Sign in to follow this  
Piloto

Jet Fighter Movies

Besides "The Bridges at Toko-Ri" wich movies where made using 50´s/60´s/70´s fighters???

I just saw this one this week and where impressed by the quality of the footage in those days... :biggrin:

Can anyone contribute?

Watch "The hunters". F-86's & F-84's as Mig 15's (Only F-84s)

Falcon

Flight of the Intruder, made in the 90's set in Vietnam.

Final Count Down , made in the 80's set on a US carrier, but does not use anything A/C newer that the F-14A.

BAT-21 set in Vietnam, Gene Hackman a little B52 action.

Strategic Air Command, 1955 Jimmy Stewart. I love this movie one of my all time fav's

Thundering Jets, 1958.

Thats all i got!

how can Top Gun be left out?? or Iron Eagles(the 1st one)

Strategic Air Command, 1955 Jimmy Stewart. I love this movie one of my all time fav's

Wasn't there another SAC movie based around the B-52? My pops was watching it on Foxtel the other night, I think it has a very similar name.

Strangely enough, Hotshots fits this criteria since they used Folland Gnats...

Also, BAT21 is the only film I know of that has an A-3 in it, you know, for you trainspotters :rolleyes:

*EDIT* Ooh, how can we forget D.A.R.Y.L. with the SR-71? :ok:

I remember seeing another really bad film involving the SR-71. Some kind of made for TV tripe with SR-71 being some pseudo spaceship with 4 crew. I just remember it sucked bigtime!

Jet Pilot with John Wayne

A Gathering of Eagles with Rock Hudson

Now you've stepped into my territority...movies!

Shall we begin....????

Bombers, B-52

Toward the Unknown

X-15

Starfighters (notoiruous for terrible acting, nice 104 shots, though)

On The Threshold of Space (man-high style ballons)

Flight From Ashiya

Men of the Fighting Lady

Dr. Strangelove (gotta list this one!)

Great Santaini (PHANTOMS!!)

The Big Lift

Fail Safe

Steal the Sky (Iraqi defector - Frescos!)

By Dawn's Early Light (WW3)

You can find an incomplete listing here, Wrench's Genre Movie Guide

Also, do a Google search for 'Belle & Blade". They sepecalize in hard to find action/adventure/war/military/etc films. If you get their catalogue, prepare to spend moneys....lots of money....

Wrench

Kevin Stein

how can Top Gun be left out?? or Iron Eagles(the 1st one)

Chick flicks with fighter planes should not count!, ie; Top Gun.

In the VFA squadron I was assigned to Top Gun was actually used as a training film, the pilots were required to count how many NATOPS violations Tom Cruise committed while around an aircraft.

so what was the final count??

Well....by now i´ve upgraded my collection to:

- Bridges at Toko-Ri

- Top Gun

- Iron Eagle 1&2&3&4

- Tornado (thats the Portuguese Title...movie with Italian 104´s and Tornados chasing aliens)

- Hot Shots :tongue:

- Flight of the Intruder

- By Dawn's Early Light

- Memphis Belle

This was what i could find (mostly with portuguese subs) by now...will try to find all the other excellent choices you provide me with...

Offtopic, one movie wich is particularly bothering me is FireBirds...it has come out in Portugal in VHS but wasnt converted into dvd...bummer!

Starfighters is so bad it's good, on MST3K that is. :wink:

Now you've stepped into my territority...movies!

Shall we begin....????

Bombers, B-52

Toward the Unknown

X-15

Starfighters (notoiruous for terrible acting, nice 104 shots, though)

On The Threshold of Space (man-high style ballons)

Flight From Ashiya

Men of the Fighting Lady

Dr. Strangelove (gotta list this one!)

Great Santaini (PHANTOMS!!)

The Big Lift

Fail Safe

Steal the Sky (Iraqi defector - Frescos!)

By Dawn's Early Light (WW3)

You can find an incomplete listing here, Wrench's Genre Movie Guide

Also, do a Google search for 'Belle & Blade". They sepecalize in hard to find action/adventure/war/military/etc films. If you get their catalogue, prepare to spend moneys....lots of money....

Wrench

Kevin Stein

Yes, it is true!!!! I went to his site and

my eeeeeeyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeessssssss they burn!!!!!!!!!!! :alcoholic:

Tooooo much movies!!!!!!!!!

"Firebirds"...oy vey!!!

The only things good about that movie are both on Sean Young, and their covered with a flight suit. :wink:

although, Tommy Lee Jones was pretty good. Seeing a Draken was nice, too.

I can just imagine an MST3K version of Starfighters....

Mike: why is that jet's engine howling so much?

Crow: because it's in this movie!!

:crazy:

As for other 'general, semi-military, or aviation related films of the 50s,' we mustn't forget the recent releases on DVD of --FINALLY!!! - 'The High & The Mighty', and 'Island at the top of the World' -- John Wayne, need we say more???

I've also recently discoverd that the WW2 James Cagney film 'Captains of the Clouds' has been released -- RCAF, including an appearence by Billy Bishop!

Wrench

Kevin Stein

Did everyone forget 'Broken Arrow'? :)

There aren't too many jet flying movies I enjoy really...it's really hard to suspend disbelief on some of the stuff they do...

FastCargo

"Firebirds"...oy vey!!!

The only things good about that movie are both on Sean Young, and their covered with a flight suit. :wink:

although, Tommy Lee Jones was pretty good. Seeing a Draken was nice, too.

:crazy:

As for other 'general, semi-military, or aviation related films of the 50s,' we mustn't forget the recent releases on DVD of --FINALLY!!! - 'The High & The Mighty', and 'Island at the top of the World' -- John Wayne, need we say more???

I've also recently discoverd that the WW2 James Cagney film 'Captains of the Clouds' has been released -- RCAF, including an appearence by Billy Bishop!

Wrench

Kevin Stein

Kevin

Its Island In the Sky......shame on you..... :biggrin:

Did everyone forget 'Broken Arrow'? :)

There aren't too many jet flying movies I enjoy really...it's really hard to suspend disbelief on some of the stuff they do...

FastCargo

Especially Stealth, planes don't fly that close unless they need to be in the shot! Oh, and the B-3 wasn't made in the 50s through 70s though :tongue:

Especially Stealth, planes don't fly that close unless they need to be in the shot! Oh, and the B-3 wasn't made in the 50s through 70s though :tongue:

Hey! Ive just remembered!!! There was a sneaky film with F-117´s (i think it was with Mickael Dudikoff) one black and one Zebra camouflaged in AAC!!!

The funniest part was they where tranported wingfolded inside a C5 and the just throw throw them out the back, unfould wings and hit the start button before hitting the ground!!! :crazy:

By the way anyone remembers the Masserchmit aka "ARES" from Aces: Iron Eagle? :biggrin:

ares.jpg

This should bee a nice addition to the SF Family wouldt you agree? :wink:

I can also recall a couple of movies

"The Right Stuff" which includes much footage of the early jet age apart from its main story having to do with the original space race. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086197/

I remember another movie not very well known called "Red Flag" and its story is based in post vietnam era USA, Nellis AFB, where to old flightmates fron the vietnam war go through training facing each other. Not a good movie, but very accurate footage o f phantoms and F-5's in ACM training. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082978/

Edited by photis

Wrench

Kevin Stein

They were quite exasperated with the choral soundtrack "Da....da da da....da....da da da DAAA!"

They also made the comment "So, I guess they're refueling then?"

At the beginning some guy comes out to tell the pilots on the ramp something and Crow says "NOT an actor!"

MST3K actually did a version of it??? cool!!!!

We've haven't seen MST here in LA for some time...I guess SciFi Channel dropped a few years back.

I miss it ... it was fun!!!

Wrench

kevin stein

I'm glad USAFMTL got 'Jet Pilot' up there! :) Don't forget 'Fail Safe' which had some footage of B-58's, and 'Dr. Strangelove' (B-52's). There was a movie that had U-2's and the Cuban Missile Crisis, don't remember the name. And speaking of the CMC, '13 Days' with F-8 goodness! :smile:

(drum roll please...)

"Prof. Farnsworth: Good new everyone; from Amazon.com....for pre-WW2, WW2 and Post-WW2 movie buffs...."

New DVD releases (region 1 -usa)

30 Seconds Over Tokyo

Air Force

Hell and High Water

12 o'clock High (special edition) (huh??? what could thy add??)

Captains of the Clouds

Dive Bomber

The Purple Heart

Fixed Bayonets

and many others are now OUT or, in the case of H&HW, 30 Seconds, and Air Force, to be released June 5-ish

Just got an email, FINALLY .... the studios are getting to MY wish list

as to 'Island"...don't know why that Disney title came to mind...JM is correct, it's "Island in the Sky"....must be my inner child creeping out again...

Wrench

kevin stein

as to 'Island"...don't know why that Disney title came to mind...JM is correct, it's "Island in the Sky"....must be my inner child creeping out again...

Wrench

kevin stein

It was me not JM who told you that. Man you are batting a 1000..... :crazy::biggrin:

It's been a hard week...

Wrench

Kevin Stein

612- THE STARFIGHTERS

First shown: 10/29/94

Opening: Crow tries to log onto the information super-highway

Intro: Cranial ports; Cowboy Mike's bold barbecue sauce

Host segment 1: While he and Tom reenact the refueling scene, Crow misses a call

Host segment 2: The bots "debrief" Mike

Host segment 3: The United Servo Academy Men's Chorus performs

End: Crow finally logs onto the information super-highway, letter, the Mads are sharing their thoughts

Stinger: Lady elbows hubby

The opening scene where Crow is trying to get his PC onto the internet (pre Win95 of course) is hilarious. Lots of talk about comm ports and UARTs to make you nostalgic. :wink:

Anyway, I got the special edition of Tora Tora Tora last summer and it's great. Commentaries, documentaries, tons of stuff.