Sign in to follow this  
obuchonr

Targets not showing up in WOE

Unable to see ground targets while playing some campaigns////// Red swarm, Libya Warlord. Not sure if problem with terrain, Korea, Libya.

Can anyone help?

could you be a little more specific.....

as in, "I'm not seeing them visually" or

"the little buggers ain't showing up at all!!"

Wrench

kevin stein

could you be a little more specific.....

as in, "I'm not seeing them visually" or

"the little buggers ain't showing up at all!!"

Wrench

kevin stein

Target box is there, but no target is visable, (Fuel Tank, ammo bunker, HeadQuarters building)

Hope that helps

Guest Saganuay82

Sounds like a .cat file problem.

Open your "terrain".ini and see if it says

CatFile=..\Desert\Desert.cat <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<SFP1 based game

or

CatFile=..\GermanyCE\GermanyCE.cat<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< WOE based game

That would have been my next questions....what's the cat pointer. If you start on the ground, you'd notice it immeadetely, as you wouldn't have an airfield around you!

Lybia would require the desert.cat OR the use of alternate terrain tiles for WoV or WoE as well. With of course, the adjusted cat pointer that Sag mentions above.

Which game are you using, that would help determine which stock terrain cat you'd need to point too....always helps to know for next time

Wrench'

kevin stein

That would have been my next questions....what's the cat pointer. If you start on the ground, you'd notice it immeadetely, as you wouldn't have an airfield around you!

Lybia would require the desert.cat OR the use of alternate terrain tiles for WoV or WoE as well. With of course, the adjusted cat pointer that Sag mentions above.

Which game are you using, that would help determine which stock terrain cat you'd need to point too....always helps to know for next time

Wrench'

kevin stein

Thanks for responding Guys:

I am using WOE, with the Libya and Korea terrains. The GermanyCE.cat files (renamed respectivly) are in folders. I am playing the LibyaWarlord and Operation RedWolf campaigns.

Guest Saganuay82

You don't have to rename them.

You don't have to rename them.

Thank you for your info, however the problem remains in the Libya terrain. ????

Guest Saganuay82

[Terrain]

TerrainFullName=Libya

DataFile=Libya_data.INI

TargetFile=Libya_targets.INI

TargetTypeFile=Libya_types.INI

MovementFile=Libya_movement.INI

NationsFile=Libya_nations.INI

BriefingText=Libya_briefing.INI

DogfightFile=Libya_dogfight.INI

DogfightOnly=FALSE

CatFile=..\Desert\Desert.cat or GermanyCE.cat for WOE

[Terrain]

TerrainFullName=Libya

DataFile=Libya_data.INI

DogfightOnly=FALSE

CatFile=..\Desert\Desert.cat or GermanyCE.cat for WOE

Where do I look for this info?

Guest Saganuay82

The Libya.ini

I am playing the LibyaWarlord and Operation RedWolf campaigns.

Sorry for going offtopic, but where can I get these campaigns?

The Libya.ini

Libya.ini file is ok. Hate to keep bugging you, can you make any other suggestions? (that I'm phyiscaly able of doing)

Guest Saganuay82

Nope , I'm out.

Nope , I'm out.

Thanks for trying.

What exactly isn't working in Lybia???? no terrain? no targets?? Don't forget, Lybia will also need desert terrain tiles (since you can't use the desert.cat without SF) Can you take and post a screenshot of the problem???

I'd reccomend Deuces desert replacement tiles (they should be either here or at SFMods.com - his site). They're enhanced versions of the 'stock' tiles. And the water effects will need adding, too. That fix is here at CA.

Just to let you know, Lybia is also one of the terrains wherein you'll find things sorta 'misplaced'....they'll be lots of building out in the Gulf of Sidra, along with various AAA and SAMs too (they like to swim!!)

I'm not sure, have to check, but I know I did an upgrade in moving objects 'back' onto the coast or at least inland enough to be out of the water. This is for modern Lybia, not the WW2 stand-in I did a coupla years back.

Wrench

kevin stein

img00015.zipimg00015.zip

What exactly isn't working in Lybia???? no terrain? no targets?? Don't forget, Lybia will also need desert terrain tiles (since you can't use the desert.cat without SF) Can you take and post a screenshot of the problem???

I'd reccomend Deuces desert replacement tiles (they should be either here or at SFMods.com - his site). They're enhanced versions of the 'stock' tiles. And the water effects will need adding, too. That fix is here at CA.

Just to let you know, Lybia is also one of the terrains wherein you'll find things sorta 'misplaced'....they'll be lots of building out in the Gulf of Sidra, along with various AAA and SAMs too (they like to swim!!)

I'm not sure, have to check, but I know I did an upgrade in moving objects 'back' onto the coast or at least inland enough to be out of the water. This is for modern Lybia, not the WW2 stand-in I did a coupla years back.

Wrench

kevin stein

Kevin:

no targets

I want to thank you and Saganuay82 for assisting me with this problem. I am attempting to upload a screen shot of the problem. Anyway I've tried all that you suggested with no resolution of problem,img00015.zip no target. It's that I hate not to be able to resolve a problem, not that it's going to kill me If I can't.

Thanks again for your time

obuchonr

Irvine, Ca.

Guest Saganuay82

One last, what are your graphic settings set to? By the looks of your screenshot, your game settings are Easy? whats graphics at?

Ok, I see what happening...this is definatley a cat pointer problem. Can you do a copy/paste of you Lybia ini, just the top sections like Sag posted??

Somewhere, it's a simple line that's not pointing to the GermanyCE.cat. that's all it can be, due to the lack of 'stock objects' showing up

Wrench

kevin stein

btw, just to let everyone know, in what little spare time I have, I'm reworking the modern Lybia targets ini to straighten out the misplaced objects. Should have it ready in a few weeks....

Ok, I see what happening...this is definatley a cat pointer problem. Can you do a copy/paste of you Lybia ini, just the top sections like Sag posted??

Somewhere, it's a simple line that's not pointing to the GermanyCE.cat. that's all it can be, due to the lack of 'stock objects' showing up

Wrench

kevin stein

btw, just to let everyone know, in what little spare time I have, I'm reworking the modern Lybia targets ini to straighten out the misplaced objects. Should have it ready in a few weeks....

[Terrain]

TerrainFullName=Libya

DataFile=Libya_data.INI

DogfightOnly=FALSE

One last, what are your graphic settings set to? By the looks of your screenshot, your game settings are Easy? whats graphics at?

EASY

Guest Saganuay82

No, graphics can't be at easy. They have to be High Medium or Low.

Sorry:

Medium

Wrench

kevin stein

Kevin:

I just figured out what the problem is CatFile=..\GermanyCE\GermanyCE.cat was not in the Libya.ini file.

Sag: Just fix problem CatFile=..\GermanyCE\GermanyCE.cat was not in Libya.ini file.

Thanks for your help