Sign in to follow this  
SidDogg

Where's The Kosovo Terrain?

Doe s anybody know where the Kosovo Terrain is at? :dntknw:

I found it at www.checksix-fr.com after extensive search through almost every SF related forum :biggrin:

I found it at www.checksix-fr.com after extensive search through almost every SF related forum :biggrin:

WHYY I THANK ye my good sir :biggrin:

It may also be a AvSim

But....

Be prepared to be disappointed...it was never finished, and is very buggy...lots of little weird problems, coastlines, mountains, etc being 'strange'.

The entire terrain needs a rebuild from the bottom up. I was fiddling with is earler this year, and gave up.

You can still fly over it, there are targets to bomb, etc....just lots of General Weirdness. (Murphy's brother-in-law)

Wrench

kevin stein

It may also be a AvSim

But....

Be prepared to be disappointed...it was never finished, and is very buggy...lots of little weird problems, coastlines, mountains, etc being 'strange'.

The entire terrain needs a rebuild from the bottom up. I was fiddling with is earler this year, and gave up.

You can still fly over it, there are targets to bomb, etc....just lots of General Weirdness. (Murphy's brother-in-law)

Wrench

kevin stein

cool ^_^ i'm think i'll work with it a little; see if i can't use it for my mod :biggrin:

Yes I noticed that too, but hey I'm from Croatia, so textured or not, it's still a home :biggrin:

• Dislike 1

cool ^_^ i'm think i'll work with it a little; see if i can't use it for my mod :biggrin:

I have it if you need it

Yes I noticed that too, but hey I'm from Croatia, so textured or not, it's still a home :biggrin:

:rofl:

That's like me with the Southern California terrain...needs a major overhaul, but I can 'see my house from here!' :haha:

Wrench

Kevin Stein

Guest Saganuay82

Well the SoCal terrain was being redone and got shelved from what I remember. Kosovo I know was being worked on. I have a larger map than what USAFMTL did for what called the Adriatic Terrain. The TE allows you to use not only DEM beside the area you want but up and down now.

The old Kosovo had so many enemy bases and targets too close to the 80 km buffer zone that you would always be flying into a invisible wall.

Doe s anybody know where the Kosovo Terrain is at? :dntknw:

HELLO Vulkan here I modded kosovo terrain

HELLO Vulkan here I modded kosovo terrain

First of all use the TERRAIN EDITOR to make from HFD.file to PLANNINGMAP bmp.files, and resire them (with a photo or picture editor program) diferent sises to PLANNINGMAP 1,2,3...

And how to add rivers to KOSOVO terrain ? :dntknw:

I have ,and useed a little the Terrain Editor, but I enable to add rivers like Danobius(Donau/Duna)...

Thyere used to be al little trick, IIRC by Wrench, that made it possible to operate closer to the borders of terrains. He used it on the Kosovo terrain, can't find the mod anymore, anybody who knows about it ?

Thx

Derk

Its a mod of the FLIGHTENGINE ini

But this doesnt work anymore with the later versions of the game

[WorldSettings]
SectorWidth=20
SectorHeight=20
SectorMaxObject=512
Border=30000.0
//default//Border=80000.0
MinHeight=1.0
MaxHeight=35000.0