Sign in to follow this  
tango

Do you think it's easy to install skin ?

I don't know if you know the web site SFP1 Central. It's a french web site about SFP1. His webmaster has made a software to install skin. He can install every skins.

So the skin pack must contain a specific file. There's a template with the application. So if skinner give thier future skin with this file it'll be more easy to install them !!! :) Please Misters skinner, include this file. The soft is in english and the help file too.

You can find this soft with his template for skinner here <a href="http://www.sfp1.is.dreaming.org">SFP1 Central</a>

tango

Excellent site!

I couldn't find the skin installer, i looked in all the download sections but my french isnt too hot.

Anyway, it's great to see the French SFP1 community is really coming on stronger than ever.

Cheers

Guest Ranger332

couldent get the site but skinning isent that hard just follow instructions in the files,but be warned they are almost always in english

When you get to the site, go to the Skins section.

You will see the Skins Installer download listed at the bottom.

Chief

Guest Sony Tuckson

Indeed, why coming with "it's easy to install" comment?

This guy is working for the others and he gets such a negative comment (it's really not encouraging), why?

Furthermore, how many posts did we all reply to, that concerned problems with skins installation, quite a lot, no?

This small utility is in its first phase and Tango is already working on improvements (manly to manage decals,...)

see this other post , he shouldn't ave posted twice, but he was a bit too enthusiastic :wink:

http://forum.biohazcentral.com/viewtopic.php?t=2000

could those two threads be linked?

ok guys ? What's the problem? the soft can manage the additionals decals ? Everybody use a different name of directory ? Some skinner put 3 decals and other 15 ? :shock:

ok...I've read your post...and i've already react :twisted:

I've made an update this night. Now the Version of SKInstaller is 1.0a. It manage Additionals decals. You can put them in a sub directory and you can choose the name of this subdirectory :wink: . This subdirectory can contains an infinity of decals in every formats (tga, png,...).

There a new section [decals] in the SKInstaller.ini file. It's look like this

[decals]

present = yes

directory=D

no comment... 8)

so? happy ?

Tango

NB : thx SOny to defend me :roll:

Tango, easy big guy....... some of us here are very happy about this news. I know that once I test it out I'll be using it . The ability to add the decals folder is simply great especially with the ability to name that folder whatever you want.

So thank you and keep up the good work.

so if you want anothers update (to manage other files) mail me. My mail is in the help.txt in the directory where you put SKInstaller

tango

Guest Sony Tuckson

BTW I was not exactly defending you

I was defending a project I think has great value and many could profit from :wink:

Guest Sony Tuckson

Just dropping in :wink: , to let you know an update already exists and is avbl for download (this one manages decals as long as those are in a subfolder inside the main skin folder)

http://www.checksix-fr.com

then in main menu, on the left choose S.F.Project 1, then @téléchargements, the installer is installateur de skins (SKInstaller.exe)

:idea: Please all skinners give us some feed back, hope you all will agree to add this INI file to your skin to allow people using this nice little utility :idea:

As said, a version taking care of zip will be developped and work nicely as far as the only folder found in the relative path is the one holding the textures and the decals subfolder.

I mean by this, a zip that doesn't contain a full path like strike fightersobjectsaircraftF-4Bvmfa111........ as this being rather uncommon, it would greatly perturb the product :wink: