I think I´m not going to play this anymore...

More than 30 airplanes to the trashcan,thousands of added archives,like pilot datas,sounds,weapons pack...

It must be a curse,goddamm Mirage III!It ruined my life!I installed it and in the middle,I saw it was deleting some files and adding new ones.I´m 100% sure it was that bastard plane.Now my game crashes at the start....

I don´t know what to do,I think I will uninstall it and quit the game...

Good luck and have fun.

That's why I run all "exe" add-ons to a seperate folder in a temp directory.

It's a little more work, haveing to manually copy/paste the needed files, but I've never had a problem doing it that way.

Sorry for your problems.

Wrench

Kevin Stein

tried rolling back to before you added it?

Give it a while & you'll probably be back - this series is addictive.

As goofy as it sounds, I actually backup my WoV/E installations when I install it. So I have a clean fresh working install waiting on a DVD-R just in case.

I will also rar up the entire directory and burn it to disk every 3 months.

I have been modding way to long to know if you keep adding and changing things, eventually something will foul up somewhere.

Amen to that!

After I did a stock SFP1/WOV/WOE merged install, first thing I did was do a DVD backup. Works great when something breaks!

And I do regular backups to a portable hardrive. I have to! The directory is 15 GB now! :)

FastCargo

Sorry for your problems.

Wrench

Kevin Stein

No,Wrench,it´s not your fault,neither of anyone.I´m just afraid I ruined the game.

Amen to that!

After I did a stock SFP1/WOV/WOE merged install, first thing I did was do a DVD backup. Works great when something breaks!

And I do regular backups to a portable hardrive. I have to! The directory is 15 GB now! :)

FastCargo

What?

You-you mean....that you can copy and paste the game without having to install it?

DING DING DING!!!! We have a winner!

That is exactly what you do. With the right compression, I can turn my 15 gig installation into a 4 gig .7z file, burn it to a DVD-R and then keep it should anything go wrong. Then, if something blows up and the original doesn't work all I have to do is unpack the files from the disk and I am back to where I was two weeks ago, rather than starting from scratch.

You-you mean....that you can copy and paste the game without having to install it?

YES!!! That's what we all been saying all along...didn't you read the tutorial on "how to create a era-specific install" I just wrote??? :dntknw:

One, clean fully patched install is all you truely need...for storing the most up to date core game files

All other installs are just copies of that, with the era-relevant aircraft/vehicles/ships/terrains, whatever, needed.

Now, mind you, I have a 250 gig internal, and a 180 gig external (for backing up full installs and file storage 0nly!...)

This is what's on mine:

SF:

stock (full patched)

full everything(minus ww2)

SF-Korea (1950s)

SF-ETO

SF-SWOTL2

SF-Iran/Iraq

SF-DBS

SF-OTC

SF-PTO

SF-Suez (arab/israeli wars)

SF-Weapons (for testing new aircraft and weapons)

{it should be noted, all the WW2 stuff & Suez has been transfered over to WoE,and the originals backedup to the external}

WoV (just one, modded. I didn't like this one too much, just my opinion)

WoE:

stock (fully patched, unmodded)

WoE-Desert Storm (you didn't see this one)

WoE-FullSF (all the stuff from the SF above, terrains, ships, etc)

WoE-modded (weaponspak, tweeked terrains, aircraft, everything from 1950-2040)

WoE-ETO (WW2 Europe)

WoE-MTO (WW2 North Afirca/Med)

WoE-SWOTL2 (ww2 Europe with the 1946 plus stuff)

WoE-PTO (includes WW2:46 Pacific stuff)

WoE-PropColdWar (cold war gone hot: 1947)

WoE-NATOFighters (superb add on)

WoE-Mid East Wars (arab/isreali)

First Eagles:

FE-stock

FE-modded (most of the planes, vehicles, terrains, etc)

So, there you have it. It all depends on how much space you want to use for your games. I would venture a guess at my total usage at around 85-100 gigs.

But the single most important thing is: Always have 1 install that's 'clean', with no mods and fully patched to the latest standard. This install is usually not played in, but is used as the "core" storage of needed, up-to-date files used in creating other copies for Era/Theatre Specific versions.

Wrench

kevin stein

I always run the exe to my desktop - then manually move the files in myself in case it tries to replace the weapondata.ini or something - then i uninstall or just delete the downloaded exe and files from my desktop.

The auto installer usually only puts the files in the correct location (if you specify it) - it wont sort out other things. eg if the Mirage is specified as a nation not already in the game - it wont add the nation into Nations.ini - also it wont auto install any drop tanks weapons - these have to be done manually using the weapons editor. - its likely that the game may be looking for something that hasnt been done.

Yeah also I periodically back up my installs to DVD - even if i need to start again from fresh - eg when a major service pack is released - I can just move mods back over from the old install.

Its nightmare losing a modded install that s been building up over time - takes ages to do the thing in one go - plus you need to find all the mods again!

Edited by CoolHand29

I will going to do what Wrench sayid,but I have some questions.

The first and most important is how I´m going to install 3 WoV folders in my Program Files?

Can I rename the files or that will really mess the game?

2nd is if I can simply move the old aircraft folders to the new WoV Aircraft folder.

Of course that I will have to place all the pilot files,but...

3rd is if I can place the Yak-15 and the F9F in the WWII mod.

And the AV-8,the MiG-27 and B-52 are what,Cold War or Modern Aircraft?

Guest Saganuay82

1. All I did was change the name of the main game folder to reflect what it is - KAW, DRV etc. Then all you do is make a shortcut to that game and change the name of the shortcut to reflect the install. You can also define the name of the folder you want to install it to using the Custom Install button.

2. Yes you can move all of the aircraft between game folders. I do that as I make new game setups. I also use the Backup folder that the game creates when it is patching and I move planes in and out of there as I see fit. Pilot files?

3. Those last 3 are Cold War and Modern. Span both.

I never let anything auto install it for me, then again I have been playing this for 5 years. I always point auto installers to an empty folder on the desktop and then move files over once I see what they are doing.

This is my Thirdwire folder, with stock installs of SFG, WOV and FE (WWI). I used my stock WOE for NATO fighters as that's the only real use I have for that game. I use SFG as the basis for all of my other installs apart from YAP.

thirdwire.jpg

Looks like I've still got a few more to do to catch up to Wrench!

:crazy: Allen, and I don't have as many as some other folks I know!!!!

98: please read the tutorial I wrote...it pretty much explains all your questions.

And I'd also suggest a quick buzz through the 'history of military flight' sections, web-based or in a local library, to fine tune which aircraft go into what era. Some of us, well...we've been studying military aviation all our lives, so we'll always have a leg up on most folks.

As to your Yak and Panther, both are post-war aircraft. Not affiliated with the 2nd World War in any way, shape or form. The data ini should give you a hint, as it states the operational years. You could slip the Yak into a Korea era install, but they weren't used there either. (although there is some evidence of a 15/23 shot down by a Skyknight on a night intercept -- I have the RG Smith painting of it)

The USNavy didn't start getting their jets until 1947; McD Phantom I, early Banshees, FJ-1 (fugly sucker). The USAAF had them from mid-45, but not in any operations in WW2 (P-80, P-84). Remember, the USAF didn't exist until October, 1947

The only truely operational jets in WW2 were:

Me-262 series

Ar-234 series

Meteor F.3

(we don't count the 4 P-80s that toured Italy in late 44/early 45...they were just demo models)

History, history, history...it's all about history.

Wrench

kevin stein

tried rolling back to before you added it?

Give it a while & you'll probably be back - this series is addictive.

It's true this is an addictive game I uninstalled it for C&C 3 and I am already getting the urge to reinstall it because there is just so much to do and that there are truck loads of addons that extend the fun factor. Plus the fact that I have yet to finish a couple of videos I was working on, mainly because I was going to use a couple of my friends as voice actors for characters but I scrapped that Idea mainly because I didnt have the equipment. But I am transforming those to Music Videos, and the scripts are being rewritten as short stories some of which are near completion and if you all are interested in reading them let me know and I will post them ASAP.

Edited by Falcon161

It's true this is an addictive game I uninstalled it for C&C 3

Are you nuts? :blink: I just got a bigger HD so I could have both...... :rofl:

Are you nuts? :blink: I just got a bigger HD so I could have both...... :rofl:

No but I do feel like a complete idiot for uninstaling it:crazy:. Because I lost a red and blue camo that I was working on for the SU-27. It was taking me a looooooong time to edit it because I was using MS paint, GIMP 2.0 was a little to confusing and the articles reccomended were too confusing for me to understand even though I am good at understanding difficult things after alot of practice. I just wish there was an easier way of editing skins like selecting a color on the skin then changing that color to something else.

you are using the old mirage IIIC install (with weapon editor active).. juste rebuild you weapon pack, and install the last mirage.

++

Guest Sony Tuckson

and btw, more than 1500 downloads, and none had that problem with the Mirage III

So I'm pretty sure it's not what caused your problem, the installer only copies files......

Don't blame our product, it's not at fault here

In fact I have never had any issue installing any Mirage Factory aircraft. I think you did something to your install itself. But I do suspect the reason my air conditioner quit working has to do with the Mirage IIIE I installed at the same time as it kicked on. Now my AC doesn't work and neither does my oven.....The Mirage Factory will be hearing from my lawyers..... :lol:

"Ever since you worked on my brakes, my radio dosen't work"

haven't heard that one before......NOT!!!

Wrench

kevin stein

Amen to that!

FastCargo

Mine is up to 25GBs :D

"Ever since you worked on my brakes, my radio dosen't work"

haven't heard that one before......NOT!!!

Wrench

kevin stein

Ever had that "something loose in cockpit/something tightened in cockpit" exchange? :grin:

So,reformulating.

I must install the game in 4 folders,one for WWII,one for Cold War,one for Modern and one for the original game.

I can copy the planes folders to the new game modes,or its better to unzip all again?

Also,the effects that is in my old game.Can I copy the folder to all the WoV folders (except the original)?That should save me some work,but I dunno if will work.Like,for WWII,can I copy the folder,still it haves the Su-27 afterburner effect?

And may I do the same for the pilot models?Copy all for all the "mods"?

And I also need to know what planes can be considered modern or cold war.

The B-52 (what version is used by the USAF today?),the A-10 Early,the F-5F and F-5E (I say this plane because FAB still use it),P-3,OV-10,Victor,Valiant.

I think I´m not going to play this anymore...

More than 30 airplanes to the trashcan,thousands of added archives,like pilot datas,sounds,weapons pack...

It must be a curse,goddamm Mirage III!It ruined my life!I installed it and in the middle,I saw it was deleting some files and adding new ones.I´m 100% sure it was that bastard plane.Now my game crashes at the start....

I don´t know what to do,I think I will uninstall it and quit the game...

i have ran into this problem before and i found out you have to turn off you antivirus program becuase there is a compatible issues problem

so each time i want to run WOV or WOE i turn off my antivirus.