Sign in to follow this  
smudger150

more newbee questions lol

Have got nearly 100mb of mods downloaded now lol. But am having some troubles finding out where to put various stuff such as aircraft missions loadouts etc. I have carried out loads of mods to cfs3 but am new to this sim!!!

I was just wondering if there is anywhere i can find a tutorial on where the different files go as not all the downloads seem to come with install instructions????

Am going to download the painting stuff have done a few for cfs3 so cant wait to get my brushes out :lol:

Guest Ranger332

for youe Mission you first need to make a Missions file then place them in it you will start out with a few then it will gain a life of its own lol

Guest capun

smudger

I'll start by reading the readme files first.

There is no tutorial where the files go, lots of trial and error here.

I just reply to another post with some file paths.

Briefly (assuming you are at the Strike Fighters directory) and not complete

- Campaings go to the Campaign subdir, each with their own unique name.

- Custom missions go to the missions subdir that you need to create. See Ranger's reply

- New scenery/terrain go to the Terrain subdir. Have an unique name and copy the desert.cat file from the desert terrain subdir

- New Aircraft models (LOD, bmp files0 go to the objects subdir, but the ini files and skins go to their own unique subdir in the aircraft subdir.

- New ground objects go to the objects subdir including ini files

- New weapon objects go to the objects subdir.