Official Desert Storm Annoucement

8 new aircraft:

B-52G wpnssgt via the Mirage Factory

F-117 by Marcelo

Buccaneer and PR.9 by Russo

RF-4C Mirage Factory,

OV-1D by Mustang60348

2 more to be named later.....

- An improved terrain with well over 100 target areas and counting. Firebases, arty sites, storage areas, tent cities, the works.

- A whole new menu system

- Single missions based on some of the most memorable ones of the conflict.

- A massive campaign with 4 ENTIRE carrier air wings skinned, over 36 USAF units, Saudi, British, Kuwaiti forces will fly. Our good friends in Canada will be on station with the Desert Cats. We will push the campaign as far as we can until it breaks....hehe. You don't want to know how much money Hrntfixer and I have spent on decals.....thank god I have an understanding wife.

- Another campaign featuring the lesser know stars of the show, ie OV-10A/D, the OV-1D and some recce assets.

Our campaign is going to have a twist though, the Iraqi Air Force isn't going to be a push over.....they are going to bite back. That way no one complains the campaign is not aggressive enough. But then again the AAA and SAM's alone will be enough to keep you busy.

There will be no Iraqi side of the campaign made, don't care to do it, they are the bad guys and I treat them as such.

We do not have a time frame set on when this will be out. We are shooting for mid August but we will not make any date firm. It will be out when we are done. Bugging us will get you know where. Updates, screenies etc will come when we have time. Any of this can change at our discretion or due to real world commitments.

Wow! So it's official! MF's working on a RF-4? If there's anything I can help with, give me a shout. :biggrin:

And on the Iraqi Air Force, how are you going to make them better?

This is going to be a big addition... up there with OTC and KAW. :clapping: And if I can help, again, give me a shout.

And on the Iraqi Air Force, how are you going to make them better?

They are going to actually fly and fight and not run. This will be bigger than OTC. Can't touch this.

"2 more to be named later....."

I can only hope that 2 will be:

Mirage 2000C

and

F-16C Blk 25

:smile:

Mirage 2000C

and

F-16C Blk 25

Negative......but would be nice surprises if done.

Mirage 2000C

and

F-16C Blk 25

My guess is a F4D Skyray and a Cessna 182

C-5 Gunship???

Oh wait wrong thread......

(where's my wingman thread at?)

An F-117? I might actually have a reason to fly bombing missions now. Ah'm puttin' mah han's on the monitor an' ah kin *feeeeel* the powah an' the glory!

hehe generally that spook talk( neither confirm nor deny etc etc.) means yes :biggrin:

Two other aircraft, hrm F-14D and F/A-18C? But I count only 8 including the two mystery aircraft, perhaps a deep black project, or just a miscount like they'd want us to believe :secret:

Maybe with the momentum from a modern campaign, the group would be interested in those campaigns and theaters we talked about a while back?

hehe generally that spook talk( neither confirm nor deny etc etc.) means yes :biggrin:

Two other aircraft, hrm F-14D and F/A-18C? But I count only 8 including the two mystery aircraft, perhaps a deep black project, or just a miscount like they'd want us to believe :secret:

Maybe with the momentum from a modern campaign, the group would be interested in those campaigns and theaters we talked about a while back?

It was a miscount. After this I am going back to the Korean Campaign.

Guess what I can smell the french Jaguar A

Well we can always increase the new plane count however that depends on the 3d guys. These are the ones we know for sure we can add. The other 2 we have not been given the authorization to announce.

I am just guessing. BTW, My Mirage F1CR might be ready at the time of the release.

I am just guessing. BTW, My Mirage F1CR might be ready at the time of the release.

Would be a most welcome addition.

Denial is such a cruel affliction...

Now USAFMTL "thinks" he's working on a DS mod.

... sad...sad little man.

:tongue:

God Zur....please don't get him started again....

hey Dave,

i´ve got a A-6E skin of VA-24 in work.

i think this is a good reason to finish it...

will post a screen this evening... ;)

Wow, that sounds truly impressive.

- An improved terrain with well over 100 target areas and counting. Firebases, arty sites, storage areas, tent cities, the works.

But I have a question related to the terrain. Will it run on WOV?

My guess is a F4D Skyray and a Cessna 182

Well Paul, I was "serious" about "mine" 2 plane guess...

as for F4D Skyray, I have Pasko's for year or so(stalled project)....still needs some decent skinning, but it's not bad in present state. Marc -as I recall- have one in works too...

BTW - Mirage2000C(early modells like S1,S2 and maybe S3) and F-16CBlk25 can be done very accurate with present avionics, later versions can't(colour MFD's). :) And, go to the Desert Storm without Blk25, it's like you go out in the rain without umbrella.

Cheers!!! Looking forward to this !!!

Edited by starfighter2

There will be no Iraqi side of the campaign made, don't care to do it, they are the bad guys and I treat them as such.

I am sorry, but I do not understand right sence of that sentence :blush:

It means, that no Mig campaign will be included into this great Desert Storm project? :sorry:

Hi guys!!. I´ve just readed this post and I really get mad!. Such amount of hard work and patience totally for free!. Thanks a lot to everybody involved in this mod (It seems to be the ULTIMATE campaign) . Really, its amazing your generosity! :clapping::clapping:

(sorry my poor english)

Bye!!

Guest Saganuay82
I am sorry, but I do not understand right sence of that sentence :blush:

It means, that no Mig campaign will be included into this great Desert Storm project? :sorry:

I would take that to mean you will be only able to fly Coalition Force aircraft only. Quite sure of it.

The whole guessing game looks exactly like the times leading up to a new TK patch doesn't it Dave?

No.... TK is lost in verdun :biggrin: I think we have to send some SAR.

Guys, what about AD's Tornado for this mod ?

Edited by kreelin

"Hi guys!!. I´ve just readed this post and I really get mad!. Such amount of hard work and patience totally for free!. "

Not so fast nowhere have i seen the word free.You never know these days. ;) with the effort that is going into this I would not begrudge anyone for wanting a little compensation.