Sign in to follow this  
Guest 531_Ghost

Lookin' to bring back (V) VMFA-531

Guest 531_Ghost

Anybody interested? Looking to get things rolling in mid November due to some "operational commitments". Looking to fly the stock in the box F4B in either SFP1 or WOV.

Anybody interested? Looking to get things rolling in mid November due to some "operational commitments". Looking to fly the stock in the box F4B in either SFP1 or WOV.

I'm down. I have SFP1, the F4B ain't my favorite but I can handle her alright :good:

Guest 531_Ghost

I'd rather the N too KB but, I'd like to minimize any problems. Would love to have you!

Guest Saganuay82

How about VMFA-314? , then it could be "Trotti Over Vietnam". :)

But seriously, what is you plan to stand up your squadron? Going to try to fly together before jumping in and heaving ordinance? Some airfield, formation, weapons delivery work training? and more than the vVF84 2 hrs of bumbling around I hope?

But seriously, what is you plan to stand up your squadron? Going to try to fly together before jumping in and heaving ordinance? Some airfield, formation, weapons delivery work training? and more than the vVF84 2 hrs of bumbling around I hope?

How shall we get together to fly online? I have both Teamspeak and Ventrillo. When I play CFS2 with the bunch in my sig below be usually use thier password locked Vent server for the host to post thier IP adress.

Oh, and my favorite is the F-100; I know she's slower and has less ordinance but she's more fun to dogfight in :biggrin:

I like the F-104 too 'cause she's so hot to trot :cool:

Guest 531_Ghost

Heh 314 was a couple hangars down :wink:VMFA 531 didn't fly the 104 :no: Initial meets and greets, fly together on line, training in formation flight, weapons delivery both air and ground, navigation, air to air dogfighting, air to ground weapons delivery...

ICQ/Skype is a good place to start.

We'll use CAs TS Server

I used to "command" the Jane's F/A 18 (v) VMFA 531 way back when dirt was new. World events kind of put a stop to that. 'til now. I'm looking forward to any participation we can get. Would love to have multiple squadrons out there. Any and all suggestions are welcome. I'd like this to be a learning as well as a fun experience for all. Hyperlobby, look out!

Well as a VMF I guess we'd have to stick to planes the Marines flew.....the F-100 and F-104 were both strictly Air Force rides.

I don't have Skype or ICQ; I do have TS, Ventrilo, Yahoo messenger and MSN messenger though. When would be a good time to get together on the CA TS server?

Air-to Air I score pretty consistently at.....Air to Ground, that's a whole different ballgame; in the meantime I'll try some Strike and Grunt Support missions in the F-4B to hone my skills.

Guest Saganuay82

I'll keep an eye out and see how you guys are making out. I'm on deployment for a month coming up on Monday so after that perhaps. DWCACE and I plus Doghouse occasionally used to fly together. Da Spungie is another online guy and MoonJumper. I can't speak for them if they would want to join a squad.

Good luck on getting it running. Hopefully lots to learn and baby steps starting out.

Guest 531_Ghost

VMFA :wink: KB I'll be on for a bit at around 2100 PST tonight. Typically, I'm on a lot but I've got some errands to run... Like you say Sag, I plan on the "Squadron" taking baby steps. And one at a time. I'd like to enlist the help of training "officers" that are well versed in ground weapons deployment as well as those that are equally handy in air to air...

VFMA, right! An attack squadron; mostly air-to -ground sort of work.

Missed ya last night; got the mrs' cousin staying with us so now I've got TWO females hogging the comp :sorry:

2100 PST that's 2300 Central Daylight Savings time for me; I'll see if I can wrangle (beg) some online time around then :grin:

Guest 531_Ghost

No not all AG. We (in the real world VMFA 531) did both. Actually, VMFA 531 was the first Marine squadron to get a night radar air kill :wink: I plan on doing both, eventually equally well.

Guest Saganuay82

Can we learn formation flight and airport procedures and range weapon delivery procedures before we go into air melee? Maybe do some 4 ship overhead breaks on arrival? Fly then fight.

Was fun flying breaks with DWCACE in the CF188 or the F-14s or whatever we were flying at the time. Lots of work trying to get used to flying with other humans. Other guys use Track IR, some have HOTAS, some have the full control suite with pedals. Voice comms are a must. We even had a couple of times where a guy would land and taxi in, then use CTRL+F12 and jump out of his plane and go to the tower and act as ATC.

Guest 531_Ghost
Can we learn formation flight and airport procedures and range weapon delivery procedures before we go into air melee? Maybe do some 4 ship overhead breaks on arrival? Fly then fight.

Was fun flying breaks with DWCACE in the CF188 or the F-14s or whatever we were flying at the time. Lots of work trying to get used to flying with other humans. Other guys use Track IR, some have HOTAS, some have the full control suite with pedals. Voice comms are a must. We even had a couple of times where a guy would land and taxi in, then use CTRL+F12 and jump out of his plane and go to the tower and act as ATC.

Absofriginloutly!

The girls are going to Springdale for the weekend leaving just me and the dogs and cats and fish.

So I get the comp ALL TO MYSELF all weekend :clapping:

Sounds like a good gameplan so far. You said 'we' in the VMFA-531; are you in the RL squadron?

I've done a little (very little) formation work in Hellcats in CFS2 with the Flight Deck bunch. Airport procedures I've done SP in Microsoft Flight Sim '02, mostly the twin beech and the King Air :biggrin: what I like twins :good:

See y'all in the sky :good:

I saved all the web page data from when the 531 last stood down. If you are interested I can send all that stuff to you. __ dh

Guest Saganuay82

Oh goodlord, Doghouse. The "Man who hands your ass to you in MP", then sometimes giggles about it.

I've heard lots of good things about Doghouse. I look forward to getting schooled.

FastCargo

Guest 531_Ghost

To answer your question KB, yes I was in VMFA-531, the real deal :wink: That's how I know where 314s hangar was, back when we were at MCAS El Toro. MGEN Flock was my OIC waaaay back then. We still keep in contact. He's one of those that I'd still go to war with/for. Thanks Doghouse! Have you been to Pauls site? Or, Gray Ghost Squadrons? A lot of history to be sure... And I'm proud to have been a part of it.

S/F

Guest 531_Ghost

FastCargo, are you in? Care to join us?

Yep, I'd love to! My availability will be spotty depending on my flying schedule.

But yea, I think I'd like to jump into some multiplayer. Mud movin' would be my preference...:).

FastCargo

Well in the interim I've been doing some SP mud-slinging missions, and found that at least with the early models I suck at air-to-air as bad as air-to-ground. The only way I seem to get any kills in is to load gunpods to my F4B :aggressive:

Well, Sag used some good old fashioned marine recruiting, got me drunk, and convinced me to sign up. Barring any connection/time conflicts, count me in :)

Guest Saganuay82

Well thats the Navy in me and the old "press gang" attitude...lol.

Need a banner? I was bored tonight.

Marinebanner.jpg

Guest 531_Ghost

Hey great! Thanks guys! Sag, that looks awsome! Lemme figure out where to put it.... hmmmmm