As soon as I start any mission the main gun is firing. No way to stop it. It just fires till out of ammo. I have tried control settings but nothing seems to work.

Anyone had this problem? Any clues?

Queequeg

First thing I would suggest is that your trigger is stuck or space bar.

Try to map the gun to a diffrerent key and see if it still does it

First thing I would suggest is that your trigger is stuck or space bar.

Try to map the gun to a diffrerent key and see if it still does it

Yes that seems the obvious thing, that is why is the first one I have tried. What is more: IL2 works perfect. A stuck key is stuck for everything, isn't it? It is something else, and not so obvious.

Queequeg

first time I read about such a thing. Did you contact support Queequeg ? Very curious.

Are you using default settings?

Also you have here on this forum a bug section, that is visited by Third Wire. You can post there also, but I tend to think you have a specific problem.

Did you tried to uninstall/reinstall, use the default settings and see if it's occurring again?

I have installed and reinstalled the game three times now. In vain. I have not contacted support yet because it has to be related to my rig or configuration or it would happen to many. I thought that it could have happened to someone else, though, and that's why I posted here.

I should have mentioned, maybe, that it is an X-45 HOTAS and a wireless Genius keyboard. I don't believe it has anything to do with that, but just in case.

I seem to remember someone else reporting this problem with a Saitek as well, but don't remember who. do a search on joystick stuck and see what comes up.

I have tried the search: nothing.

Before I posted I tried all manners of searches to no avail. But English not being my native language it is quite difficult for me to do effective searches.

Thanks for the tip.

And I have tried unplugging the X-45 and starting the game: it keeps happening.

Reinstall and try to launch the game using default settings and without the joystick was the right thing to do. This is what you've done. So...

I've tried quickly a search here too and also at simhq's forum. Apparently nothing relating to your problem or associated to the X 45.

Really curious. Certainly you know this better, but I've read many criticism about the driver furnished with your joystick, users complaining that this soft is causing problems and that you have to download the latest soft on Saitek. But you know this better certainly!

Better for you to contact the support now, I fear.

Reinstall and try to launch the game using default settings and without the joystick was the right thing to do. This is what you've done. So...

I've  tried quickly a search here too and also at simhq's forum. Apparently nothing relating to your problem or associated to the X 45.

Really curious. Certainly you know this better, but I've read many criticism about the driver furnished with your joystick, users complaining that this soft is causing problems and that you have to download the latest soft on Saitek. But you know this better certainly!

Better for you to contact the support now, I fear.

I guess you are right. I will try support after going through the trials again (to make sure). Saitek drivers used to stink but they have been alright for a while now, but then again, it could be them back to naughtyness. I am very timid as to update Saitek drivers in case there is a new version I don't know of. They are just as dangerous as SARS.

Thanks for the help, people. I'll get back to you with an explanation or solution if I find it. This thread could be still read by someone who passed through the same hell and came out!

yes, keep an eye here, maybe someone will have a useful comment for you. After all you first posted yesterday.

Good luck with your joystick! Don't know if you have XP, but I've read that the latest XP driver is perfect. A friend of mine is very happy with it ,although he tended before to see it like you as some kind of SARS indeed!

In the meantime try single missions Air to Air combat with the F4B and F4C: no guns! Combat with air to air missiles only. Not so easy to learn using Sparrow. This is what real pilots experienced at the beginning of the F4 era. Try it!

:idea: I forgot something very important!!!!!

Do you have the US version or the Euro version?

If you have the US one, you MUST patch it with patch 1 (available here-see downloads). Before patch, 1 gun malfunctions were reported (although not like yours).

So if you have the US version patch it and see if it does it!

I went through the painful install/reinstall thing along with the plug/unplug one without any results and I was about reporting to the support stuff (my cursing capacity long ago exhausted) when my eyes fell upon my home made box of trimmers for IL2FB. Uninstalled them right away and voila! Everything goes fine again. (Oh, yes, we could talk about that little corrupted dial on the right side of the default instant action plane, but that's quite another story)

Thank you all for your interest and support.

Cheers!

Queequeg