Sign in to follow this  

Forgive me if this has been brought up already but has anyone else had the problem where thier fulcrums hit mach .9 and thats it. I check the data.ini file and seems to be fine at the mach and max speed areas in the data file.

Did you read speed in debug console or elsewhere in the game. IIRC only the debug console shows correct(TAS) speed.

BTW my Fulcrums are screaming at supersonic speeds without problem :smile:

Little confused by your post but the Mig-29S and Mig-29C I checked the speed limitations in the both of the DATA.ini and they should be fine. I dont know what debug console or IIRC means sorry.

I posted this a wile ago and should help.

I love the model of the Mig-29 by Wpnssgt and Column5 however try as I may, I could not break the sound barrier. After studying the MIG-29_DATA.ini file I found what may be a decimal point error for the fuselage drag.

The line

CD0MachTableData=1.275,1.000,0.991,46.549,48.253

Maybe should read:

CD0MachTableData=1.275,1.000,0.991,4.6549,4.253

That fixed it thanks. Sorry I couldnt find the previous post. I appriceate the help very much though.

How fast is it supposed to be able to go? I applied the fix posted above, and still I can only travel as fast as 1050km/h at about 1,5km altitude, without the drop-tank (yeah, it's curious for this plane to have a default drop-tank that isn't de-selectable in the load-out screen - if I hadn't done a barrel roll in external view, I'd never have known about it, lol :rofl: ) ...

I think Mach 2.31 should be acceptable.

gallery_279_43_93097.jpg

I posted this a wile ago and should help.

I love the model of the Mig-29 by Wpnssgt and Column5 however try as I may, I could not break the sound barrier. After studying the MIG-29_DATA.ini file I found what may be a decimal point error for the fuselage drag.

The line

CD0MachTableData=1.275,1.000,0.991,46.549,48.253

Maybe should read:

CD0MachTableData=1.275,1.000,0.991,4.6549,4.253

Actually, the original figures in the drag table may have been more accurate than you might have imagined , as evidenced by this table:

image6.gif

The problem probably lies elsewhere in the calculations.

Well, I'm still not able to go past 470 knots... :this::swoon: Any possible solution for this?

Well, I'm still not able to go past 470 knots... :this::swoon: Any possible solution for this?

While there are (unrealistic) hacks one could perform, I'm afraid that the only real solution would be a new flight model for the '29.

How is your data.ini to make your Mig-29 go over 650 knots? Maybe if I post my data.ini you can tell me how to correct it to also be able to go 650 knots?

Edited by TX3RN0BILL

How is your data.ini to make your Mig-29 go over 650 knots? Maybe if I post my data.ini you can tell me how to correct it to also be able to go 650 knots?

I'm in the process of working on something that may cure a few of your ills, and I'll upload it as soon as it's complete. :biggrin: