Sign in to follow this  
viperfalcon

still looking for strike eagle sim

still looking for a f-15 strike eagle sim that was released after 2000. i think it was set in the middle east and features the dark gray f-15e s . the load up page shows a semi dark picture of a female crew chief and the grahics are the best i've seen in a f-15 sim. its not janes f-15 that was released in '98 and not wings over europe. help !!!

Did the loading screen look like this?

loadttu0.jpg

FastCargo

which game is that?

Edited...check your PMs. Don't worry, you didn't do anything wrong.

FastCargo

Did the loading screen look like this?

loadttu0.jpg

FastCargo

hey fast cargo...thats the one !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! whats the name ??????

It's Janes F-15. Picture taken directly from my stock install.

FastCargo

It's Janes F-15. Picture taken directly from my stock install.

FastCargo

i also have janes f-15 but its the one released in '98....which is not the one i'm looking for. what year was yours released and do you have a pic of the cd case cover etc ?

My copy was bought at release in 1998, the original readme is dated March 15, 1998, with the last patch dated November 20, 1998.

My box looks like this:

http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/jane...-f-15/cover-art

There was a special 'officer's edition' released, but contained no new code, just new stuff in the box.

My version is the US version, maybe yours is something different (another country perhaps).

There MAY have been a 'CD-ROM Classics' edition released a few years later...but again, no new code!

FastCargo

My copy was bought at release in 1998, the original readme is dated March 15, 1998, with the last patch dated November 20, 1998.

My box looks like this:

http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/jane...-f-15/cover-art

There was a special 'officer's edition' released, but contained no new code, just new stuff in the box.

My version is the US version, maybe yours is something different (another country perhaps).

There MAY have been a 'CD-ROM Classics' edition released a few years later...but again, no new code!

FastCargo

i just ran my copy and there's no load up screen like the one you posted (which is the one i'm looking for) also the gameplay graphics etc are TOTALLY different... i'm sure it was released after 2000 and the copy i had was bought here in florida.

i just ran my copy and there's no load up screen like the one you posted (which is the one i'm looking for) also the gameplay graphics etc are TOTALLY different... i'm sure it was released after 2000 and the copy i had was bought here in florida.

i also see that my janes f-15 is for windows 95/98, the one i'm looking to get again (like the one you have also), is for a newer system (xp etc)

My version was for Win95/98. I bought it 9 years ago. Also, you realize that the loading screen you see appears for only a fraction of a second on a modern WinXP computer.

Can you post a screenshot of the one you have? That might give people a better idea.

FastCargo

here are more of the screen shots from my copy of janes f-15 which isnt anywhere close to the one i was looking for which has fastcargo screen shot.post-25847-1184654953_thumb.jpgpost-25847-1184654967_thumb.jpgpost-25847-1184654977_thumb.jpg

I think you're confusing "menu screens" with "loading screens."

The one FC posted is what showed up when you clicked "fly" before you got into the cockpit. The ones you've posted are all menu shots from stuff you do BEFORE clicking fly.

Also, check your X:/"Janes F-15 directory"/Wrapper directory. Look for 5 files with the name LOAD_*.PCX where * is a different letter. Open one of them...bet you find your loading screen there in various colors.

Do you have any screenshots in game from your current install of Janes F-15? If so, post them up and I'll tell ya right away if it's the same copy I have.

FastCargo

They ALL look like screens from the version of Jane's F-15 I have too. Pity it doesn't run on XP though. I only keep it for it's donor elements to JF18 TSH.

Take a look here and see which, if any, jog your memory:

http://www.migman.com/1997_combat.htm

http://www.migman.com/1998_combat.htm

http://www.migman.com/1999_combat.htm

Some great memories there :cool:

Edited by Platinum Rogue

They ALL look like screens from the version of Jane's F-15 I have too. Pity it doesn't run on XP though. I only keep it for it's donor elements to JF18 TSH.

Whatta mean it doesn't run on WinXP! :)

I've got it running just fine...at 1280 by 960 resolution no less (in Glidewrapper)! Just re-installed it a couple of days ago to help viperfalcon. Runs just fine...looks a little old...but smooth as can be.

FastCargo

OK, well then it's a pity it doesn't run on MY PC lol.

When I click 'fly' it brings up a windows message box filled with some Asian script then CTD's.

I need a glidewrapper then?

Yes, specifically I've been using Glidewrapper 0.84c. Also, make sure you patch F-15 up to 1.17f (Novemeber 1998 patch).

Works like a champ!

And, if you get hi res to work...it can look like this (just took this a few minutes ago in the virtual cockpit view).

untitledhb2.jpg

FastCargo

Whatta mean it doesn't run on WinXP! :)

I've got it running just fine...at 1280 by 960 resolution no less (in Glidewrapper)! Just re-installed it a couple of days ago to help viperfalcon. Runs just fine...looks a little old...but smooth as can be.

FastCargo

i couldnt get a screen shot of the actual gameplay but its definitely not the sim i had before that shows the load up screen that fastcargo showed above...unless its a different version. i dunno if there are different versions of janes f-15 but mine seems to be the oldest (released in 1998)

I think you're confusing "menu screens" with "loading screens."

The one FC posted is what showed up when you clicked "fly" before you got into the cockpit. The ones you've posted are all menu shots from stuff you do BEFORE clicking fly.

hey jedi, there isnt a load up screen on mine after you hit fly

Hehe, boom-boom, out go the lights!!

Image-0312.jpg

It's a lot like riding a bicycle....

Thanks for the help there, FS :ok:

Edited by Platinum Rogue

Yes, specifically I've been using Glidewrapper 0.84c. Also, make sure you patch F-15 up to 1.17f (Novemeber 1998 patch).

Works like a champ!

And, if you get hi res to work...it can look like this (just took this a few minutes ago in the virtual cockpit view).

untitledhb2.jpg

FastCargo

hey fastcargo...the above shot is the same one i have in my gameplay but its not even close to the much better detail i had in the sim i'm looking for. the sim i'm looking for has soooo much better graphics that i'm guessing its a much later version than the one released in '98....where would i be able to go today to upgrade the version i have to see if its the one i had before ? i know the one i had before had the load up screen shown before with the female crew chief but my version doesnt have a load up screen after clicking on "fly", it just pops to the next screen.

So, we've established that Viperfalcon was thinking of JF15 in his original thread, although he prefers to believe it was released less than 9 years ago :lol:

As far as I can make out, the only sims released since 2000 featuring any kind of F-15 out of the box are LOMAC and WOE. But there's no Strike Eagle in those. And no Middle East theatre. Could you be mixing up your aircraft here, VF? The only recent sim set in the middle east that I can think of is F-18 Precision Strike Fighter, which I was told was re-hashed old Graphsim's Hornet 3.0.

Might it also be possible that you were flying JF-18 with the TSH mod, in the JF15 middle-east theatre?

Image-0314.jpg

Edited by Platinum Rogue

So, we've established that Viperfalcon was thinking of JF15 in his original thread, although he prefers to believe it was released less than 9 years ago :lol:

As far as I can make out, the only sims released since 2000 featuring any kind of F-15 out of the box are LOMAC and WOE. But there's no Strike Eagle in those. And no Middle East theatre. Could you be mixing up your aircraft here, VF? The only recent sim set in the middle east that I can think of is F-18 Precision Strike Fighter, which I was told was re-hashed old Graphsim's Hornet 3.0.

i know the sim has the load up screen that fastcargo showed....i played it alot bacause i hardly messed with janes f-15. the one i'm looking for was so much more superior in graphics etc to janes f-15. i also have woe and lomac. it might not have been the middle east but i know it wasnt released in the late 90's unless it was 10 times better than janes f-15 at that time. the graphics in the sim i'm looking for are comparable to falcon 4.0 with the latest upgrades/patch...just awesome. i'm an ex air force f-16, t-37, t-38, and f-18 lockheed, gendyn aircraft mech (13yrs) so trust me, i know what i'm looking for.