no built-in voice-chat. But TrackIR support will be in. :) I know, one has nothing to do with the other, but I thought I'd mention it.

Driving the tanks was my favorite part of WWIIOL when it came out. When they implemented spawn limits and playing tanks vs tanks became harder, I lost interest as the infantry wasn't very compelling, although I've heard it's gotten better 5+ yrs later!

It's also my favorite part of Red Orchestra, although I wish there were more maps for them.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this one. :grin:

Well, remember - this is a tanksim "only" and not a combined arms sim. The focus lies on the vehicular combat and troops are more ore less just "there". :)

I hope that in later add-on we will see a better integration of AI entities...

rrohde's,

If you want to zip all thim pics up and point me to them, I'll be happy to bulk upload them into their own gallery here.

Great looking sim. Can't wait for a demo.

Cheers~ and welcome to CombatAce

Fates

rrohde's,

If you want to zip all thim pics up and point me to them, I'll be happy to bulk upload them into their own gallery here.

Great looking sim. Can't wait for a demo.

Cheers~ and welcome to CombatAce

Fates

Well, you can grab them from my server... they're sorted by date:

http://halfevil.de/ww2scalemodeler/gallery...sim/2007-05-08/

http://halfevil.de/ww2scalemodeler/gallery...sim/2007-05-09/

If you poke around for dates in that format going back in time, you might find some more :)

Use them as you please! :)

Sweet....I'll do just that!

Cheers~

TrackIR will be great for examining landscape through binoculars but it is kinda... useless inside the tank :blink::biggrin: Or are you going to model the interior of the panzers as well?

TrackIR will be great for examining landscape through binoculars but it is kinda... useless inside the tank :blink::biggrin: Or are you going to model the interior of the panzers as well?

Not uselesss if you tie the TRackIR to the turrent and let the mouse control the treds. You can look and fire in one direction while turning and driving in another.

Interior?

SH_0173.jpeg

Voila! :)

Some new images....

Some images taken from a mission in hazy weather:

SH_0061.jpeg

SH_0064.jpeg

SH_0065.jpeg

SH_0066.jpeg

Some screenies taken during a sunny weather mission:

SH_0043.jpeg

SH_0045.jpeg

SH_0053.jpeg

SH_0055.jpeg

SH_0057.jpeg

SH_0059.jpeg

Some screenies of two IL-2s in-flight:

SH_0000.jpeg

SH_0002.jpeg

SH_0003.jpeg

SH_0004.jpeg

SH_0006.jpeg

SH_0007.jpeg

SH_0063.jpeg

Edited by rrohde

WOW!! looking forward to this...

those shots make me want to be a tanker...ok it's a joke. :haha:

I snapped some images while my AI gunner was shooting at a T-34.

The devs redid the particle effects, and I think they come across convincingly well. What do you think?

2007-04-01035.jpeg

2007-04-01036.jpeg

2007-04-01038.jpeg

2007-04-01039.jpeg

2007-04-01040.jpeg

2007-04-01044.jpeg

Hope you enjoy! :D

Nothing more satisfying than watching a turret fly off. :grin:

Watching the crew jump out and nailing them down with MG? :crazy:

Oh, done that one in Red Orchestra and OFP/ArmA many times! :grin: