Guest Ranger332

why wait I fly some online now when I can find ppl

Sure, I will hold up my committment to my squad. I will have cable modem in less than a month, but then again I will be at FSU, and video games may have to be put on the things to do when I'm not getting drunk and pickin up underclass bimbos list.

But I'm sure I can find an hour or so a day to play online.

Cheers,

Jay

I'll be more than happy flying SF online if it's working. I look forward to those 4 way battles in coop if it works out ok.

A mission builder being added would be a God send IMO though.

Guest Ranger332

well lets strat posting a time frame

MON-Tue are great for me right now

Guest Sony Tuckson

We are already flying it online regularly now at C6 (www.checksix-fr.com)

we go via HL, but gamespy should do the trick too...

problems are present, any and I insist, any addon prevents online flights (that's what we found, if we are wrong, please let us know...)

no new plane, no new terrain, no new weapon....

apparently only new skins are accepted....

furthermore, present multiplayers options are quite limited, but anyway it's really great fun!

those of us trying usually connect around 8pm CET (europeans.. :wink: )

Guest Ranger332

:) oh so very wrong my friend-----being a bata tester and having all the add ons and some not listed,and I play multiplayer,but heres the prob I cant host unless they have all the same add ons someone with a "plane jane" game no add ons just service pack 1 and I can join thier game.I can join almost any game but if I host I have never had some on other then Jaeger332 to enter it. Add ons dont stop others from joining your game but it makes it more selectiveas they need to match (ie terraiin,jets) sometimes when joining you may see you dont have all the aircraft of the host so entry into the game is prohibited,or the host has terraine you dont have and entry into the server is prohibited.

Good copy on the time:) will try to catch you :)

If everything is working (it's not) then the client has to have every addon aircraft the host has.

If the host has "f-4, a-4, f-104, f-100 and F-105" then the client must also have these addons. The client can also have other aircraft installed.

I've had mixed results in multiplayer, generally I've found the launcher to work best.

Cheers

p.s CET is GMT+1 right?

Guest Sony Tuckson

Hi

some good new then!!, really happy to learn we could play

Whenever I host, all clients have failure in joining.....

SO I made two install, one clean with SP1, and another for tests (at least 10 addons planes... :wink: )

As client, I can only connect with clean version, other always give a black screen and doesn't conenct (Flightsim.ex not responding..)

>Dave CET is GMT+2,summer time :wink:

Which as a multiplayer, this is a good thing. You wouldn't want to be flying stock F-4E against a modded F-22 or something. ;) I've already been there with Janes USAF and it wasn't much fun. Or the same with CFS2...flying a P-38 vs an F-15 someone added.

Although as squad based MP it will also be good if everyone on your squad has the same files.

Guest Ranger332

you cant mismatch what ever the host has your matching jet will have to

ie a F-86 wit 6 guns if you fly the F-86 you will have 6 guns too,but if you dont have the F-86 in your inventory you wont be able to enter the game

ie a F-86 wit 6 guns if you fly the F-86 you will have 6 guns too,but if you dont have the F-86 in your inventory you wont be able to enter the game

Wrong. You CAN have a different data file, but if it is different the client will use the hosts.

That means if the host has made his F-86 into a UFO then you'll all be flying UFO's, but it's better than one person having an advantage. ;)

Cheers

I do play this game online and will of course, continue to play once the 2nd patch is out. HL and GS seem to have a few guys hangin around in the evenings, even into the early mornings for those on the east coast. Its frustrating at times, and some nights seem to be better than others, but we stay with it even with all the boot-outs and CTDs because this game is a BLAST! Heres looking forward to the patch that will iron out all that! - Sledge out.

Guest Ranger332

worked on all the jets whae I did it,but that was on clean copies no additional skins. the probs were different inless you both have same data you cant lock your "cliched" as we say in F-22

"but it's better than one person having an advantage" and as stated no advantage they matched.

I was working with an idea when i first got Strike Fighters, because I thought there would be a problem with addon makers clashing with design projects (2or3 making the same plane under different projects).

What I came up with was "definative upgrades" which where essentially themed upgrade bundles. Addons added would have to pass certain levels tests so that they could be used. So that a high quality pack would be produced.

The other part of the concept was to make it themed. That way you could minimise the size of the upgrade and make it more tailored to a players interest, maybe upgrades centralised around Veitnam era, modern era, Korean era and cold war era. Maybe looking at other projects too like Yom Kippur, and the Falklands.

Anyhow the idea was that in multiplayer rather than realing of a long list of mods needed to play al the host would need do is stipulate what pack's are needed it could even be slipt into the servers title on gamespy (such as VN1, for vietnam pack 1).

If anyone likes that idea, especially the addon makers of the group, please contact me so you can have you're say and to let me know if there will be any support for this so I can do some work on it.

Guest Sony Tuckson

we all try as much as possible to avoid making double projects

as for a rating, I'm not here to judge fellow modders... :roll:

The tests are only to make sure that the addon is as authentic and ready for release as possible, so we dont have weapons on pylons that arent supposed to be there or UFO's (so far addons have been very good here). Also it was to catch weapons that have also been over modeled too. Its all about making online play with addons as simple as possible.

As for trying not to overstep someone else's project, well it will happen, and unfortunatly that means there will be 2 versions of an aircraft or weapon floating out there, meaning that it becomes twice as hard to use it online.

Another advantage is that the community would have a reference as to exactly who is working on what project, and based on those projects we could put out requests for data that normally wouldnt been seen in an addon, such as squadrons that fly with the plane, and tail numbers, which would add so much more depth to an addon.

Look at SDOE they have an on-line standard for WW2 and for WW1 the aircraft that are needed and all the terrain and add-ons are in downloads.

Might concider that for this sim.