Sign in to follow this  
bsunshine

Australians and WOV Online

hi gang...looking for auatralians (or anyone really) to get some online play happening with WOV........if anyone is keen please just answer this message and depending on how it all goes we'll see what we can arrange...Imagine a mirage unit/flight.....anyhoo i think it would be fun...any ideas puttem up too

Sunshine

I'd love to (Brisbane, QLD)

great man........i'll be away working for 2 weeks but i'll keepan eye on the foum....u bring the interest to 4 of us so its looking good....if u have any ideas on wat u'd like to do or get out of it thro them forward as we are starting from scratch...lets hope a few more jump in...

good on ya mate.....we're gonna have alotta fun...talk soon

Sunshine

I reckon an Aussie Phantom flight would be cool, or perhaps a few historical what-if's (aircraft the RAAF considered, but decided against), I'd prefer to keep to 60's and 70's stuff, although the aussie F/A-18 skin is great, SFG etc just seems to feel more right with the 60's-70's stuff. Some of the close runners for a RAAF purchase were the F-104G, and the A-5.

Gday,

NE Tasmania here... I'd love to play if we can agree a set of mods and make sure we all have the same ones. I'm really into sod busting so maybe you can include the Canberra on the list. I have WOV & WOV+WOE merged.

Gday,

NE Tasmania here... I'd love to play if we can agree a set of mods and make sure we all have the same ones. I'm really into sod busting so maybe you can include the Canberra on the list. I have WOV & WOV+WOE merged.

A damn fine source for RAAF skins can be found here:

http://www.grampsflightsims.com/

I'm just trying to think off the top of my head, but I'm pretty sure the following are available:

Fast movers:

A-4G Skyhawk (Plus a few sweet Kiwi A-4K Kahu skins)

Mirage IIIO

F/A-18A Hornet

The C/G Pig

F-4E Phantom

I've seen skins for the CA.27 Sabre, can't remember where though.

Slow movers:

Canberra B.8

C-130J Hercules (plus a pseudo bomber version)

AP-3C Orion

S-2F/G Tracker

Trainers (both with the Roulettes scheme I think)

MB.326H

PC-9A

Helicopters:

S-70 and UH-60 Sea/Blackhawks

UH-1H Iriqois

(I thought I saw a Sea King skin around somewhere)

and finally, the Tiger ARH

I can't recall if there's a Neptune available. If there is, it'll probably be at Capun's skunworks. There are more pre-1960's skins available, but my tastes lie with the post 60's stuff. If I've missed any, feel free to call me on it because I'm keen for an SF style Donnie Brook!

What about "What If" stuff, what are people's opinions on that?

And what about Kiwis? Are Kiwis welcome or are we not speaking to them since the All-Blacks handed our arses back to us?

And what about Kiwis? Are Kiwis welcome or are we not speaking to them since the All-Blacks handed our arses back to us?

Kiwi's are fine with me...watchem for years with A-4K's...then later our old G's....we can always hand thiers to them at the world cup anyway :).....I'm keen on using the F-104 on the odd occation in the "What if concept....one thing that does bare thinking about is not trying to take on too much at least in the beginning as too many mods may add to complications or put off those that are thinking of gettin in but cannot mod to well....any way...my thoughts are Skyhawks= Attack...Mirages=Fighter......What if=Starfighter...and if we get enuff numbers Canberra=Attack...remember depending on what we are doing we can swap and change "cockpits" as we see fit....Great stuff everyone....

Sunshine

Kiwi's are fine with me...watchem for years with A-4K's...then later our old G's....we can always hand thiers to them at the world cup anyway :).....I'm keen on using the F-104 on the odd occation in the "What if concept....one thing that does bare thinking about is not trying to take on too much at least in the beginning as too many mods may add to complications or put off those that are thinking of gettin in but cannot mod to well....any way...my thoughts are Skyhawks= Attack...Mirages=Fighter......What if=Starfighter...and if we get enuff numbers Canberra=Attack...remember depending on what we are doing we can swap and change "cockpits" as we see fit....Great stuff everyone....

Sunshine

Personally, I've been intrigued about a "what if" B-47 after hearing the RAAF evaluated 3 of them in the early 60's, amongst other what ifs... like the RNZAF F-16s. :biggrin:

Another idea I've had is to pick two time periods, late-1950's, and late-1970's, and fly aircraft from either.

For late 50's, we'd have the following:

Fighter: Avon Sabre or Vampire

Light Attack: Meteor F.8

Strike: Canberra

What if: Hunter for Fighter

For late 70's we'd have:

Fighter: Mirage IIIO

Multirole: F-4E

Strike: F-111C

What-if: F-104G (data.ini modded to take Sparrow, because it would be Australia's main air defence fighter), A-5B

Another idea I've had is to pick two time periods, late-1950's, and late-1970's, and fly aircraft from either.

For late 50's, we'd have the following:

Fighter: Avon Sabre or Vampire

Light Attack: Meteor F.8

Strike: Canberra

What if: Hunter for Fighter

For late 70's we'd have:

Fighter: Mirage IIIO

Multirole: F-4E

Strike: F-111C

What-if: F-104G (data.ini modded to take Sparrow, because it would be Australia's main air defence fighter), A-5B

Great idea sherrif...i like it...gives us a good range with different aircraft of which they are all classics....another thing guys...go ahead and start flying online...if i was back i would be onto it already so if u arent on there...get it goin....i an to a degree into sop's and such so from a flying point of view would like to get formation flying on the go...something as simple as echelon right for returning to the field...and then pitching out over the runway into the pattern..I'm sure we have all been to a base and seen this plenty of times....i dont doubt all of u can fly well in the fighter and attack roles as u all have experience in the sim....tactics and formation is a much more difficult concept....let me know what u think...woohoo!!!!!!!

Alrighty guys, what's the plan? Lets get this going. What's a good time for everyone to get together to blow crap up??

Anytime is good for me provided I get some warning.

We should probably start with a completely un-modded version of WOV / WOE to make sure it all works. Once we've gotten it working then we can look at adding mods to it.

Anytime is good for me provided I get some warning.

We should probably start with a completely un-modded version of WOV / WOE to make sure it all works. Once we've gotten it working then we can look at adding mods to it.

I agree...lets start unmodded with WOV...either through hyperlobby or not...i will be home thurday morning so maybe lets meet art hyperlobby on thursday night..i will be there from around 4pm perth time.......i will organise a ts server for us also......hope to see u all there...we could just start with phantoms or skyhawks.....really wanna pull this off guys...look forward to catching up with all of u....i will be there around 4 pm ish perth time as i say!!

Alrighty so we're looking:

1.Fresh installs of WoV.

2. Patched to the current patch 8.30.06

3. If Hyperlobby, make sure it too is the current version, same for Hamachi if we use that.

as for a team speak there's this one, the address for which I think you can get from here at CA:

38.101.153.82:6200 (That's teamspeak 2RC2)

4pm Pertherner time means half 6 CST, 7pm EST...? Sound about right?

I should be home by 7pm CST (Half 4 West, 7:30 EST) so I'll hop on as soon as I get me a cuppa...

Have I missed anything?

4pm Pertherner time means half 6 CST, 7pm EST...? Sound about right?

I should be home by 7pm CST (Half 4 West, 7:30 EST) so I'll hop on as soon as I get me a cuppa...

Have I missed anything?

I think you missed WA now being on daylight savings too. 4pm perth = 6pm est