Sign in to follow this  
Maxtype

Newbie question-system specs

Hi all-just getting back into sims after a LONG absence................

My question is,will my Dell Celeron 2527MHz with Intel ® 82865G graphics controller 64MB display card,512 MB memory,DirectX 9.0 video and audio,downloaded the latest drivers yesterday-DVD-ROM drive and SoundMAX Digital Audio (pshewww!!!)-will I be able to run Falcon 4 Allied Force??

Thanks! :blink:

I would think it unlikely that you will get a worthwhile game playing experience

Of all the sims being played now, you're most likely to get F4:AF running with that rig.

The main problem is your video card...Intel integrated video is about as low as you can go, if you were doing the video limbo. :grin:

Pretty much any other sim won't run at all I would think. You might get F4 to at least function, though. I don't know what kind of board you have, but it will need some kind of DX9-compatible video card put in there.

Of all the sims being played now, you're most likely to get F4:AF running with that rig.

The main problem is your video card...Intel integrated video is about as low as you can go, if you were doing the video limbo. :grin:

Pretty much any other sim won't run at all I would think. You might get F4 to at least function, though. I don't know what kind of board you have, but it will need some kind of DX9-compatible video card put in there.

Thanks guys.I've decided to just save up and build a sim rig.............. :haha:

Go Alieneware.

Go Alieneware.

Can I buy components from Alienware?? I can't affford to order a new system-I'll have to build it piece by piece...........................

No, they're full-system only. For parts, places like ZipZoomFly and NewEgg are popular among others.

Thanks! I just got IL-2 today...........it works great on my system...........so I have SOMETHING cool to fly until I finish my new system!

Hey Guys! I got Allied Force and it runs! I bought a CH Fighterstick USB and ordered Falcon 4.0:AF with it 'cuz I got a good price.I decided to install it on the "what the heck" plan-and it runs fine so far! I'm having a lot of fun with it! :clapping: