Sign in to follow this  

Ok i see all these screenshots of like the planes and cockpits and i notice the radar and sometimes it has like a terrain radar and other ones and when i try to get those in the game i cant figure out how to use them. i press the page up button to change radar modes and all i get is 2 different ones on each plane which are basically the same just one tracks air targets and one tracks ground targets and it is the one with the green bar that goes in circles and i dont have my manual i lost it. so can someone help me out here please. sorry if this has been asked before.

This is the right place here!

Return to biohaz home, see right and find the "knowledge base", in which you will find two aticles relating to the radar (7 and 10).

i looked at that and i followed the instructions whats wierd is that none of the pictures of there radar images match mine here ill put 2 screenshots of the only modes i have the first is search and the second is ground mode. can anyone tell me if tehres looks like this

strange indeed!!

are you using the radar in HARD mode? Select this in the gameplay settings.

I think this is happening with easy settings, he just have to change it to HARD

i looked at that and i followed the instructions whats wierd is that none of the pictures of there radar images match mine here ill put 2 screenshots of the only modes i have the first is search and the second is ground mode. can anyone tell me if tehres looks like this

There is nothing "wrong" with these pictures.

You are operating in the Easy level of difficulty. In this mode, when you are in Search, the radar beam will rotate 360 degrees around your plane. You can lock on any target that is within the limits of lock-on range (50nm in the F-4).

Once you lock on, the scope picture will change. The rotating beam will continue to scan 360 degrees and a second stationary line will extend out over your target. The target "blip" will show up on this line. If there are other targets nearby, they too will show up once your range closes in...usually around 10nm, you may be able to see multiple targets such as in a bomber formation.

The F-4 RWR shows an identical picture to the radar scope...this is how it is in Easy mode.

The easy mode is not a good representation of 60s era radar operation. I suggest players use either Normal or Hard mode.

SimHQ will have an article on A2A radar operation and weapons delivery techniques up soon.

thanks people that helped lol never thought they would change the radar displays on different difficulties but thanks for your help later

Conner the displays do change with the different settings.you can change game setting in the option menu(You proably know that but i just had to put it in).