Sign in to follow this  
Erik

How the heck did you come up with that?

The grumpapotamus came about from my teenage days. One of my friends was in a foul mood during a trip, and being rather large and unkept, we called him grumpapotamus. Now much later, looking for an unusual e-mail name and general handle, it seems to fit. I am rather Jovial and can handle a good joke at my expense, but I am not that grumpy. Also I seem to be becoming hippo like, since I quit my cycling career.

(at least it is better than my brothers e-mail name- popelfresser! anyone who speaks german will know why!)

Zurawski?

Well is apparently started a long time ago in the city of Krakow Poland... some Cossack seeded some farm peasant and the lineage of "Zurawski" was born... But I digress. :biggrin:

Hell, I choose my last name because: 1.) I can remember it even in a drunken stupor 2.) Unless your reading a soccer (Football for you Europeans) forum... I'm like 99.9% guaranteed that no one else is using the name 3.) My nick in high school was "zoo"... which just doesn't emote any sense of authority.

Thus Zurawski and the now infamous Zur-TECH.com was born!

Nothing fancy about my name.

Its just Mannie and then the first letter of my family name.

I'm thinking of droping it, it bugs me. :biggrin:

sry

Triplethr3at is a basketball term

You can either shoot drible or pass. I like it cuss you never know wht Im gonna do in the air kinda like gurading me in basket ball. The 3 is just there because triplethreat was taken on AOL Instant Messanger

2.) Unless your reading a soccer (Football for you Europeans) forum... I'm like 99.9% guaranteed that no one else is using the name 3.) My nick in high school was "zoo"... which just doesn't emote any sense of authority.

Thus Zurawski and the now infamous Zur-TECH.com was born!

Don't be so sure! Mine is Zurawiecki. :wink:

Don't be so sure! Mine is Zurawiecki. :wink:

If you intend to use Z-u-r-a-w-s-k-i when your name is Z-u-r-a-w-i-e-c-k-i

We really need to sit down and discuss why us Poles are steriotyped... :blink:

LOL! :biggrin:

Edited by Zurawski

And why is that they always used to call me "Stary"? Hence -CA_Stary. Was it part of my surname, or was it that they always talked that i look older than i actually was... (reall I do)

(i know, it's funny joke only for us Poles, right Zurawski and Zurawiecki? :biggrin: )

And CA does not stand for California. It stands for Combat Ace :good:

(and heh i live in Krakow, among other places)

Edited by CA_Stary
  • Dislike 4

I think my grandfather was born in Warsaw, but I don't really know too much about my father's parents because they both died over 20 years ago, and the one who lived longer was in bad shape the last 5 or so years she was alive and unable to have a conversation. All I know is they had no accent, but my father's grandmother did.

I think my grandfather was born in Warsaw, but I don't really know too much about my father's parents because they both died over 20 years ago, and the one who lived longer was in bad shape the last 5 or so years she was alive and unable to have a conversation. All I know is they had no accent, but my father's grandmother did.

Eh, I had to do a complete (as complete as I could) genealogy for a high school assignment... and I ended up going a little overboard. Paid some cash to one of those family tree websites so they could go and rifle through Ellis Island records and trace my parents parents back to Poland... :biggrin:

In the end all I really learned was that the Zurawski crest is a stork (now that's intimidating eh?) that in the translation of Zurawski it either references "stork" like the crest... or a chimney sweep (Yet another formidable icon...)

My grandparents had very broken english... but by'en large my parents spoke with little if any accents.

Edited by Zurawski

but by'en large my parents spoke with little if any accents.

oh, I bet that they did - American accents :tomato:

I actually was given Nightshade while flying the Novalogic F-22 series. My best friend coined it after seeing the flowers in my backyard and finding out they were deceptively deadly. He said it fit my personality when I flew in the game. The 01 is because my daughter (12) is learning to be a virtual pilot, and flies as Nightshade02. :biggrin:

About 5 years ago during my CFS2 days, I was in the "Zone" (kinda like Hyperlobby but for CFS), had just got home from work and was looking at all the cool names out there, wanted something catchy and was working Nightshift at the time and hence "Nightshifter" was born :)

LOL!

Right you are...

Kind of amazing how quickly this forum (or any forum for that matter) becomes "comfortable" and we forget we are carrying on conversations with people across the world...

:clapping:

... speaking of comfortable those kilts have some serious comfort points. :blink:

... speaking of comfortable those kilts have some serious comfort points. :blink:

Yeah... right up to the point where ya catch a chilly draft around ones wee dinky. :biggrin:

Zuraw is Polish for stork or crane, and the other part is a slavic-derived part meaning "son of."

The only thing I wonder is if our names are actually the same. If you hear mine said in Polish, it doesn't sound exactly like it's spelled. I'm guessing yours is the same, and it's not outside the realm of possibility that it's simply the same name (pronounced the same) that's been spelled differently by the Ellis people. :grin:

My name came together when I was looking for a nick change which I had previously been using in FPS, and as luck would have it, I was given the nickname "Bill" when I got into university also by a freshman, because I knew a bit more than the average guy, about computers (in reference to Bill Gates) . But since Bill sounded so hill-billy to me, I searched for a form to make it sound better and learned about what had happened in Chernobyl (Ukraine) , and knowing that the cyrillic alphabet uses some numbers as well, I thought it was only fitting to "1337-erize" the name and hence, TX3RN0BILL was born.

And I thought you were from Texas and you dated 3 Nurses....that kept screaming NO BILL! Go figure.

Cheers~

Mine came straight out of another flight sim. I used to have Secret Weapons Over Normandy for PlayStation2. When I got CFS3 I needed a name so I chose the squadron name from Secret Weapons, BattleHawk. Unfortunatly, I biffed the signup for this forum by deleting the signup email, so I made another one as a tribute to the USMC (Even though I'm from Canuckistan :biggrin: )

Edited by Hooah!

For those of you who know of Homestar Runner, I am named after one of the cartoons. In this cartoon, Homestar is insulted by another character's suggestion that he doesn't wear pants. Homestar flies into a hysterical tirade claiming that he wears "Long pants! the longest pants! long long long long long long pants!"

I was not aware that my countrymen and I had such a thing. :blink: What does it sound like?

Talk to your neighbors. That's what it sounds like. :grin:

I'm new here so you won't care a great deal, but I'm gonna tell you anyway =)

I was one of the founding members of the 185th Reservoir Dogs VFS, and got to fly with some of the people responsible for F4:AF back in the day. I left years ago, but hey I'm proud! :P 

In high school history class (in the 80s, yeesh, I'm getting old...) we were learning something about Native Americans (don't remember what) and some girl made a comment about their "weird" names. (this was before Dances With Wolves came out) As you'd expect, people started blurting out goofy made-up names & that's what I came up with. My grandmother was 100% Lakota, making me 1/4 NA, so I can get away with it without being too offensive. LOL