Sign in to follow this  
jrdani

Finding Carrier Blip Using Avionics70.dll

I've searched the archives for hours now, both here and at SimHQ, for ini editing info to enable the Ground Radar mode of Avionics70.dll to show a carrier's blip or an "updated/modified" Avionics70.dll file that would accomplish the same thing. I've been away from SFP1/WOV/WOE for over a year and I'm sure this problem was probably resolved at some time in the past. I just can't seem to find the record of it. I found a lot of info regarding Avionics70.dll in relation to CCIP display, etc., but nothing with respect to "blips" As you all know, it's very difficult to find the carrier, especially at night, without that blip. I also found statements indicating that A/G radar was not functional at that time in Avionics70.dll.

I've recently installed the F/A18 Blue Angel model that was part of the C6 Megapack and everything works fine (A/A radar/TV Screen/CCIP, etc.) except the blip function of the A/G radar. If anyone could point me in the right direction I would be very grateful.

It hasn't been resolved yet. TK needs to release a patch fixing it in the code.

No ground radar with avionics70. A pity too. And you can't swtich back to the 60.dll without rebuilding the avioncs ini, and all the little bits in the cockpit folder (although it might be doable by using stuff that avionics 60 compatable -- stuff that already exists for earlier birds)

I guess we're all waiting for the projected "avionics80.dll", which will hopefully re-incorporate the ground mapping and terrain avioidance modes.

I hope!!!!

Wrench

kevin stein

As an alternative, if the carrier has a radar, and the aircraft you're flying is equipped with an RWR, simply use the carrier's "RWR blip" as a reference.

Thanks guys for the replies. As you said, Kevin, it is a pity. I guess we will have to wait for "avionics80.dll". Fubar, thanks much for the RWR tip, I'll try it right away. Again, thanks to all of you for your replies.

Thanks guys for the replies. As you said, Kevin, it is a pity. I guess we will have to wait for "avionics80.dll". Fubar, thanks much for the RWR tip, I'll try it right away. Again, thanks to all of you for your replies.

which is why, by the way, when I made the mods for the F-14D, Mig-29C and F-18C, I stuck with the avionics60 in order to keep the air to surface radar for ground attack.

waiting of the 80!!

:clapping:

See, I KNEW somebody had backdated it!!! I just couldn't remember who or when.

I'll have to go grab these for meselft too!!!

Wrench

kevin stein

F-18C? :biggrin:

oops. I haven't released that yet.

there is on-going work at the MF on some newer F-18C, D and E/F models and I didn't put my little mod of the C out at their request because of that on-going work. I also didn't get permission from some of the skin developers to use their skins for the C.

so sorry, no F-18C.....

oops. I haven't released that yet.

there is on-going work at the MF on some newer F-18C, D and E/F models and I didn't put my little mod of the C out at their request because of that on-going work. I also didn't get permission from some of the skin developers to use their skins for the C.

so sorry, no F-18C.....

Well next question is...when will they be released?

Well next question is...when will they be released?

Probably when the sp5 will be out....

Probably when the sp5 will be out....

MF is the Mirage Factory, they will release their stuff when they feel it is ready.

MF is the Mirage Factory, they will release their stuff when they feel it is ready.

i know that :good:

Don't mind the wait, their planes are top notch.

From my knowledge of programming, the fix for ground radar should be a 2 hour job (10 minutes to fix the code, the rest to package the patch installer and test. unless he lost the source code) But I also read at 3rdwire that the next set of patches will have more than just a simple fix. AI improvements for one, and perhaps even more avionics. I'm also hoping for fixed stealth and thrust vectoring.

Edited by eraser_tr

From my knowledge of programming, the fix for ground radar should be a 2 hour job (10 minutes to fix the code, the rest to package the patch installer and test. unless he lost the source code) But I also read at 3rdwire that the next set of patches will have more than just a simple fix. AI improvements for one, and perhaps even more avionics. I'm also hoping for fixed stealth and thrust vectoring.

It need only a so short time and work to fix it ? :blink: .......... grrrrrrrr......i appreciate tk and what he gave us with this sim series.......but sometimes, at some moments :haha: ...... i hate him :crazy: ( unless of course if he didn't it because he wants to add more features to this air to ground radar mode)

No ground radar with avionics70. A pity too. And you can't swtich back to the 60.dll without rebuilding the avioncs ini, and all the little bits in the cockpit folder (although it might be doable by using stuff that avionics 60 compatable -- stuff that already exists for earlier birds)

I guess we're all waiting for the projected "avionics80.dll", which will hopefully re-incorporate the ground mapping and terrain avioidance modes.

I hope!!!!

Wrench

kevin stein

yeah that would be pretty cool to have. i also notice that even in the 60's they had ground lock capability to help drop there dumb bombs which were mainly in your attack and your bomber aircrafts,I would like to see that be incorporate in new .dll file

i would also like to see helmet display that was first used in the MiG-29.Next Fly By Wire technology which was first introduced in the late 70's which was frist used on the legendary F-16 Fighting Falcon,I would love to see proper flight approach with the Hell Fire Missile ,and then yes Stealth and thrust vector.but the biggest thing in the 80's was the Cruise Missile i would really like to proper flight and take off approach. i tried tinkering the with the cruise missile but the max distant i could get out of it was 65 miles but i know the can have a flight path longer than that i know the russian's has a cruise missile that can fly up to 280 miles depending on altitude.thats something i would love to wait for.

Well, I would be satisfied if the next patch will teach the AI to use smart bombs properly...

Thats alot of work for a really small gain for missiles. Helmet mounted displays would be cool, neccessary for a true F-35. Fly by wire...I really don't see the point? The only possibility would be modeling damage of it, but thats not the kind of realism TK goes for.