Sign in to follow this  
Guest 531_Ghost

Lookin' to bring back (V) VMFA-531

I just had my first go at SFP1 MP in a dogfight with doghouse, and I can see I need to work out a LOT with the max difficulty settings. For a minute there I thought he was flying a stealth Skyhawk; I could pick him up on radar, but by the time I could get a visual I was already dead. Embarrasingly enough, he got me 2-0 in a A-4 vs my F-4E.

BTW he brought up an interesting point; are we going to need seperate versions for doing MP stock vs w/ the DRV and Range mods?

Guest Saganuay82

Nope, terrain has no impact on MP. What might is a different version of the terrain so all must have the same install of that terrain.

What might is a different version of the terrain so all must have the same install of that terrain.

Yep, I found that out a couple of nights ago when I was in WOV and tried to play with just the enhanced tiles. That didn't work unfortunately...

FastCargo

Nope, terrain has no impact on MP. What might is a different version of the terrain so all must have the same install of that terrain.

Well it turns out the terrain DLs on my MP copy of SFP1 didn't cause problems, but the SQM Firebee drone that came with the Range mod did. I couldn't host for Doghouse but he could host for me. So as long as we don't need to practice the Intercept drill together and can delete the SQM Firebee from our MP copys we should be ok.

Guest Saganuay82

Bump, lets get on with it. Some of us are deploying again for another outing in a month. Can't be waiting for a certail date. Times a wasting.

Any more room for Can. pilots ? Have your web page loaded and Bkm.

Cheers

Any more room for Can. pilots ? Have your web page loaded and Bkm.

Cheers

I think we can fit another exchange pilot :)

Guest Saganuay82

Yes man. We'll sneak the CF188 in every now and again too. :)

Yes man. We'll sneak the CF188 in every now and again too. :)

CF188 sounds great! have that and 50 plus aircraft with my SfP1 and soon to add to WOE ,but can't find WOV atm. Still looking around though

poster1.jpg

Yup, that's FOUR of use on the ramp! :)

Guest 531_Ghost

Got your e-mail Dink. I'll be making up your patch shortly...

S/F

Got your e-mail Dink. I'll be making up your patch shortly...

S/F

That’s sounds great, I hope to be in combat asap. Flying with a dedicated group will be an honour.

Edited by Dink

For any of you "Ghosts" out there looking for a place to play on hamachi, I took the liberty to open a network for us. Feel free to meet here any time;

Network Name = VMFA-531 Password = Grey Ghosts

This is case sensative so watch those CAPs.

You guys can play here even when I'm not around, just open the network and go for it. Cheers. Egads, guess I better start saying "hoo rah".

Hey gents, I was asking Dave about some online play and I'm interested in joining up for some vFlight time. If you will take an USAF Boomer, that is. Maybe I can fly the KA-6D ;)

Jeff

I'm interested in having a dedicated group to play with, but my time is a little tight right now, do ya'll do most of your playing on weekends?

I am online with hyperlobby wov room and combatace teamspeak lobby right now (8:26 PM EST on 4 Dec 2007)... but don't see any of the 531 and doghouse went to a concert.

I am going to switch to something else if I don't see anyone soon.

I'm getting Teamspeak D/L'd right now. Give me a few to figure it out.

Storm

How do I get the login p/w and channel p/w?

Storm, thanks for showing up.

Also a new WOV player showed up and proved capable of hosting via hyperlobby on his first try... which I would say is impressive given the past history of this sim series, but lately I have seen total newbies succeed on first try as well.

So, the trend looks good as long as people keep showing up.

Unfortunately, VMFA531 wasn't there at all tonight.

Connected up with StreakEagle and another guy tonight. Flew a bit and am happy to be back online.

What mods are you guys flying with, so that I can create another install for MP?

Storm

I generally prefer to use few or no mods to make it easy for newbies with clean installs to join.

The mods I like are ones that don't affect the other players:

hi-res pits

addon pits for migs

additional terrains don't hurt as long as everyone has the terrain the host is using.

I have been flying with a VMFA-531 install that mods some skins and adds terrains, but has no noticeable impact when joining/hosting with others that have stock installs.

of course I modded my VMFA-531 install to have hi-res F-4 pits and mig pits, and still fly just fine with the other 531 guys.

I don't use the whole mig-21 addons, i have spliced in just the pits so that I don't tamper with the stock data ini file... i.e. I am trying not to cheat other than adding mig-21 3d pit with proper radar and rwr per the particular MiG-21 variant.

Guest 531_Ghost

Been fightin a sinus infection. I'll be there tonight at 1700 PST

Thanks for the info S.E. I was thinking more of which skins are used and how they affect others with a stock install. So as long as you dont mess with the ini files, there shouldnt be any conflict using extra skins?

Now to get my mic to work right, so I can use TS.