Sign in to follow this  
InVader

How long has everyone been waiting?

July of 2002 here. Walmart version.

Getting close to one year. Still no official update on Patch 2.

How many think this is getting to be rediculous?

ok so have you have the walmart version. Do you have the first patch? If you do, then please stop whining about patch we all are waiting a long time. And we hear this alot.

Guest Ranger332

In reletive terms we just got a patch service patch 1 was 2003-01-21 17:13:11 now compairing this to Falcon releases this is a very short time the second patch is being bata tested as we type. so just take your chill pill and wait it out. it will get here when it gets hereGood flight sims take time Great ones take even lonnger

MajorLee posted over at SimHQ, that the Beta testing is still proceeding for Patch2.

Guest Ranger332

"second patch is being bata tested as we type. "

Such a warm welcome! :lol:

I do appologize for the way my post sounded. I am more than willing to wait for a great patch. I just think the lack of any official word concerning the patch is a little messed up. Sorry, wasn't trying to rock the boat.

I'll add such words as "patch", "service pack 2" and "rediculous" to my list of "Words you never post on Biohaz". :lol:

Bad... BAD WORDS!!!! :D

In reletive terms  we just got a patch service patch 1 was 2003-01-21 17:13:11  now compairing this to Falcon releases this is a very short time the second patch is being bata tested as we type. so just take your chill pill and wait it out. it will get here when it gets hereGood flight sims take time Great ones take even lonnger

Yeah, I think I have been doing this long enough to know that, thanks. And I think I will have "my chill pill".. because if I dont, I'm liable to cuss you out for your ill-mannered response. So many rude people. You'd think, that if someone new asked a simple question, and felt the need to vent their frustration with a game, that people would be cool about it. But instead, I get a nasty response. I wasn't nasty. I didnt burn a bible in TKs name. I asked a question.

People, if you dont want to answer someone's question in a professional and helpful manner, then don't poste any response at all.

I'd have to say that I agree with Invader. Those were some pretty harsh responses. While I too am anxious and impatient with the lack of official word, it will be worth the wait I am sure. Lots of people, including myself, have been posting stuff lately about service pack 2. I just love this sim so much, I cant stand to wait to see what's in store for us!

*prays for an aircraft carrier* :lol:

Guess we have to have faith.

Sorry about the unwelcome welcome Invader. I'm sure no one meant for things to sound any way they did. You will find there are a lot of good people on these forums. I hope you are able to enjoy your stay.

S!

It is lost in that great abyss called time... along with LOMAC. But there is good news for both games, new stuff is added all the time to SF, and LOMAC gives us more screens and vids.

I havent been playing SF, but when the A-6 comes out, I will surely reinstall it. :D

Cheers,

Jay

Guest Ranger332
Such a warm welcome!  :lol:  

I do appologize for the way my post sounded. I am more than willing to wait for a great patch. I just think the lack of any official word concerning the patch is a little messed up. Sorry, wasn't trying to rock the boat.

I'll add such words as "patch", "service pack 2" and "rediculous" to my list of "Words you never post on Biohaz".  :lol:  

Bad... BAD WORDS!!!!  :D

you need to understand weve have been waiting alot longer so we hear this alot next time before felling slighted look at how long others have posted here:) some have 12x the time you have put into the game---just wait it out and then get the reward when it comes see you alot luckyer then we were we have waited alot longer.:)

Iam bata testing an addon that was started way before the first patch was done,and were still at ot these things take time,but as in the case of Falcon4 the wait proved worth the wait. So till then there are meny add ons Missions,Campaigns.Aircraft,and skins to enjoy.:)

People, if you dont want to answer someone's question in a professional and helpful manner, then don't poste any response at all.

As I read your post, your question asked if others thought the patch situation to be "rediculous"...you didn't ask for a patch update.

It seems you got your answer.

You can use the search function to find out info from previous posts.

BTW...your initial post isn't clear...are you still running the original Wal-Mart release? If so, you should update it to the "official" release version and then patch that with SP1.

Guest Sony Tuckson

and you talk about harsh replies!!!

sorry, but you come in and your first post is only to complain( don't tell you are not :wink: ), so expect us to be at least as impatient and "intolerant" (this word is a bit excessive, but I can't find a more appropriate one because English is not my mother language) you as you seemed to be to the patch release.... :roll:

Excuse me. I stated I had been waiting since July of 2002. I was also keeping track of SPF1's progress since the very first screen shots were released. I was an avid EAW player, and the fact that some of the same people who did EAW were working on SF caught my attention from the get-go. I have been waiting just as long as everyone else. The fact that I may be new on these boards means nothing and you assume too much. I bought the walmart version, and to absolute dismay, it was a pre-alpha release. I have the first patch. Do you really think I have been into SF for this long and dont know about service pack 1? Again you all assume too much. Maybe my first post was not clear, but I did ask how long everyone had been waiting because I wanted to know the general consensus about how everyone felt about that. I wasn't here for the first 1000 posts concerning it, nor did I see them before I posted.. yet I get my head bitten off and the very mention of frustration with it. Children!

I have been playing PC game since 1980 or so, when I had an original Tandy Color Computer. I do know updates take time. Someone has already sent me a private message with enough info on the patch to keep me happy for now.

Such lovely nice people here. I may just go back where I came from. I dont like to have to deal with children posting rude responses. I dealt with that enough in my Jane's NATO fighter days, and then in CFS and CFS2.

Thanks to 195th_Sith and Dagger, and whoever else felt it in their hearts to put up with my "terrible post", and try to ease the situation over.

Oh and thanks to the children who posted wrongfully. I have seen you before on other boards, and you are no different here. Kids will be kids I guess.

Guest Sony Tuckson

First thing first

never talked about your experience (I have mine too, :wink: )

What I think was wrong was the way you put it up first, nothing else

BTW, ask my childen who the children are :roll:

Anyone need dueling pistols? Police? Fire? Rescue?

rename this thread "FLAK JACKETS ONLY BEYOND THIS POINT"

S!

Guest Sony Tuckson

:angel::angel:

Oki, I was wrong to react, but wanted to clarify my point of view, no more bad talking from me :angel:

Guest Ranger332

dont get muffed if you post something here and you get response just cuse they arnt of the type you wanted to hear this is an open forum. one thing thats best for posting here is not to be thin skinned. No one is going to get 100% agreement here

I was kind of dick though. But my girl friend broke up with me about 5 minutes before I read that post...so...ya I was not happy. Sorry.

Guest Ranger332
Amen CowboyTodd!

hes one of the major mod makers he seemed to agree wit you CowboyTodd41

You will find that in most cases its how you feel at the time that setup how you respond to a posting not trying to "stur"things up but why should anyone say they are sorry? as I see it the response is directed to your posting not you. (so maybe you dident say it right or maybe you dident get your point across,but that for floww up postings) no one should take any offense unless they arew directed to them. alot of time the most heated posting get and give the best info. so no worries.

ok everyone calm now? good lets get back to having fun. :D

He,Armourdave what's the status on your Corsair?

Sorry I'm late...Welcome aboard InVader.

Impatience and frustration is pulling at everyone around most message boards. Some folks are frustrated by the long wait and missing features, while others are frustrated by liking the sim and hearing all the negative stuff...because we hear it a lot on other boards.

Anyhoo, glad to see everyone calmed down because this is a great site. :)