Sign in to follow this  
gerrygreen1

ctd after using 1360 x 768 menu system for WOV?

Hi all,

I have recently attempted to use the 1360 menu system but after it is installed, the game crashes back to the desktop almost immediately.

I have been running what i believe to be a fully patched version with the latest direct x and weapons pack (3 july 06??). Not many other mods as i have only just re installed the game after some computer issues.

any help or ideas why this may be happening would be greatly appreciated, sorry if its an easy fix, do i need to change my resolution (only just computer literate).

its not the end of the world as i backed up prior to the event but i would like to give it a try.

Hi all,

I have recently attempted to use the 1360 menu system but after it is installed, the game crashes back to the desktop almost immediately.

I have been running what i believe to be a fully patched version with the latest direct x and weapons pack (3 july 06??). Not many other mods as i have only just re installed the game after some computer issues.

any help or ideas why this may be happening would be greatly appreciated, sorry if its an easy fix, do i need to change my resolution (only just computer literate).

its not the end of the world as i backed up prior to the event but i would like to give it a try.

Did you copy a new MENUSYSTEM.INI file to your \MENU directory? The first section of that file should read something like this:

[MenuSystem]

StartMenu=MainScreen

Width=1360 <--- If this still says 1024, then the program crashes

Height=768

ColorDepth=16

TextFilename=MenuText.str

TimeDateTextFilename=TimeDate.str

MenuDataFilename=

FadeTime=0.25

WaitMouseCursor=WaitAnimation

Edited by kout

Yeah, I was having that problem too....I tried out WoE on my new LCD TV and when I switched it back it crashed....after changing the res back to a 4.3 ratio res it worked fine

Hi guys,

Thanks for the input, I have changed my mainscreen to reflect the 1360 change and also tried to change the screen res. to 1360 with no joy, still crashing.

My screen res. only goes up to 1280 or something, could this be my problem??

My screen res. only goes up to 1280 or something, could this be my problem??

You're kidding right? I wouldn't try 1360x768 widescreen settings on a 1280x1024 monitor.... :rofl:

You're kidding right? I wouldn't try 1360x768 widescreen settings on a 1280x1024 monitor.... :rofl:

Thanks again.........but you apparently would have known not to try whereas I obviously didn't, or I wouldn't have asked.

My apologies - my reply was a bit harsh - although I nearly checked to see whether it was the 1st of April.

Is your monitor a LCD screen? Widescreen or regular (i.e. width:height 16:10 or 5:4)? What's your windows resolution set to? (right-click on your desktop, then properties, settings, look under "screen resolution"). Is it 1280x768? 1280x1024? Or some other resolution? Can it go any higher? If its 1280x1024 you could opt for 1280x768 widescreen setting (although I don't know whether that's available) but you'd lose a bit of screen real estate.

Best,

Kout

My apologies - my reply was a bit harsh - although I nearly checked to see whether it was the 1st of April.

Is your monitor a LCD screen? Widescreen or regular (i.e. width:height 16:10 or 5:4)? What's your windows resolution set to? (right-click on your desktop, then properties, settings, look under "screen resolution"). Is it 1280x768? 1280x1024? Or some other resolution? Can it go any higher? If its 1280x1024 you could opt for 1280x768 widescreen setting (although I don't know whether that's available) but you'd lose a bit of screen real estate.

Best,

Kout

No probs, If I sat down and thought about it I probably could have realised the problem myself but I honestly didn't know what my monitor went to as i'm not completely computer literate and just assumed those settings were good for all.

Thanks again and guess i'll leave it there and hide in a quiet corner !!!!! (mildly embarrassed :blush: :blush: )

No probs, If I sat down and thought about it I probably could have realised the problem myself but I honestly didn't know what my monitor went to as i'm not completely computer literate and just assumed those settings were good for all.

Thanks again and guess i'll leave it there and hide in a quiet corner !!!!! (mildly embarrassed :blush: :blush: )

No need to be (too) embarrased - why don't you check yor resolution and we'll be able to tell you what works.