As the title shows I would like to use the correct callsign for each squadron when in single mission or campaign. For example if I'm flying a VF21 F-4 the correct callsign is "Sundown" or "Linfield" for VF114 or "OldNicK" for VF111 and so on...

But I do not know how. I read topics about changing callsign but it doesn't help me to achieve my goal.

Is there a way to do this or it's impossible ?

Thank You.

As the title shows I would like to use the correct callsign for each squadron when in single mission or campaign. For example if I'm flying a VF21 F-4 the correct callsign is "Sundown" or "Linfield" for VF114 or "OldNicK" for VF111 and so on...

But I do not know how. I read topics about changing callsign but it doesn't help me to achieve my goal.

Is there a way to do this or it's impossible ?

Thank You.

It seems to me that callsigns are assigned randomly per mission, so no squadron has its own callsign anyway.

Thus I doubt that this is possible. Besides, changing callsigns might interfere with the communication with ground control.

Btw, you find the callsign list in the missiondata.cat

Thank You for your answer. Infact I've found nothing lookin around in the various folder or .ini files. But if you load a single mission, and I say "longest day II & III" callsigns are correct: Oyster for Ritchie's F-4D and Showtime for Cunningham's F-4J. So if I want to fly the first kill mission of the 17th of june '65 with an F-4B of VF21 the callsign should be Sundown... How can I do that ?

Thank You All.

Thank You for your answer. Infact I've found nothing lookin around in the various folder or .ini files. But if you load a single mission, and I say "longest day II & III" callsigns are correct: Oyster for Ritchie's F-4D and Showtime for Cunningham's F-4J. So if I want to fly the first kill mission of the 17th of june '65 with an F-4B of VF21 the callsign should be Sundown... How can I do that ?

Thank You All.

Well, first, you would have to make all the wave sounds that will depict the actions of "Sundown" flight using a simple recording utility. Next, using the .CAT Extractor utility found at this site, you must access the cat files in the Flight and Speech directories and extract thenecessary .ini, .lst, and .str files for in-game text. Then, there's a little .ini dancing to do---CALLSIGNSUS.LST, MISSIONCONTROL.INI, SPEECHSYSTEM.INI, SPEECHTEXT.STR---these files must be edited to accomodate your new type of callsign.

MISSIONCONTROL.INI---

[Callsign]

NumCallsignSet=7<-----change from 6 to 7.

CallsignPerSet=5

NumGroundCallsign=12

NumFACCallsign=1

NumTACCCallsign=1

CALLSIGNSUS.LST---

[CallsignSet007]<----paste this in with your other callsign sets.

Sundown

SPEECHTEXT.STR, on the other hand, is a far more vast and complex file which would take too much time to put in here. However, when you access it, first thing you will find after all the capital-letter identifiers is all the in-flight text regarding the name of you callsign. Add Sundown to this list, albeit you'll have to create it for every member of your flight (Sundown Leader, Sundown One, Sundown Two, etc.).

After that, hop into SPEECHSYSTEM.INI and take a look at the corresponding prefixes and suffixes for the different wave sounds regarding calllouts for different callsigns. You will have to adhere to these when you save and rename your wave sounds on order to fit them into this intricate mosaic of sounds.

Well, that's it. Arduous task, tall order, but you'll be just fiiine :biggrin:

GO GET 'EM TIGER!!!! :ok:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOkkkkkkkkkk... Thank You. I think I've understood everything :rofl: .

Yes maybe I've understand, but the hardest task is to create .wav files.

CALLSIGNSUS.LST is now ok having added the following callsigns: Sundown VF21, Old Nick VF111, Screaming Eagles VF51, Dakota VF142 and Rock River VF161. Seven sets with 5 callsigns.

MISSIONCONTROL.INI is OK.

SPEECHTEXT.STR: OK I've understood what you mean but I think I must change even Capital letter identifiers because there will be more callsigns and not only 35 leads plus 140 Flights plus 35 Groups... but 40+160+40.

SPEECHSYSTEM.INI is OK, I understand. I have to compare it with files in speech folder to be sure to save the wav files with the correct name...

But I do not know how to make a voice say "Sundown Lead".

Thank You anyway. Your answer is really useful.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOkkkkkkkkkk... Thank You. I think I've understood everything :rofl: .

Yes maybe I've understand, but the hardest task is to create .wav files.

CALLSIGNSUS.LST is now ok having added the following callsigns: Sundown VF21, Old Nick VF111, Screaming Eagles VF51, Dakota VF142 and Rock River VF161. Seven sets with 5 callsigns.

MISSIONCONTROL.INI is OK.

SPEECHTEXT.STR: OK I've understood what you mean but I think I must change even Capital letter identifiers because there will be more callsigns and not only 35 leads plus 140 Flights plus 35 Groups... but 40+160+40.

SPEECHSYSTEM.INI is OK, I understand. I have to compare it with files in speech folder to be sure to save the wav files with the correct name...

But I do not know how to make a voice say "Sundown Lead".

Thank You anyway. Your answer is really useful.

If you have speakers and an adequate sound card, you can do it using Microsoft Sound Recorder. just go into the Accesories Menu and go to Entertainment. Then, just start recording! [good luck wit that :biggrin: ]