Sign in to follow this  
navychief

A question about views in WOV.....

Hi Folks.

I haven't posted here for a while, but have a question about the different views available in the SF/WOE/WOV series.

First off, I fly FS2004 almost exclusively. Haven't flown the Third Wire sims in a while. But I reloaded WOV a few days ago, and am trying to figure out something.

In FS2004, I am able to select an outside view of the aircraft, and pan around it while the aircraft is flying, etc...

Is there a comparable option in the Third Wire sims? Every time I select a outside view of the aircraft, and pan with my mouse.....it reverts back to a view from the rear of the aircraft within a couple seconds, if I don't keep my mouse moving. Most annoying.

Please give me some more information, if you can!

Thanks.

Pete Ward, aka....Navy Chief

Silly boy, that sounds like the stock "shoulderview". It shows a view from behind the plane and you can pan, but then it reverts back to the forward from rear view.

The default next object view ( f6 ) is what you want.

There is a mod for the shoulderview that puts the camera just above & behind the cockpit and looking to the rear (checksix). This mod then leaves the camera facing the direction you turn it to. Pressing "next object" whilst in checksix then switches to next a/c. Do a search at simhq for how-to + some editted ini's.

Also there is probably a manual on your CD & Thirdwire have a manual you can download or just look at.

Edited by csb

Guest Saganuay82

Yeah Chief, you are using F5 which is supposed to be over the shoulder view. It doesn't work right. Use F6 and you will be outside of the plane looking at it. You can pan around then with your mouse.

Yeah Chief, you are using F5 which is supposed to be over the shoulder view. It doesn't work right. Use F6 and you will be outside of the plane looking at it. You can pan around then with your mouse.

Thanks for the quick replies! I used to fly SFP1 a lot, when it first came out. But the problems with MP got old. I hear things are better with MP, but have not tried it myself.

NC

Guest Saganuay82

Ready Aye Ready

MP works, it's just limited in scope.