Sign in to follow this  
195th_Sith

1:48 F-15C

Just got done hand painting this so far. I think it's going to turn out pretty well. Nothing is glued, just preliminary camo on pieces that will stay together on their own.

The photos aren't that great due to what I have to use to take them, sorry.

top.jpg

side.jpg

Looks good, is that 1/48th?

Yes it is Revell 1:48 scale kit. Out of probably nearly 150 models I have built in my time, this is the very first F-15 I have worked on. Lacking most of the advanced tools I'd normally need, I had to do the camo by hand. Its being done in acrylic water-based paint. For some reason I like the acrylic finish better than the enamel oil-based, not to mention is a lot easier to clean and/or wipe off mistakes with a paper towel. That trick came in handy when working on the canopy glass. =)

S!

Guest Sony Tuckson

looks promising

didn't make any model kit for the last 10 years....

I bought Hasagawa models way back in 75 that I haven't built yet.

An A-7 Corsair, A-6 Intruder, and an RA-5C Vigilante.

Maybe some day I will get around to building them!

Chief

I'd certainly like to see shots of those under construction! If you get around to them, don't forget to post pics!!! I should have a few more up of the Eagle tonight sometime.

Thanks guys!

S!

Looks like you've got a pretty good hold on the Mod Eagle scheme. Although if you are wanting to fill any seams, you'll need to retouch those areas as after you sand, you'll lose some paint and detail.

What markings are you going to put on it?

Storm

Guest Sony Tuckson

>Storm is 100% right

without criticism, but just as a positive remark, you should first build the model, then paint it, to avoid a lot of problems and provide a much better look for your model

we speak about "external" paint of course, not inside details..

What squadron signs do the F-15 get?And from wich airbase is that?

He looks good.

Greetings

Dutchy

Well I completed the cockpit and main gear, including every SINGLE little white knob :shock: on the side panels and the intrument panel just to name one detail. hehe

As far as filling the seams, I'd really love to do that, but past attempts resulted in disaster, such as sanding off raised panel lines, etc. I may save the seam filling to my next one, a A-6 Intruder 1:48 scale.

Marking tail code is ZZ, aircraft # 533. It doesnt say what squadron it is, or where it is/was based though. If anyone knows what that tail code is, ZZ, I'd love to know! I will have more pics of the Eagle up tonight. I may include a few pics of my F-4J and F-14D. None have the seams filled. Like i said, it was a disaster. :o

S!

THanks for the responses guys!

http://www.aeroflight.co.uk/waf/usa/usaf-pacaf.htm

On this site you can find a little information. It helps you start to search for more.

The ZZ squadron is based at Okinawa and has a long history.

Now you know where you looking at. You can more specify your details and history.

I hoped you made it from the 32nd Tactical Fighter Squadron.

That was based at Soesterberg in The Netherlands. Good old history. I wish them back. I still miss the sound of the F-15 at Camp New Amsterdam.

Greetings

Dutchy

On the inside of the vertical stabs, there is a squadron emblem of a Samurai, so it is more than likely a squadron based in that area geographically. I have taken a few more shots, so you can see what I have done.

Held together with a little luck, and all pets put in the other room. :lol:

whole.jpg

canopy.jpg

Cockpit

starpit.jpg

portpit.jpg

portpit2.jpg

aviobay.jpg

Hopefully I will be able to paint my own skins for Lomac, would be neat to fly this one as well as own it. <grin>

F-14 Cockpit

frontback.jpg

f14_12.jpg

F-4J

A-nose.jpg

decal1.jpg

I'm gonna take a look at that site you mentioned Dutchy, see what I can find! Thanks! :D

S!

That looks good.

Maybe you found more about that squadron on www.af.mil.

Greetings

Dutchy

While waiting for my Alluminum and Steel colored paints to arrive (for the underside near the engines) this is what I have kept myself busy with. Man, my eyes hurt.

Pilot

pilot1.jpg

Groundcrew

groundcrew.jpg

Don't spray the paint in your eyes, maybe that is hurt your eyes :wink:

No kiddin', must say your pilot looks good.

Do you it with airbrush or with brush (How can I explain the difference, what I mean? Hope you know what I mean to say).

Every year I told myself. "And now I'm gonna make a model" And every winter is the same. No model.

Greetings

Dutchy

I have an airbrush, a good one, but its 300 miles away. I have a crappy testors $20 airbrush here, but man :roll: . You should see the havok that creates using water-based acrylic paint! It looks terrible.

No, I actually like handpainting my models. I personally think airbrushes make it too easy. hehehe I do like the finish they creat, but to hand paint a model makes me feel more like it's my own creation (probably why half of them look as bad as they do LOL!).

I'll take a brush any day though. You should build one soon! I cut the time spent on the PC in half just by having one in progress. It's a good thing I guess, since I can tell my eyesight is degrading from looking at computer monitors for so many years. I almost needed a magnifying glass just to paint that pilot.

S!

Maybe I have to make my own F-15 scale model (1/72, that is mostly my scale that I build of Revell) in the next winter. First summer with airshows and spotting. And when I make one is it the double seater of 32nd TFS of Soesterberg. Sh*t ,I still miss them with the big F-15's.

I follow your results here and that inspire (hope I write it good) me.

Greetings

Dutchy