Sign in to follow this  
boris1234

several qustions about some weapons

hey u all!!!

whats up???

i have several qus. about some weapons and weapon types and ill be glad for help and answers.

1. what bomb in WOE is a runway crating cluster bomb?

2. what is IIR guidence?

3.is there any nuclear bomb in the WOE weapons pack?

4.how do i use anti radiation missile?

5.why after once or twice i use the ecm rather its from the aircraft or from a pod it wony work anymore?

thanks ahead guys!!!!!

Edited by boris1234

1. No specific default bomb - you can use Mk82's to destroy a runway if you hit the centre

3. I think so

4. If you see a sam launch point your nose towards the site, pitch up and fire. Best with altitude and range - fire too cloase and it seems to miss. If you have a plane with a RWR scope turn towards a flashing ground radar and press fire. Sometimes the missile will go for another site in the area.

5. Not sure what u mean here - are you using the 'z' button to toggle it on or off?

The ECM (whether it's a pod or an integral unit), is always best left on, with one exception, which I'll cover, later.

In short, its "working" as long as you toggle it on, although as you get closer to a radar unit, the active ECM's effectiveness is diminished, a phenomenon known as "burn through". What happens is that the signal strength of a radar in close proximity is such that it literally overwhelms any "noise" created by jamming.

If you happen to get a radar missile launch warning, and notice that the missile is tracking you, no matter what, turn off the ECM unit. Chances are that the missile is set to "home on jam", and is using your ECM's jamming signal for guidance!

If you happen to get a radar missile launch warning, and notice that the missile is tracking you, no matter what, turn off the ECM unit. Chances are that the missile is set to "home on jam", and is using your ECM's jamming signal for guidance!

if you have a deceptive jammer then you should not do that - that's the best way to get shot.

jink hard and dump chaff (and flares if its an IR)