Sign in to follow this  
mppd

Decal problem with Razbam repaint Vol 2

Well I guess I'm done with the basic bird repaint of a faded bird from NKP. I have about a dozen tail decals done so far, but still have nose art to do. I ended up doing a black belly version as a separate aircraft with selectable all-black drop tank and camo/black tank, and a lt grey belly version with stained white tank and camo/lt grey

tank. I think that the black coded aircraft had 30219 tan outlines when applied and not white or yellow as I have heard/seen depicted. Would love to

hear from a real NKP vet who remembers for sure.

Can anyone help with how to enable a 3-digit number on the main gear fairing door and the fuselage/speed brake national insignia? I have tried everything I can think of, using the various mesh names from the OUT file that looked promising, but are not getting anything to show.

Also, is hex-editing the tank LOD files infringing on anyones copywrites?

Thanks for any help,

Mike Druzolowski

Thanks,

I certainly have your repaint package and used it for some ideas. It is a great set of repaints by the way and well worth the download! But, the two decal issues I mentioned are still not resolved.

Mike D.

Roger that man, raz should be able to get you the locations.

Mike dont put your email addy in your post. Email miners might find it and spam you.

HI MIke:

Impressive work, i´m waiting for it to be posted!

ok, here is what you need:

Rigth main gear fairing

part name: frm-r_gear_03

pos:

X=1.929

Y=0.503

Z=-0.55

Left main gear fairing:

part name:frm-l_gear_01

pos:

X=-1.926

Y=0.503

Z=-0.55

Both speed brakes (L & R) are named the same=airbrake02

right speed brake pos:

X=-0.606

Y=-2.544

Z=-0.234

Left speed Brake:

X=0.628

Y=-2.58

Z=-0.235

Hope this helps

Best regards

Prowler

O.K., I have a completed working decal system for the Razbam A-1H, except for the ID numbers I would like to place on the gear doors...Tried everything I could think of, but no luck. Anyone else feel like taking up the challenge?? I sure would like to fix this though, it would just be the cherry on top of the sundae, so to speak.

I was only able to get the star & bar to appear on both speed brakes, however, by hex-editing the A-1H.LOD file - which eliminates any kind of public release by me of course. I changed three of the airbrake02 entries to airbrake01 within the LOD file and then modified the decals ini file and it works! I can tell anyone how to do it themselves, but it probably violates the Razbam copywrites anyway. It would be nice if they issued an update which incorporates this change and a decal system though to purchasers of their otherwise fine product!

Anyways, thanks to all for the help. Have fun, and please contact me if anyone can help with those darned gear door decals...

Mike Druzolowski

Mike:

Yes it does, so please use for your personal enjoyment..in fact, even if you didn´t hex edited the LOD, you couldn´t post it anywhere.

I think USAFMTL left the USAF roundel ON the fuselage as a texture feature.

Anyway, i´m would like to give a shot at your creation.

Best regards

Prowler

Prowler,

I would never dream of infringing on anyone's copyrights. I gladly paid for both Razbam packages because I love A-1s, and I have purchased every mission set of Yankee Air Pirates, and I encourage everyone to do the same. I love this sim and support anyone who is into making it even better.

I personnally have no problems with anyone using my art however. Just the way I feel about it. I felt the same about sharing my photography. I have a color slide collection of 4000 aircraft I shot in the 70s-80s and I never felt any particular impulse to worry about who might do what with one of my shots. I couldn't figure out how to make money with them, so feel free if you can... The guy standing next to me got the same shot, it's just light on photo-sensitive material anyway. Same goes for the art on the PC - it's just colored pixels within a paint program...

Anyway feel free to E-mail me and I'll gladly share what I created with you, with info how to hex edit your own LODs for your own personal enjoyment. (I happen to like the fuselage decals! They look great) I have about a dozen tail mark decals done, with more to come. I still need to do nose art for most. I made a separate aircraft for the black-bellied birds, that way you can select a green/black or all black drop tank for them, and green/lt grey or all lt grey on the lt grey-belly birds. (Oh yeah, I hex-edited the drop tank LODs to do that too...) Probably needed TKs permission for that.

Still would like the decals to work for the gear doors though...

Mike D.

Fixed it! Found out what I was doing wrong - I copied the info down for the gear door X-axis locations then transposed the 03 and 01 - the ini was calling for a mesh name that did not exist. Thanks for the help once again to an old dislexic ex-technical illustrator. You folks have been very kind.

Mike Druzolowski