Sign in to follow this  
Fates

Boeing To replace A-10 Wings

First, a new cockpit, now new wings. Looks like the Warthog will be around for a few decades more. Wouldn't be surprised if these are the last birds to be replaced by the F-35...

There's an old joke cartoon around somewhere.

B-2s retirement ceremony, a general is giving a speech. Which gets interrupted by a B-52 doing touch and goes.

Substitute F-35, and A-10 respectively, and the cartoon still works... :) .

FastCargo

Not sure if you guy remember Joe "Dice-Man", but if memory serves me right, he worked on them at Hill AFB and was in charge of the Depot there. I think he stated that the wing mods were gonna extend the A-10 into 2026, and that was before this deal with Boeing.

I'm sure the A-10 will be around for another 30 years at least. Might even get Engine upgrades

As long as you have air superiority to protect from fighters, the A-10 can hold its own against any ground target. That's not going to change unless they come out with lasers. :wink:

The A-10 is like the Chuck Norris of fighter planes. Sure it's a terrible actor, but it can roundhouse kick you backwards in time!

On a similar theme, the old saying of "When the last Blackhawk goes to the boneyard, it'll be on a sling under a Huey."

Not sure if you guy remember Joe "Dice-Man", but if memory serves me right, he worked on them at Hill AFB and was in charge of the Depot there. I think he stated that the wing mods were gonna extend the A-10 into 2026, and that was before this deal with Boeing.

I'm sure the A-10 will be around for another 30 years at least. Might even get Engine upgrades

I heard the same thing from a Warthog driver in Boise a couple of years ago.