Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

MiG-19PM Farmer-E Mod -Ver 2.0

MiG-19PM Farmer-E Mod -Ver 2.0

MiG-19PM Farmer-E upgrade Ver.2 for SF/SFG/WoV/WoE/WoI and maybe SF2/SF2-V

UPDATED to Version 2.0 5/5/09

This is a simple upgrade that will bring this aircraft to the latest patch standards (08 Level)

This is ALL the other bits from before complied into a complete package, all inclusive, and is designed to TOTALLY replace any earlier upgrades.

The changes implimented herein are mostly in the switching of the Izumrud nose bubbles to a 'pilot seat', ala FastCargo's trick. This will allow it to show on aircraft parked on the line. Included is Mago/Paladrain's cockpit from the Mig-21PFM. While not a perfect match, it's the 'bestest closest fit', and works REALLY nicely!! Other data ini edits remove all 3 gun barrels and the xtra weapons pylon. A new skin, based off my 1024 templates is also included, with the ejection ports and fusleage gun-blast shielding removed. Decal ini edits move the bort numbers aft and make them slightly smaller; meaning they're not -quite- correct, but at least now something will show up on the nose. For those wishing to resking for Czech or Hungarian usage, you'll have to plot the new postions yourselves, as they placed them on the aft fuesleage.

The avionics ini has been updated to include an audio-only RWR; not sure of what type, probably some kind of a Serina, but it does work. The cockpit ini has also been modified to use the original style radar and radar display that Pasko created. No other changes have been made to it. So the instructions given in the original 'readme' still apply for target aquisition, tracking and firing. The is the 'Interception Procedures.txt' included in the main folder.

You'll also find an updated data ini to 08 standards. I've split the Alkali stations, to allow for a "mixed" loadout of either/or the IR or SAH versions of the AA-1, even though I've turned up nothing that says that a mix could be used. It's part of my gaming belief system "playbility & fun sometimes takes precedence over historicality" (and everyone knows what a stickler I am for historical correctness!!)

The original 'box-art' style hangar screen is included, along with a new WoE 'on the runway' version, so you can choose which you like best.

It is designed for use with any/all weapons paks, or none. I've incuded the Alkali A & B missiles from the 06 Bunyap Pak; still in their RS-2US and RS-2U naming conventions, in the 'seperate folder' format now usable in all post patch games. For those with SF2 and SF2:V, the weapons data ini for each missile is included in each of the folders. As I don't have these games, you all'll have to figure out the numbering on your own. But, with TKs release of the SF2 weapons editor, this should pose no major problem

As always, it's reccomened you unzip this package to a temp folder, or your desktop, to gain access to the rest of this readme for the full, easy to follow install instructions.

Happy Hunting!

Wrench

Kevin Stein

Hey Wrench!

Cudo's for the effort, but (sorry!)..... :blush:

After the installation according to your readme's I started the game and the radar noses are still NOT visible.

The picture and LOD file are placed correctly and an addition is made in the weaponsdata file but no go.

on the P the missiles do have their pylons (???) but the 4 on the PM are free floating...

Is there maybe a glitch in the addition of the Weapondata file or in the data file from the plane I need to correct?

Thanks again for the addition of these interesting planes, i hope I get them to work properly!

Muesli

After you made the addition you made sure to click "save" in the wep editor to update the .dat file, correct?

Full instructions in the readme, quoted below (with a small edit to not insult anyone! :wink: )

Where *** is the next number in sequence. Once you've added it to the text part, you'll have to do the 'add weapon ini dance' you all should be soooo familiar with.

(edited here) I'll repeat the procedure here:

1) using the weapons editor, open the weaponsdata.ini from whatever game you've installed this mod to.

2) Scroll down until you find the entry for the "19PM". It'll be the last one on the list. It should say 'MiscStore', as I've set it to a 0 strength jammer.

3) Double click on the entry, to open up the data section and at this point --DO NOTHING ELSE!!!-

click the 'OK" button and return to the main screen.

3) Click "SAVE", and then

4) "CLOSE"

I've got the latest Weapons Pack but I only got the 17PF nose to appear by altering the 17PF entries in the DATA.INI and the LOADOUT.INI to read 17PFU. I also changed the attachment type to read SOVIET instead of NATO for the Farmer and the nose pack.

I couldn't find the M17PF modelname that the weapons pack calls for in the latest Weapons Pack.

Changing the MiG-19 entries to read 17PFU picks up the other 17 nose.

Also the Alkalis hang a bit high on the pylons so I altered the attachment positions to read -0.41 instead of -0.21. The weapons also appear to need rotating 180 deg so AttachmentAngles were altered accordingly, eg:

AttachmentPosition=-1.21,2.50,-0.41

AttachmentAngles=0.0,0.0,180.0

Alkalis still can't hit a barn door at 10 paces though :)

BB: you're right about the Alkali's not hitting anythings...they truely suck worse the 9B winder! Good catch on the mounting height, I just used the stock numbers from the PFU.

As to the nose problems, did you follow the instructions EXACTLY as stated in the readme??? Once the text section of the weapons is added to the weaponsdataini, you MUST run the weapons editors to add them, and update the weaponsdata.dat file.

You probably forgot the one step...give it another try!! It works perfectly for me... :ok:

Wrench

kevin stein

Hi Wrench - yeah I'm pretty sure I followed the instructions.

The Famer-E mod calls for the 17PF to add the nose. The latest WeaponsPack I have is 3 Jul 06. In there it has the 17PF mod listed as:

[WeaponData1097]

TypeName=17PF

FullName=RP-1(Mig-17PF)

ModelName=M17PF

Mass=252.000000

Diameter=0.500000

Length=1.000000

AttachmentType=NATO

NationName=SOVIET

StartYear=1953

EndYear=1985

Availability=2

BaseQuantity=12

Exported=FALSE

ExportStartYear=0

ExportEndYear=0

ExportAvailability=0

WeaponDataType=4

StoreType=0

JammerStrength=0.000000

This calls the M17PF model, which isn't in the WeaponsPack.

So I edited my Farmer to use the 17PFU which is in the WeaponsPack. I also edited the AttachmentType to be SOVIET and not NATO (seems a bit strange having it as NATO?).

Hope this helps,

Battler.

When Bunyap rebuil the Pak for the 6/06 release, he used "WP" and "NATO" for the, well, oddball stuff. So that's how I kept it. This allows for other nations that might use the aircraft to have it load with no problems.

And don't forget, for the 19PM, we're using 2 Fresco nose bubbles, as per Lexx's fix...the PFU (ok, 19PM cause it got renamed and repainted to 'hide itself' from being visible through the canopy) cause it has the missile pylons, and the 17PF for the acutal nose extension.

Wrench

kevin stein

Verson 2.0 uploaded!!

have fun!!!

wrench

kevin stein

Verson 2.0 uploaded!!

have fun!!!

wrench

kevin stein

for SF2 or WOX?

that's odd...I changed the WHOLE announcement section ... it' shoud have the entire new release note....

I'll go back and see if I can't re-edit my edit!! DRAT!!!

wrench

kevin stein

editx2 ... oh, dopey me!!! Forgetting I have to re-apporve the file, as it's a NEW one!!! (smack self on head) all fixed now!

Verson 2.0 uploaded!!

have fun!!!

wrench

kevin stein

Thank very much you Kevin. :biggrin:

Just a couple of things:

- The loadout.ini needs tank fix in a-a long range (only to renumber entries).

- The pitot (?) in front of the nose could be deleted? I don't remember it in Mig-19PMs.

More Migs, more fun. :yes:

Paolo

crap...I'd thought I'd renumbered everything....

ok, use the data below for ALL the mission profiles:

Loadout[01].WeaponType=Tank540_MiG19

Loadout[01].Quantity=1

Loadout[02].WeaponType=Tank540_MiG19

Loadout[02].Quantity=1

Loadout[03].WeaponType=RS-2US

Loadout[03].Quantity=1

Loadout[04].WeaponType=RS-2US

Loadout[04].Quantity=1

Loadout[05].WeaponType=RS-2US

Loadout[05].Quantity=1

Loadout[06].WeaponType=RS-2US

Loadout[06].Quantity=1

just copy/paste it OVER all the existing entries ... easy fix!

searching the lod finds no reference to pitot or tube or anything close, so I guess we're stuck with it!

wrench

kevin stein

searching the lod finds no reference to pitot or tube or anything close, so I guess we're stuck with it!

wrench

kevin stein

Abracadabra ............ the magical spell was "PROBE" :biggrin:

Try this, please ...

[AircraftData]

Component[018]=PROBE

[PROBE]

ParentComponentName=PROBE

ModelNodeName=PROBE

DestroyedNodeName=PROBE

DetachWhenDestroyed=TRUE

HasAeroCoefficients=FALSE

............ now your mod is a little closer to the real one.

The probe was on the right outer wing on P and MP.

Could you add it? :notworthy:

What about the Mig-19P upgrade, too? :wink:

Ciao

Paolo :good:

Edited by paulopanz

good find! :good: the one thing I didn't look for!!

I don't think we can 'move' the existing one sideways, somebody would have to create a new lod for the 'probe', and we'd attach it as a seat, like the other stuff.

an update for the 19P is in the works; it's pretty much the same 'move' for the nose as the 19pm. Don't know if I want to reskin it, or what

wrench

kevin stein