Sign in to follow this  
Dagger

"Operation Frenchpoiont"from Sim Hq

ToughLuck posted this in the simhq forums:

"Thats right, there will be a new add-on pack that will include french infantry, vehicles and weapons. Below is a list of what to expect in this long awaited add-on pack.

FRENCH WEAPON ADD-ONS

-Rochefort cheese (a small piece of cheese to replace the K bar knife. This is pushed into the face of enemy soldiers to render them unconscious from the smell.

-Depends adult diapers (restores health in the same way that medics do with other nationalities)

-French passports (a very effective weapon in the french arsenal. Player uses these by throwing them at enemy players during the game. If the other player is from a poor 3rd world country they will drop their weapons, change into civilian clothes and leave the game)

-Puegot armored vehicle (a very fast moving vehicle featuring 3 reverse gears and 1 forward gear)

-High frequency backpack radio (primarily used to call in heavy support which comes in the form of M1A1 Abrams tanks, AH-64 Apache helicopters and A-10 aircraft) Note that using the french add-on weapons pack usually requires US Weapon Add-on packs.

-White handkerchiefs (modeled after the original french government issue)

This is just a partial list of what to expect in the upcoming "Operation Frenchpoint" add-on pack. This is still a WIP so if you would like to see something modelled in this pack that is not mentioned we promise to do the best we can to include it.

TL "

Guest Ranger332

YR

:wink: Dagger you forgot to mention the red wine, which was in the real (not absolutely sure but think from Napoleon to 14-18), a true part of the french soldier weapons inventory

I'm not going to make an issue on this one..he said it's just a joke as there really is a Operation Frenchpoint add-on.I thought it was funny but some people really took offence..i guess maybe i shouldn't have posted it but it was kinda cute.not meant to be offenceive.

I served with the French on a UN peace keeping force and i must say they were some really neat guys..and the food they had was 1st rate.we traded MREs for their rations once..then they wouldn't trade anymore :lol:

Dagger, I thought it was funny as well. And since Bernard1943, a real Frenchman thought so too, I would say you are safe on this one... ;)