I don't know if you know the web site SFP1 Central. It's a french web site about SFP1. His webmaster has made a software to install skin. He can install every skins.

So the skin pack must contain a specific file. There's a template with the application. So if skinner give thier future skin with this file it'll be more easy to install them !!! :) Please Misters skinner, include this file. The soft is in english and the help file too.

You can find this soft with his template for skinner here <a href="http://www.sfp1.is.dreaming.org">SFP1 Central</a>

tango

Guest Ranger332

nether worked

Guest Sony Tuckson

Just to let you know, this is a first release and needs improving

Keep happy, this small program will really be a + for all skinners!!

problem is about decals we provide with skins

For the soft to work, it needs some constants, I mean a unique folder including those decals, if anyoneof us chooses a different name or place for the foder holding decals, the installer will fail to declare those, so they won't show in game.

A lot of skiiners already create a subfolder inside the skin main folder and place all customs declas in it

If we all do this and name it the same way ("D" is often used), Tango will be able to sort out this issue and provide us with a 100% working skin installer!!

This sounds great, I personally use "D" as my decals folder name to keep the fileformatname line short (its got a 32 character limit). I am sure that we could easily come to a consenus as to what to name the folder.

Guest Sony Tuckson

indeed, for the best of it

ok guys ? What's the problem? the soft can manage the additionals decals ? Everybody use a different name of directory ? Some skinner put 3 decals and other 15 ? :shock:

ok...I've read your post...and i've already react :twisted:

I've made an update this night. Now the Version of SKInstaller is 1.0a. It manage Additionals decals. You can put them in a sub directory and you can choose the name of this subdirectory :wink: . This subdirectory can contains an infinity of decals in every formats (tga, png,...).

There a new section [decals] in the SKInstaller.ini file. It's look like this

[decals]

present = yes

directory=D

no comment... 8)

so? happy ?

Tango

NB : thx SOny to defend me :roll:

Hey Tango, impressive work, and a very much needed tool.

Could you perhaps include support for reading zip's instead of having to unzip the skin? This would speed up the process and make the tool even more worth while.

Cheers :)

yes! I can but there is a problem !!! Some times in the zip file there's only the files and some time therea directory which contain a subdirectory, which contain another subdirectory....which contain....the files !!!

so, if everybody put in the zip only his file that not a problem. but for old skins that you can find on a lot of website...

so I put 2 checkbox. One if you install a zip and another one if you install from a directory.

As you want.

tango :D

Guest Sony Tuckson
:idea: anyway, a new version managing decals in a specific folder inside the skin folder is available at the usual places :idea: