Sign in to follow this  
Armourdave

A-7B pit update #2 (New Canopy feature)

Whoa. Thats pretty sweet. Can't wait to fly the finished bird.

Hey AD,

You can bet I will enjoy all the hard work that you have put into the development of the A-7B addon, just as soon as it is available!

All the screenshots thus far are amazing! You really have got me chomping at the bit for the Corsair to make its debut to SFP1.

Time to load those MERS with some bombs.

I have to relate a Corsair story. One night, while looking for FOD in the cockpit of one of my squadron's A-7s, there was a loud explosion from another VA-15 Valion A-7, parked further down the deck. The gun-gas purge valve for the aircraft's gatling gun had malfunctioned. The resulting temps caused two rounds in the belt to cook off. One round went through the cockpit, just missing the pilot; and the other went out the side of the access door for the gun. The incident caused an immediate action message to be sent, grounding all A-7s until inspected.

Launch'em!

AMEC(AW) Ward, USN Retired

AD this is awsome! does that nav. map work?one great piece of work!

I remember that the NAV Map display on the Corsair. It was a film that was spooled in front of the screen. Not digital, like today's instruments.

Chief

Guest Ranger332

I want Iwant realy bad lol

looking great-------NOW GIVE IT UP :)

Quick Question.

How did you get the TGa for the Canopy to Show Up on the Inside.

Every Plane i know of if you look at the Inside of the Canopy it is Clear.. But the Texture is On the Outside.

I tried to do Back Face cull but that had no effect.

How Did You ANimate the Cockpit.?

did you Have the 10 frames that Match the external Animation Match the internal One or Some thing??

Guest capun

What else can I say.

What a work of art.

ArmourDave,

Has the RWR been tested with a Radeon Machine?

Fates

Hey guys,

Once again thanks for the great comments. I'm commited to getting this thing as close to the real one as possible but somethings (like the map) are currently not support in P1 and there's no real way to "fake" it as far as I can see. The rean AN/ASN-67 didnt function too well and most often tore up the maps.

Interesting story Navy Chief. Amazing to think that one small failure could of resulted in multiple deaths.

DO,

just set it to 2-sided in the mat editor. Canopy isn't animated, it's treated like an instrument that rotates +30' when at 0 kts, and starts to close as it accelerates towards 20kts.

RWR hasnt been tested on a radeon yet. I'm awaiting Don (9700) to get back to me. The RWR will be a little more advanced than the stock RWR in the F-4. Should be more useful..

Cheers

p.s can anyone get to Simhq?

Dave, the RWR looks fine in the latest package I downloaded from you--no corruption. I haven't flown near any emitters yet so I don't know if it is active or not. I will check it out tonight.

Don

p.s can anyone get to Simhq?

No... :(

nice job, again.