Sign in to follow this  
navychief

A question about the forthcoming Patch 2.

I probably know the answer to this already, but I have to ask it.

When Patch 2 does get released, will it update my existing SFP1 with all the addons I have made?

Or will I have to uninstall everything and start over?

Just curious. I am hoping I don't have to reinstall everything.

Chief W.

Guest Ranger332

well if you use the last one as a referance then ya gota start from scratch---,but hopfuly we wont have to,maybe this time they will take into consideration,but it is easyer on them to have us go to a clean game then for them to have all the add ons included. That inturn may mean a longer wait till we get the second service patch. So its a juggling act eather way

Yes, but the other sims are'nt "mod friendly" like this one is.

I had to do a uninstall and then a clean install of the sim, because the patch did not recognize all the mod files.

Whatever the case, I can handle it. Bring on the patch!

Chief

Well, you are right ;). The other games aren't mod friendly.

I don't mind either. I haven't changed that much. I can copy all the new planes just over together with the particlesystem.ini and the viewlist.ini. Then i change all the LOD distances for the planes and buildings and add the nose gear animations. That's it ;). Will take me 30 minutes.

Guest Ranger332

just copy your aircraft or objects file (depending on if you use disc or cd)

and after the update is in place you old files in and replace the "cleane ones"

The problem is that the aircraft data.inis will be changed in the patch. When you copy ll the old aircraft stuff over, you will have the roll inertia bug again i think. That would be a boomerang ;). I also thing that some terrain related stuff will be changes, in order to get rid of those blue triangles and general grafic glitches. I could copy the old inis of all the buildings over the clean ones. That wouldn't be a problem i guess. You can also copy the aircraft files over with the exception of the plane.ini and data.ini. I will then add the nose gear animation part by hand ( i haven't found the difference to te default nose gear entry, so i copied the whole entry over the default one), add the presaved entries for the skins into the plane.ini and change the LOD distances.

Guest Ranger332

you just select as you replace the "clean files" if its one you dont want changed just hit no takes a lil longer but you get the effect you want

The problem is that the aircraft data.inis will be changed in the patch. When you copy ll the old aircraft stuff over, you will have the roll inertia bug again i think. That would be a boomerang ;).

I think that the roll inertia bug is more a function of changes that SP1 made to the flight engine, rather than the ini files, but I could be worng. ;)

I hope so. If you are right, then i could simply copy the whole object folder over the fresh and patched install.

don't forget your sound ini..if you run propls gotta save it also.