Sign in to follow this  
FOTF

Museum of Flight

So, this week I was entertaining house guests (AKA in laws). On wednesday, I was driving them around showing them the city of Seattle. They decide they want to see the Museum of Flight at Boeing Field. Cool! Oh wait...I don't have a camera! Damn...at least I have my cell phone with the crappy camera on it....

So...we drive down there and pull into the parking lot and I find myself looking at this....

08-08-07_1400.jpg

Sorry for the small pic....cell phone.

The Blues were still in town from their Seafair apperance. All six of em with Fat Albert behind of em....about 20 yards away.

Then....I saw this....

08-08-07_1358.jpg

And I hadn't even gotten inside yet!

They had all sorts of cool stuff. An actual SR-71, F-4, F-5, F-104, A-4, F-86.....MiGs...but the coolest stuff was by far the WWI and WWII stuff. Unfortunately, that wing was fairly dark and my cell phone doesn't have a flash....I am going to go back down there...with my digital camera...in a few weeks. The "Air Park" was closed when we were there. The Concord, AirForce One and a prototype 747 is in the Air Park and you can tour the entire plane. Expect a picture tour of the entire joint (sans bathrooms) on my next visit

looking forword to see your pictures from the next visit there

looks like a nice place to visit :)

A half dozen BlitzPigs got together there last summer.

A very cool place for a virtual squadron to hook up!

I had pics up, but our servers changed about 6 months ago and are no longer hosted.

:good:

We were there in 96, with some friends visiting his parents (Harlan Sr. is a retired Naval Aviator - was an instructor too).

I 'approiated' one of their wheel chock...it's hanging in my closet (I'm such a bad boy)

Was really cool then, would love to see it again now. Just wish I could have seen the 307 Stratoliner before it went to NASM

Wrench

kevin stein

Was there Friday with my folks.

The Personal Courage wing (all WW1 and WW2 aircraft) is particularly intersting.

A must see if you are an aircraft fanatic and live in the PNW.