Sign in to follow this  
tmdgm

Looking for an A-1H

I thought I had one, but I don't have a skyraider. The only thing here in the planes is an AD-4. Is there an A-1H somewhere around?

Thanks. Never even realized there were planes in outside of the aircraft specific folders.

btw, what's the smoke coming out of the skyraider?

Guest Saganuay82

Smoke?

Wanna a better one and can part with a little bit of money, go to www.razbam.org and you can buy a A1 package.

btw, what's the smoke coming out of the skyraider?

bad valve guide seals, weak oil rings?? I mean, jeez, its an old bird; probably has a tired engine :haha: After all, the Captain has been using them the 'windmill' the ship into dock and all.....

Try this in the data ini Engine section:

ExhaustEmitterName=CleanExhaustEmitter

or just delet the emitter name, should show no exhaust trail

Wrench

kevin stein

I also recommend the Razbam A-1H/J package. It looks great, flies super and the cockpit looks great also. It has been the item I am flying most lately, and also spending some time playing with textures and markings.

Mike Druzolowski

bad valve guide seals, weak oil rings?? I mean, jeez, its an old bird; probably has a tired engine :haha: After all, the Captain has been using them the 'windmill' the ship into dock and all.....

Wrench

kevin stein

Yeah, old maybe, but she's been worn in nicely! :ok:

Besides, with a bit of tweaking, you can still have a Spad that's a toothy, versitile platform. I've got a ficticious variant (A-1K) set up to use laser and TV guided missiles, ECM pods and even a twin rack for sidewinders and, thanks in large to the PC-9 engine effect from Mdlemast's PC-9 release, my bird has a new, slightly more powerful engine now... Who needs A-10s? :biggrin: I mean, I can understand if you like your tank killers ugly and sounding like a 737 maybe :tongue:

Just a heads up Tmdgm, when firing your guns in the free Spad, it has a tendency to pull up like an AK (or so videogames have led me to believe). Its less of a problem in other old timey propjobs ie, Hurricaine, Spitire etc.

I just installed this A-1H model and I have no cockpit gauges. They only appear when I am in a turn. I have it installed in WOE, could this be the problem?

Try this in the data ini Engine section:

ExhaustEmitterName=CleanExhaustEmitter

Wrench

kevin stein

Thanks, that's what I was looking for. Good one on the weak seals. :biggrin:

Actually, this was already in there.

ExhaustEmitterName=A-1H-CleanExhaustEmitter

Maybe get rid of the A-1H?

Definately, give that a try. A quick check on mine shows I just used the CleanExhaustEmitter.

I mean, after all, California has the tightest smog rules in the country.... :rofl:

Wrench

kevin stein