Sign in to follow this  
Dagger

Drag chutes....and flares,a question on these.

I see it listed as Ctrl-B to release drag chute..so which planes use them? and flares which planes have these?

Hi Dagger, according to the manual on page 35 under defensive avionics, the "Decoy Dispenser" is only available on the F-4E Phantom II in later scenarios. It apparently has both flares and chaff.

I cannot find anything on the drag chute other than the key command to deploy it. Nothing about what aircraft have it, what max. speed for deploying it, nothing. I do know from past reading and photos that the

F-4E and the F-104 starfighter had them. Dont know about the other aircraft.

Perhaps a test landing in each aircraft, get below 100 knots and attempt a deployment...

I have yet to see a drag chute, and I know that the real F-4 could carry flares.

A bit of an old topic, however I still have no luck deploying a dragchute. I know the F-105 had one but so far no drag chute deploys when I land. I have read in another topic (that I cannot find anymore) that you have to pop out the airbrake and then hit Ctrl B, but as I said. nothing happens. Does somebody know how it works? :help:

Drag chutes must be built into the 3D model's file (*.lod file). Only a couple of models presently have drag chutes incorporated into their .lod files, and both are 3rd-party add-ons (I may be mistaken, but I believe the Mirage Factory's MiG-23 family is one of them).

Unfortunately, the drag chute feature itself, is as of yet, not fully implemented.

Drag chutes must be built into the 3D model's file (*.lod file). Only a couple of models presently have drag chutes incorporated into their .lod files, and both are 3rd-party add-ons (I may be mistaken, but I believe the Mirage Factory's MiG-23 family is one of them).

Unfortunately, the drag chute feature itself, is as of yet, not fully implemented.

Thanks Fubar512, that was a quick response. Does that mean that it only works when built in the .lod file, or that the feature does not work at all yet?

Thanks Fubar512, that was a quick response. Does that mean that it only works when built in the .lod file, or that the feature does not work at all yet?

I've seen ingame screenies of the aforementioned model with drag chutes deployed, but this was some time ago. I believe that someone tried to get them to work recently, using the drag-chute key, and it didn't work. But there's always the animation keys.... :biggrin:

IIRC the MiG-25 package uses drage chutes in conjunction with the speed brake key when on the ground

I've seen ingame screenies of the aforementioned model with drag chutes deployed, but this was some time ago. I believe that someone tried to get them to work recently, using the drag-chute key, and it didn't work. But there's always the animation keys.... :biggrin:

hmmm don't know if I understand this. I have seen the animation keys in the Options 'control' section, but left them unassigned as I do not know where they are for or how to use them. Would it be too much to ask to explain these keys or perhaps tell me where I can find out in this forum or elsewhere? :please:

Thanks Fubar512

Edited by LeadZeppelin

In theory, they're supposed to control an animated function such as cockpit, wing folding, aressting gear, bombay etc... aren't they? It's not incorporated into the game though... is it? Sorry, I was trying to help :tongue: