Have downloaded this fine looking bord but cant seem to get it to work in game. have tried putting the files in both the object/aircraft/F86C and object/F86C but no joy any ideas?????

I promise i will calm down with all the questions lol just need to get the hang of modding this like i do CFS3 :roll:

If I rember correctly when you unzip it it opens to a folder F89C

The folder should read F-89C

I believe the dash is missing on the name of the folder. So.. just rename the folder F-89C

Check the configuration settings in the F89C file. Once in awhile something gets left out. The contents of this file have to match the folder name. Hope this helps.

Guest Sony Tuckson

for a plane to be avbl in game, some files are obviously required

their naming is of the uttermost importance to be handled correctly by the game interface

check you folder F-89C is well present in the Aircraft folder

in the F-89C folder some files must be there with correct naming (I repeat myself, I know :roll: )

double check f-89c.ini file , all references to other files are there and check presence of those here mentionned

Sony is right - I double checked all files and only possibility is that your folder has different name from your ini's. I Hope you enjoy that plane (I never heard if somebody likes it)

Bye Monty

very nicely done plane, not a dogfighting one though ;)

(I've just played an intercep mission with it, very entertainment, looking forward a pit someday).

Guest Sony Tuckson

this model is outstanding, but some work needs being done to the fm..

monty i downloaded the f-89 and fly it all the time. I have a memory early in my military times of 2 f-89s sitting at a civil airport, I believe they were N. D. ANG, the happy somethings or other.

Guest Sony Tuckson

North Dakota ANG are the famous Happy Hooligans

some nice schemes :wink:

Monty CZ -I have modified some campaigns and missions to use the

F-89C. It is this type of plane that fits perfect for the era of the game. It is too bad tha nobody has said thanks. The amount of work that any of you modders puts in is greatly apperciated. ( by me and lot more people throughout BioHaz) I hope nobody takes your work for granted! I for one would like to say thanks. I personaly try to acknowledge any modders work because I have not the talent some of you have and its the least I can do.

Hi Monty,

I just took your F-89C around the patch for a quick flight and it was a real delight!

I am a recently retired B767 Captain with American Airlines & Trans World Airlines and, a very long time ago, flew the F-89J with the Iowa ANG in Des Moines, Iowa. I'll have to admit the good old Scorpion was probably the last model I expected to see in any of the Sim programs but it was really a pleasant & nostalgic surprise.

If we make connections here I'll pass along some comments after I've had a chance to fly it a little more, but first impressions of pitch & roll rates seem very accurate. The speed boards aren't as effective as they were in the real airplane. With full flaps & gear down the real airplane decelerated faster than this model. With all of the above + speed boards full out you could actually go straight down at idle power and not exceed the gear speed (about the only thing the Scorpion could do really well).

Thanks for the trip back in time - Hope to hear from you!