Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ranger332

Correction to bad info put out at Simhq

Guest Ranger332
"USAFMTL  

Member # 5503  

posted 05-28-2003 22:56                        

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is an update to the F-86 of the 336th FIS. DanW hooked me up with the stripes so I can complete it. Thanks Dan. I also redid my camo F-86. SOme ANG units painted thier planes think they were heading to SEA. But none were deployed."

this is very incorrect On May 3, 1968, the first of four Air Guard fighter squadrons began arriving in Vietnam with their F-100s. In addition, 85 percent of the 355th Tactical Fighter Squadron -- on paper a regular Air Force unit -- were Air Guardsmen. The Air Guard units were quickly integrated into Air Force combat operations and performed well.

for more info on ANG call ups

http://www.ang.af.mil/history/CallUps.asp

Scan33.jpg

Scan71.jpg

http://www.ang.af.mil/history/fotohist/pindexd.htm

Guest Ranger332

i sappose when I tried to get a loggon it stated the e-mail was banned and when I tried to find out why they wouldent respond so I post it here.

Ranger,

USAFMTL specifically talk about the F-86 in his post. Maybe he meant that no Guard F-86:s were deployed?

You can't register at the SimHQ boards with a free email adress (hotmail, yahoo etc.). If you already registred with a free email before this policy was in effect you should be able to post...

What is your nickname at SimHQ, if you have one?

Ranger,

USAFMTL specifically talk about the F-86 in his post. Maybe he meant that no Guard F-86:s were deployed?

If I remember correctly, the discussion was about Alaskan ANG units. Which were equipped with F-86s.

Guest Ranger332

He had made the statement before and also mistated the colors on Nam craft he had the brown to brown Nam had more red in it as far as the dirt went

No ANG F-86's were deployed to Vietnam. That was what I was saying in my post. So get off my ass Ranger. As far as the colors go after seeing some of your repaints you don't have any room to talk.

I just saw this thread, otherwise I would have commented earlier.

"I also redid my camo F-86. SOme ANG units painted thier planes think they were heading to SEA. But none were deployed."

Ranger, I don't see the issue. The way I read USAFMTL's post, he states there were no ANG F-86's deployed in Nam.

What I don't want to see is arguments from other sites spilling over to Biohaz. If you have an issue with USAFMTL or his info, take it up with him privately, not in a public forum here. As far as I'm concerned, USAFMTL has done nothing but help this community with quality skins. Repeatedly critisizing his work based on wether there is too much red in his earthtone camo scheme seems a might petty, and tells me there is other issues that need to be dealt with between you two.

This thread is now locked as nothing constructive is going to come from this. :roll: