Anybody know if there are any campaigns floating around for the events that take place in Tom Clancy's Red Storm Rising or Larry Bond's Cauldron?

Im sure in another thread (cant find it now) somebody was thinking of a Red Storm Rising stylee campaign.

It would be a fine thing indeed........ :yes:

Im sure in another thread (cant find it now) somebody was thinking of a Red Storm Rising stylee campaign.

It would be a fine thing indeed........ :yes:

A red storm rising style, in terms of the naval warfare is impossible at he moment

".......aaaaagh,i cant help it,....WHY Canadair?" :dntknw:

Because AI-flights, non player controlled, don't release guided weapons. So you would have formations of soviet bombers not launching missiles at naval fleets.

Big Air-sea operations can be organzied in campaign, I have more than one study of feasibilty done, but this "limitation" (not a bug, my god) stopped me from experimenting further.

And eurogroundwar in germany has been done in many flavours.

More intersting something along the line of cauldron, that raises the problem of FriendlyVSFriendly, if I recall there are germany and france VS UK and USA. The FriendlyVSfriendly can be overcomed relatively easily, but still we have the guided weapons AI problem, and there is no mirage2000 and rafale, so what is the point

".....so what is the point "

well quite....

shame the AI cant release guided weapons,thats gotta restrict what can be done with campaign building.

The AI pilots are able to use ARM missiles like the Shrike or HARM, so in theory it could be possible to sink ships with missiles as long as they pretend to be a floating SAM site. Of course, this idea needs to be tested first, preferrably with on a Blue Sea map and a stand-alone install.

But it seems to me that this kind of workaround is not what some are looking for here...

Edited by Gocad

hmmmmn...i can see that the overland campaign might not be that appealing as its basically been covered,well central/west europe anyways,but the naval airwar (in particular the Backfire raids on the Atlantic shipping and Blinder raids on Norwegian/U.K targets) imo are worth exploiting.

The AI pilots are able to use ARM missiles like the Shrike or HARM, so in theory it could be possible to sink ships with missiles as long as they pretend to be a floating SAM site. Of course, this idea needs to be tested first, preferrably with on a Blue Sea map and a stand-alone install.

But it seems to me that this kind of workaround is not what some are looking for here...

Yes and that idea works I experimented with that; it works provided that all ships are modded with air defence radars, and all cruise missiles are changed as aRMs. On the other hand the system will generate only 2airplanes sead flights So gone is the idea of large soviet bombers formations. Plus a sead flight is generated only supporting a strike. My idea was that strike could be a "recon", with unarmed planes, such as placeholders bears.But again the main attack would be the "sead" 2 planes-only. Really not realistic. It sounds complicated, and it is. and for little results. All what can be achieved as antiship is what I done in out fo africa 1.5 with campaign generated antiship missions whch are issued only to player flight, and antiship against convoy stations which are issued to the AI flights as well, but they won't use guided missiles. It works, in the smaller scale campaign of "out of africa", but is nt applicable to giuk situations

On the other hand the idea of blinders attacking the nrorht of england is nice, recreating some chapters of redstorm rising and could also come with "anti-sub" missions and Sub attacking cargo convoys. This is an idea I have in mind, and I posted about it elsewhere, but I got frustated at the moment with this..