Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Thoughts On Barry Bonds Breaking HR Record

So when he does, will you care?

No,to me the man is a cheater.If he had come clean years ago maybe I could have forgiven him but to me the way he hid the facts and used legal trickery to keep from being caught he is just a low life cheater.The guy has so much tallent but it will always be tainted because you just never know how much was real and how much was created through chemicals.

I agree.I don't care how many he hits,Hammering Hank will always be the man.

I wonder if MLB will make a big deal about it?

There should be an asterisk by the steroid users' names in the record books.

That I agree with.

Will I care, not in the least bit.

I am just curious how MLB is going to handle it. Will there be a celebration or is it going to just go by with little fan fare?

I know very little about baseball, but with all the steroid use/talk, the Home Run record appears to have become a very hollow marker, which is great shame for all those that play by the rules. Bonds and his ilk should be ashamed of themselves................. and hopefully, later in life, they will be.

That's been the opinion of many guests and callers on Jim Rome's radio show. That the Commissioner and Hank Aaron have said the won't be in attendance when that "event" happens says volumes.

You guys are too Niave to think that Hank wasn't doin a little steroids back in the day. Give Bonds a break.

Bonds has a long history of being a jagoff. You reap what you sow. AFAIC he can ESAD! :rolleyes:

He will do it in San Fran, and everyone there will go nuts and problably riot the town. We can only wait and see what MLB will do, but when fans and players think of Bonds and his HR record 10+ years from now, the first thing that will come to mind is steroids.

Thank you Steroids Era!

You guys are too Niave to think that Hank wasn't doin a little steroids back in the day. Give Bonds a break.

I seriously doubt Hank was doing steroids. Even if he was, it isn't Hank who is under the microscope, its Bonds. Its Bond's record that is tarnished and will be questioned. Hank's never will be.

Guest 531_Ghost
No,to me the man is a cheater.If he had come clean years ago maybe I could have forgiven him but to me the way he hid the facts and used legal trickery to keep from being caught he is just a low life cheater.The guy has so much tallent but it will always be tainted because you just never know how much was real and how much was created through chemicals.

Could care less and agree completely ^

I hope he does it and I agree with what Fates already stated ...

Besides ... the steroids might contibute to Bonds size and power BUT he still has to make contact with the pill and steroids isn't gonna do that for him ... and would lifting weights and takin' vitamins back in the day be classified as cheating if a player got bigger and stronger and did something amazing ... I think not .

I think the way Hank and MLB are handle'N this whole thing is BS ... I thought Hank would be a bigger man then he's acting now ...he's acting to me like a kid thats about to lose out on the attention and he can't stand it ... what a baby and MLB is acting like they did when Roger Maris got Babes single season HR record ... they're shunning him because of the "RECORD" he's about to over-take !

Screw the astrick ... a record is a record ... GO BONDS !

I hope he does it and I agree with what Fates already stated ...

Besides ... the steroids might contibute to Bonds size and power BUT he still has to make contact with the pill and steroids isn't gonna do that for him ... and would lifting weights and takin' vitamins back in the day be classified as cheating if a player got bigger and stronger and did something amazing ... I think not .

I think the way Hank and MLB are handle'N this whole thing is BS ... I thought Hank would be a bigger man then he's acting now ...he's acting to me like a kid thats about to lose out on the attention and he can't stand it ... what a baby and MLB is acting like they did when Roger Maris got Babes single season HR record ... they're shunning him because of the "RECORD" he's about to over-take !

Screw the astrick ... a record is a record ... GO BONDS !

As I said though no one disputes Hank, they are disputing Bonds....and its history that will judge him in the end. Steroids is a no no in MLB and if he has taken it, the impression will always be there that he used it to get the record. Those are fact you can not dispute.

well different times, different ways of cheating. And you'll see that tomorrow we'll find out that that some honorable guys back in the days had their own ways and they were never caught until then. Pro sports is a demanding world, crowded with riff-raffs, gangsters, different mafias and finally the players. We ask players to do more and play more to break records and make us dream. If they don't answer our "needs" then they are just good to be thrown into a trash and some new guy will be brought in!

I know that BB is disliked by many people because of his uppity attitude. But as I said at the beginning, he is just a product of our time.