L-39ZA Albatros

Aero Vochody L-39ZA Albatros

Soviet-era light trainer that has become popular around the world for aerobatics, training, light attack, and sport flying. The version reflected here is the L-39ZA light attack aircraft, with strengthened wings, four outboard weapon pylons, and an optional 23mm cannon pack on the centerline. Two skins are available, Soviet/Czech tactical camouflage, and modern Czech grey.

Thank AJ for this. A surprise indeed.

great stuff and an awesome suprise.I have wanted one for the longest time and was very happy to see this.Thank you.

Thanks a lot, a very nice surprise indeed. One of the most beautiful ex East Bloc planes...

Aju,

Derk :clapping:

Thanks guys for the fast praise. :blush2: Guess I can't be a lurker around here anymore, haha.

Thanks guys for the fast praise. :blush2: Guess I can't be a lurker around here anymore, haha.

Nope you have been assimliated. :biggrin:

Guest Saganuay82

Theres one I have been waiting for. Thanks, I'll get to download it in two weeks.

:clapping: Great work man! I just love this light attack airplanes! :good:

Is this only me or the gunpod is missing and the fps are kinda low? :dntknw:

When you extract the archive file, you should get an L39ZA folder, Weapons folder and a readme file. There are instructions on how to add the gunpod. As to the low fps, I just experienced that as well. I made two flights, one with and without the shadow on. Turning the shadow off or deleting the shadow line from the L39ZA.ini file will give you a much better FPS.

When you extract the archive file, you should get an L39ZA folder, Weapons folder and a readme file. There are instructions on how to add the gunpod. As to the low fps, I just experienced that as well. I made two flights, one with and without the shadow on. Turning the shadow off or deleting the shadow line from the L39ZA.ini file will give you a much better FPS.

Wich line is it? As for the instrutions...i must check but think my download didnt had any weapons instructions... :blink:

If you go into the L39ZA.ini in the L39ZA folder, to make the shadow not appear, change the following line...

[shadow]

CastShadow=FALSE<<<<<< Change to this

ShadowLOD=l39.shd

ShadowType=1

ShadowCastDist=80

MaxVisibleDistance=80

This will cause the shadow to not appear. I don't know about not having any weapon instructions. Perhaps download the file again. There is a weapons folder with the weapondata.ini entry and the gunpod files included. For instructions on adding the weapondata.ini entry see the knowledge base, there is a tutorial there.

if the LOD for the gunpod isn't showing up, make sure you don't have the file "l39gunpod.ini" in your objects/weapons folder. the game will think the file is specifying levels of detail for the weapon and, upon not finding the information, makes the weapon invisible.

I was just looking what's new here after the weekend and suddenly BAM Albatros was released! What a pleasant surprise!

Thank you very very much saint aj! :good:

(imho a good opportunity to try out those font sizes)

File Name: L-39ZA Albatros

File Submitter: saint aj

File Submitted: 19 May 2007

File Category: Cold War Aircraft

Soviet-era light trainer that has become popular around the world for aerobatics, training, light attack, and sport flying. The version reflected here is the L-39ZA light attack aircraft, with strengthened wings, four outboard weapon pylons, and an optional 23mm cannon pack on the centerline. Two skins are available, Soviet/Czech tactical camouflage, and modern Czech grey.

Click here to download this file

Sweet. Nice work!

File Name: L-39ZA Albatros

File Submitter: saint aj

File Submitted: 19 May 2007

File Category: Cold War Aircraft

Click here to download this file

THANX man!!! Another famous and very good playable plane from Czechoslovak history production :clapping:

Now we have L-29 Delfín (from Monty CZ) and L-39 Albatros (from you, of course). Both planes are very important for aviation history of many states. THANX, THANX, THANX!!! I tried it, and it is very good work, I think :fans: