Sign in to follow this  

If any one is looking for an online fight, I plan on being in Hyperlobby tonight between 6:00 and 10:00 Central time, Wings Over Vietnam.

I no this is not the topic for it and I know this has been gone over about 100 times, but i have never be able to get online play to work!

In order to have online play work, you must all have the exact same copy of WOV running, so if anyone has any sort of mod, everyone must have the mod. For online play (at least as far as playing online this evening) I use and would recomend a seperate install of WOV with nothing but the lastest patch for Thirdwire on it. I have a clean and patched copy of WOV and then I have WOE with all of the WOV aircraft added to it for modded single player.

In order to have online play work, you must all have the exact same copy of WOV running, so if anyone has any sort of mod, everyone must have the mod. For online play (at least as far as playing online this evening) I use and would recomend a seperate install of WOV with nothing but the lastest patch for Thirdwire on it. I have a clean and patched copy of WOV and then I have WOE with all of the WOV aircraft added to it for modded single player.

I understand the part about the same unmodded gamed, i meant i have have be able to get hyperlobby to work!

Forget Hyperlobby... use it as a means to meet people.

Once you decide to fly, use Hamachi.

It gets rid of most of the headaches people encounter trying to host/join this sim via Hyperlobby.

I have hosted on Hyperlobby for years and know how to solve most of the problems.

All of a sudden no one can join my host via Hyperlobby anymore.

Yet, people can see and join my host via Hamachi without even worrying about the IP address just by starting the game and using its built-in multiplayer LAN interface.

Forget Hyperlobby... use it as a means to meet people.

Once you decide to fly, use Hamachi.

It gets rid of most of the headaches people encounter trying to host/join this sim via Hyperlobby.

I have hosted on Hyperlobby for years and know how to solve most of the problems.

All of a sudden no one can join my host via Hyperlobby anymore.

Yet, people can see and join my host via Hamachi without even worrying about the IP address just by starting the game and using its built-in multiplayer LAN interface.

Could you add a link to this software, it sounds like it could be the way to go!

It is easily found on google or wikipedia, but here is a link to their download page.

While there is a pay version, the freeware license is adequate for our purposes.

The pay version is a monthly service fee and is really only beneficial if everyone involved subscribes.

http://www.hamachi.cc/download/list.php

Edited by streakeagle

I just down loaded Hamachi, How do you find network and pass words to join would love to participate.

One of the people who is going to play creates a network and gives it a password.

For instance, I have a network named streakserver1 whose password is streakserver1

Anyone can join and use this network at any time whether I am online or not.

However, the free version only allows 16 clients.

So, the owner of the network must periodically "evict" people who are offline to make room for people who want to play.

If I forget to flush out the network, newbies can't log in because others have already used up the 16 slots available.

If I opted to pay them $4.50 a month, I could have up to 256 other pay for clients, but can still only host 16 free clients.

So, to me, there is no advantage to subscribing unless there is a very large group and everyone in it is willing to pay.

Since the game only allows 16 people to fly at one time, I really see no need for a subscription.

Everyone can meet through Hyperlobby, the forums, an instant messenger, or email and agree on when to play and what the network name and password will be for that session.

Hyperlobby has provent to be a good place to meet since you not only find the people you are looking for, but may meet some newbies looking for action as well.

Of course, getting someone new to play means making sure they have an install that matches everyone else and getting them acquainted with any other software involved such as Teamspeak and Hamachi.

Where the system always fails is getting everyone to be online at the same time.

Presently, I am lucky if I can make 1 hour every night from 10 pm to 11 pm EST.

During that time, I am lucky if I can find 1 person to fly with.

When I used to hang out every night from 8 pm to 11 pm, I frequently hosted dogfights with 4 to 8 people.

I always hoped that I would one day see 16 people in a co-op mission, which would really bring out the full potential of Thirdwire sims online MP, but it never happened.

It looks like there is a sudden interest in MP again... maybe this time?

I got a chance to fly with TexAg02, God, and Doghouse last night.

It was a lot of fun, though I didn't get to fly long since my wife called me away to put away laundry and go to bed.

Hopefully, more people will start showing up.

I really want to see an 8 vs 8 co-op.

I think it would be awesome.

It was a lot of fun, though I didn't get to fly long since my wife called me away to put away laundry and go to bed.

I know the feeling, my wife is pregnant. It was a lot of fun, I'm going to try to check in on Hamachi and HL as many nights as possible.