Sign in to follow this  
MechaStalin

Setting airfield sides?

Hey,

I want to set up airfield sides, so that a plane won't go and land on some airfield in the middle of enemy territory. Is this possible somehow?

Also, how do I edit countries? I want to make an Ace Combat style war, with various aircraft attached to each side so you'll see F5's and TU-160's working together and such.

Thanks!

The only way to do it is to add antiaircraft guns or SAMS at that airfield.

What, so they won't bother landing there or to stop them surviving? I Just stuck a strela launcher at an airbase and an A10 still landed at it.

Did the Strela shoot at it? It won't land if it's being shot at.

It was on it's final landing approach and got shot at.

Perhaps I should put some BTRs around the base? They shoot at low flying aircraft.

It's just that Shilkas and the like have such a large search radar area that it attracts everyone. :(

Shilkas don't turn on their radars until you're within just over a mile from them.

Hey,

I want to set up airfield sides, so that a plane won't go and land on some airfield in the middle of enemy territory. Is this possible somehow?

Also, how do I edit countries? I want to make an Ace Combat style war, with various aircraft attached to each side so you'll see F5's and TU-160's working together and such.

Thanks!

i don't know how to set sides on the airfield try seting a retern route Also someone that know how to make programes like loman an lope should make a programe to make and mod countries that whould be so alsome

Edited by N.Forsythe

i don't know how to set sides on the airfield try seting a retern route Also someone that know how to make programes like loman an lope should make a programe to make and mod countries that whould be so alsome

Dude, what language is that? I know I spell bad but sheesh......

I seem to recall that a way that is often used to make an airfield belong to red or blue (instead of being neutral) is to place an aircraft from that coalition to take off from that airfield. But since you do not want that aircraft to interfere with the mission (or affect your FPS by flying around) then set its takeoff time to be hours or days into the future.

Just place the aircraft on the airfield, set it to takeoff, then set its time / date to the future (bottom left you will see ETA, its layout is hours : minutes : seconds days). Most folks just set it to take off a couple of days into the future.

Awesome, thanks. That's like how I was doing it, but all the planes were in the mission, so a metal cloud of F-16Cs and F/A-18Cs flew over to enemy territory to take out extremely dangerous MI-17s. :P