We haven't got original MIg-23BN add on. But look HERE!

We are talking about Mig-23BN mod there :yes:

Yeah, I found that thread about 2 minutes after posting the question. :rolleyes:

Interesting pic! The 2nd one looks like the shot out of the 4+ publication on the MiG-15 (which fortunately I have!)

I assume the LR-130 is similiar to the S-24 rocket? Not sure how well they'd fit in the inboard station, given it's placement. I was worried about the flaps hitting (if I went back too far), or the interfering with the landing gear (if I went too far inboard). Would definately fit on the outboard.

Right now, the placement is a compromise. I even experimentaly placed the SK-7 rocket rack, but it just looks funny. But it is still loadable on the loadout screen.

The loads are also a 'best guess'; I've used the FAB250 on the outer, and can load the FAB100 on the inner. I went with the 4-shot PU-55 cause it looked better. You'll note, however, the 4 UV16 set up for a CAS mission.

Other than a few little tweeks in placement, it's ready to go. We just won't have any pylons showing for the weapos to hang from.

Can you folks live with that, until somebody builds us a real BS or a pylon set?? Cockpitwise, mine's using the Russanized Skyhawk, which I don't particularlly like, but I've a nice russian gunsight tga for it!! :wink:

Let me finish off the tweeks, and if you all want it, I'll write up a detailed readme for it's install. The 'fix' will be ini's only, as I won't upload Pasko's aircraft. You'll have to make a 'new' one from the existing 15bis - very similiar to some other's I've done. (you know, copy lods etc, blah blah blah)

Once it's out to whomever wants it, they can adjust the loads to suit.

Wrench

kevin stein

Interesting pic! The 2nd one looks like the shot out of the 4+ publication on the MiG-15 (which fortunately I have!)

I assume the LR-130 is similiar to the S-24 rocket? Not sure how well they'd fit in the inboard station, given it's placement. I was worried about the flaps hitting (if I went back too far), or the interfering with the landing gear (if I went too far inboard). Would definately fit on the outboard.

Right now, the placement is a compromise. I even experimentaly placed the SK-7 rocket rack, but it just looks funny. But it is still loadable on the loadout screen.

The loads are also a 'best guess'; I've used the FAB250 on the outer, and can load the FAB100 on the inner. I went with the 4-shot PU-55 cause it looked better. You'll note, however, the 4 UV16 set up for a CAS mission.

Other than a few little tweeks in placement, it's ready to go. We just won't have any pylons showing for the weapos to hang from.

Can you folks live with that, until somebody builds us a real BS or a pylon set?? Cockpitwise, mine's using the Russanized Skyhawk, which I don't particularlly like, but I've a nice russian gunsight tga for it!! :wink:

Let me finish off the tweeks, and if you all want it, I'll write up a detailed readme for it's install. The 'fix' will be ini's only, as I won't upload Pasko's aircraft. You'll have to make a 'new' one from the existing 15bis - very similiar to some other's I've done. (you know, copy lods etc, blah blah blah)

Once it's out to whomever wants it, they can adjust the loads to suit.

Wrench

kevin stein

LR-130 was a 130mm rocket. That is all info a could find. So an RS-123 is probably closer. As for the bombs it seems that only FAB-100 was used. You know, russian aircraft generaly could carry less ordnance than their western contemporaries.

Of course, we can live without the pylons. Thank you for your excelent and timely :clapping: work.

Correction: Mig-15SB could in fact carry FAB-250. Bombload was either 4x250 or 6x100. 4 x FAB-100 + 2 x 400l DT was probably normaly used loadout.

Well, too late now! I've uploaded it, and it's awaiting confirmation/approval.

You guys know the drill...the hardpoint's already stressed for FAB500, if you wanted, so switching back to the 250 is just a simple text edit.

have fun with it!!!

Wrench

kevin stein

ps: the 17PF already exists;you can find it at AvSim in Madcaddie's More Migs Pak -- from 3 years ago!!! I wonder if it would be ok to upload the package here....Madcaddie ain't been around for some time

Once again, thank you for your work.

As for the "More migs pack", I downloadet it. it is not bad. Mostly because of the PF nose without hardpoints. But there are a few mistakes. 17PF was armed with 3x23mm not 2, or 21R was a fully capable interceptor that could also carry a recon pod, not an unarmed recon plane. Russians probably aren't fans of "Alone! Unarmed! Unafraid!".

NF3..Yes please.

Here's my wishlist;

Mid-80's.

Flyable russian side - Late model MiG-21's, Su-17's, Mig-29's, Su-27's

Heavy bombers for both sides - B-52's, Vulcans, Tu-XX's.

Carriers - US and UK.

Ruskie surface vessels.

Increase in SAMs.

Better planning maps that show the location of SAMs.

All of the suitable planes out there (F-14's, F-18's, Mirage, Seaharriers, tornados, etc, the lot)

Lots of SEAD missions.

Extra ground units.

More life on the airbases.

Make it so Mr BLT!!

Guest Saganuay82

AD is posting. Must be a cosmic event coming. :)

Hey AD!!! Good to see you again!! Hope things are good with you

On a side note, could you grant permission for Lexx_Luthor to use bits, pieces and parts from your Su-17 pit to make us new Red Air cockpits??? please????? He's done some amazing!!! stuff.

Sag: cosmic event?? it is 2012 already?? :haha:

Wrench

Kevin Stein

Vigilant: get me whatever data you can find for the 21R, and I'll update the Loadout Thread to reflect it. I must admit, I just went with whatever the loads were that Madcaddie had; I didn't do any follow-up research to confirm if it was right to start with!!!

:dntknw: m'bad!!

Wrench

kevin stein

Ok, mig-21R:

Developed in 1967 from PMF. Fuselage spine was heightened to hold aditional fuel cells(340l). Wings were strenghtened, so they could add two other hardpoints. Resulting aircraft was more or less similar to MF (that was developed from it). Differences were minor - no GŠ-23 cannon and associated anti exhaust fences, originaly on canopy periscope, bit smaller air brakes. Engine was probably same as in PFM. Outer wing hardpoints stressed for 490l DT (probably no other ordnance could be carried). Inner could accomodate UB-16 rocket pod, bomb or R-3S missile. RP-21M radar still present, so it could be used as an interceptor. Fuselage hardpoint was primarily intended for a recon pod. There were 4 different pods: "D" for daytime photowork, "R" for ELINT, "N" forn night photography and "ED" ECM pod(interesting detail: these pods had an integrated tape recorder for the pilot to record his observations). All pods also containd SPO-3R RWR that controlled chaff dispersers (2x32). Antennas for the SPO-3R were at the wingtips. RecPod controlls were mounted at the canopy frame over the gunsight, so your view forward was quite limited. And now take into account, what you can see from a "normal" 21 pit... :no:

Ok, so a pretty straight-forward ini tweek. It already has the R-3, so that's done. Just need to re-add the RP designation, and re-do the mission types

So, how does this look:

PrimaryRoles=RECON

SecondaryRoles=CAP,INTERCEPT,CAS

Then adjust the loadout ini to match. Nothing to it!!! :good:

Probably go with the centerline tank, nothing on outboard pylons - probably not wired for IRMs

Wrench

kevin stein

Hey, did the Danish Air Force use Drakken in 1979 or earlier? I remember having read something like that somewhere...

It would be a great addition to NF3!