Sign in to follow this  
Guest 531_Ghost

Lookin' to bring back (V) VMFA-531

Welcome aboard, Dwace. Cool banner, Sag; I tried to copy and paste it to my sig using "quote" but it doesn't show up.

Guest Saganuay82

Do you have a website yet? You can use it at the top of it or the bottom of the index page. Get the address site to me and I can add it to me links site. As for sigblocks , I wouldn't use that one. Other ones can be made up.

@Dwace: got it ty :)

Been doing sorties in the F4-B and thanks to some tips in the Strike Fighters general forum, I've got my hit ratio for the cussed AIM-7E up to 50%, which seems par for these iffy early model radar guided air-to-air missiles. Sidewinders are up around 100% hits now most of the time. I just need to work on my air to ground now :S

Guest 531_Ghost

Well guys, vvmfa-531.com is under construction and is mine. I hope to have a good portion of the site done and published by the end of the week. The site will include:

A front page describing who we are, what we do.

A page for an active roster of Aviators.

A page for SFP1/WOV/WOE links

By the way, a wee little change (thanks Sag for pointing this out) we're going to be flying WOV rather than SFP1 due to it's availability.

More to follow...

Looks like I'm out then for the moment......the only version I have is SFP1, and more gaming software isn't in the budget atm (or a bigger living room closet to hold more than the 20 or so games we already have) :no2:

Although I can see where it makes sense to use WOV due to availability, and realism.

Well, been dabbling in multiplayer a bit...a few coop pics:

Did a bombing mission in a B-57 while Da.Spungie flew top cover in an F-8. While limping home, he checked me over for battle damage.

gallery_12105_73_796279.jpg

gallery_12105_73_220289.jpg

Deciding to show off..

gallery_12105_73_332382.jpg

Hmmm...looks like I did lose my right engine...

gallery_12105_73_288274.jpg

Then another coop mission with me in an A-4 taking out some fuel tanks.

Post strike, heading home

gallery_12105_73_122775.jpg

Showing off...

gallery_12105_73_848760.jpg

Post landing...jumping out to have a beer...

gallery_12105_73_325257.jpg

Looking forward to doing more...

FastCargo

Guest 531_Ghost

Looking great FC! So far we've got: (sorry KillerB)

post-5197-1189518015_thumb.jpg

post-5197-1189518027_thumb.jpg

post-5197-1189518051_thumb.jpg

post-5197-1189519031_thumb.jpg

Maybe I should change my name.... It's ACE :) No biggie! Love the name tags.

KB, if I can find some time, I'll fire up some SF mp with ya!

Guest 531_Ghost

Huh? Wha? :blush2:

@ 531_Ghost: no worries mate; sigs look great, maybe later when I can get WOV I'll get back with ya

@ Ace: thanks pard, looking forward to it

*side note* getting better at AG, found flying at least the last leg manualy helps greatly, the autopilot brings ya in way too low. Good 10-12k initial altitude and wingover onto target seems to do the trick for me.

Thanks for the fix! :)

I checked out the site, and signed up for the forum.

Guest Saganuay82

Well as for KB, I think the majority of those names (other than myself right now due to deployment) have SFP1. So perhaps, base the squad in WOV but run a SFP1 install with Gepards DRV terrain and the Range Terrain. I mean it is capable of doing what we want it to. We have a basic southern California so if you want to do flight school there, then also use the Range prior to "deploying" a unit to the DRV terrain or WOV. An A-4 in game is an A-4 in game , same as a F-4B. KB cane be in until he gets a copy of WOV.

Right?

Ace and I have flown the Range before in MP peeling off to attack targets. Then flew back to base to do circuits.

Hey, I like that idea actually. It would make a great place for non combat ops...where new guys can learn the basics. Have the 'IP' do chase.

FastCargo

SO you all are flying in SFP1???

If so damn. I think it would have been fun to fly some co-ops.

Guest 531_Ghost

We can do both I suppose...

I suppose I can always beg the fiancee for a little more money and buy SFP1 and WOE.

Only took a week of it to get WOV. That only worked cause she knew how bad I was dying to fly the Vietnam planes.

Guest Saganuay82

We can use SFP1 with DRV and the Range and I think WOV will also work with the Range terrain. Expanding past that now with the number of people signed on is pointless. The ability to use the Range terrain is the big one now.

Guest 531_Ghost

Sag, I've installed the range on SFP1/WOV/and WOE. They're all working fine...

I still have a copy of SF:P1 for sale if anyone needs it. Shoot me a PM.

Sweet, things are looking up. Just need to DL DRV, Range and Hyperlobby now.

Rolling in hot.........

Ok, got Hamachi; what's our usergroup/password? Got the bombing range, DL'd the DRV but having trouble getting it working.

Ok, got the DRV working, and now I'm flying the UNfriendly skies of Vietnam :shok:

I HATE SAMs!!!!

Now that my Air-to-Air and Air-to-Ground are up to speed I see a new area I need to work on........Ground-to-Air!!!

How did ANYBODY survive a tour in the Nam with supersonic telephone poles coming at 'em from over 12 miles away????

a: go low and fast.. but the VPAF AAA loves this .....

b: pump out chaff like mad and do really crazy moves with the kite...

c: wait for the real anti-SAM expert to show up here and he will give you the anti-SAM dope :grin:

:yes:

Edited by Crusader