I just recently got a copy of LOMAC, and started fooling around with it. In short, I still suck at it so far, but I can kill an AI plane once in a while, and it's fun to fly jets for a change, instead of WWII fighters. (I also play CFS III once in a while)

But I have one question about the Fast Battle Planner: Is there a way to fight around mountains instead of just flat coastline? I just think it'd be cool to have more terrain, for whatever that's worth.

There are massive mountains on the eastern shore of the Black Sea--the Caucasus. By default a lot happens in the Crimean Peninsula or across the straits to the east, but that is flat.

Look at the "detailed" terrain on the map (where it's not just flat green) and you'll see it on the lower right of the map.

try changing (in the map options tab) GEOPHYS to SATELLITE. that will let you see everything, from mountains to fields, cities to the nuclear power plant. (find it if you can!)