Sign in to follow this  
tjoz

STL: The Aftermath Stage 2

The shots come from an Armada mode map called 'The Melbourne Incident', 2 Klingon fleets attacking 2 Federation stations. One station about to come under attack while the starbase is under heavy attack. This is currently the largest stable Armada mode map ever created, current ship count is over 210.

This shot pretty crap quality but it to show the scale of the battle. Thats probably 1/4 of the size of the battlefield, its massive...

200shipswg3.jpg

LOL, that's like those shots of galaxies where you zoom in and every point of light turns out to be ANOTHER galaxy.

Turn those into Spits and Bf109s and it looks like a Battle of Britain shot! Never seen that many at once in any space game before, aside from maybe Homeworld.

That Armada mode map you dont last long at all, current ship count sits at 240 and it still stable. Though your severely outnumbered, may even up the odds abit more or may leave it for those that like to go in with no chance in hell of coming out alive.

Onto other shots, today we doing some before and after shots. This is the stock Death Match map 'Ajilon'. It pretty bland and lacks any feel and dimension to it.

before1vi2.jpg

Now here is the updated version of 'Ajilon'. Nothing was added at all just the existing map was enhanced with better map lighting (now creates more depth and feel to the map), the nebula was tweaked and the alignment of planets and asteroids were improved. The player count dropped to 3 players as the map is way too small for 4 players.

after2zo6.jpg

Been a little while since I have put up shots, but we got new member on Aftermath now, Gamemaster. Some of the shots today are of some of his work (the USS Hawaii and USS White Fox).

shot1zr3.th.jpg arubashotya5.th.jpg frontbnf6.th.jpg frontaba5.th.jpg usshawaiios4.th.jpg updatedshipselectlc1.th.jpg

Ever since I first saw Star Trek 3 the Excelsior has been one of my favorite designs. I hated the Enterprise B makeover, though.

Does the NX change to NCC 2000 ever like it was in ST6?

There is both NCC 2000 and NX 2000. I be putting more shots up of two new ships, the USS Oahu and USS Maui. There are a small task force of ships named after the Hawaiian islands that tie in with the new game modes.

Something new for you people, we now starting to put up video footage of Aftermath. We now have a Live Video page set up where we be uploading video of Stage II.

The Aftermath Video's

You will still be getting your shots up too.

Also, Aftermath is the only mod to have other races in the Campaign environment. The video best explains it, you can now play as other races instead of Federation. Been a long day and my wording not as good as it is normally, plus we just had a power blackout for 6hours...

Check the video site often, it being updated always whenever we get new footage up.

Havent put much up here lately, been busy getting them videos up on the Live Video page and getting new members settled into the mod. We got another new member with the possibility of further expansion of the team.

I going to be putting up shots over the next few days, but for today I show you one of the new registries thats in Aftermath. This is the USS Atalanta, a Posiedon class destroyer. I did this one. Currently I doing any ENT new regestries. So far there are 4 new registries for the ENT era, Atalanta being one of them.

ussatalantalu5.png

Also, a surprise will be announced shortly, maybe even a couple of them depending how things go.

Some more news for you all, there will be a new Aftermath release next week.

On Monday November 11th, STL: The Aftermath Public Beta will be released. This is the first hands on release of how Stage II is shaping up. Here is a few bits of what will be in the public beta.

-One on One game mode

-Evolution game mode

-Heavy and Light Armada modes

-Ship physics

-New maps

-Updated AI

Plus many more. Over the next couple days more will be announced on whats in the Public Beta

Now for todays bit of information about the new Aftermath release, you get to play it for yourselves now.

This is the new release, STL The Aftermath Public Beta. This is your first hands on taste at how Stage II is coming along. Stage II will be out next year more than likely as we will be covering even more areas plus we got 3 members now with more coming on board over the next few weeks.

Back to Public Beta, this is what you get

-One on One mode (scripted and playable from Feds, Romulans, Klingons and Vulcans)

-Enhanced Evolution mode (2 maps, still in testing stages though)

-Heavy Armada mode

-Light Armada mode

-6 new DM maps

-2 new Co op Wave maps

-13 new and updated registries

-Improvements to the AI

-Interface update (all areas including upgrade system)

-Aftermath test intro added to start up sequence

-Physics (ships, weapons and explosions)

-Era revisons

-Romulan, Fed, Klingon and Vulcan ship improvements and restructuring

-Lots more stuff too

Its 80mb and can be placed on either a patched or unpatched version of Legacy. If you put it over other mods it will wipe out most of their stuff. This is a complete install it has all Stage I in it too thats why its almost triple the size of Stage I.

STL The Aftermath Public Beta

Other links be up over next few days, ModDB may be upto 2weeks before they get it as they just gone through a major site overhaul.

Above link been deleted, here is the new link. Only difference is it a 1mb difference, it now 81mb. The fixes were in the One on One mode and the intro video was slowed down by 10seconds and the Void map was updated.

STL The Aftermath Public Beta (fixed)

More progress reports from the mod.

Stage II coming along nicely, many areas of hte mod are being worked on and improved plus a lot of testing on new features been going on too.

This update focus on one o fthe new areas to come to Aftermath, Historical Missions. The Historical Missions game mode will be made by Gamemaster and my other team member, currently we have the 'Way of the Warrior' mission up and running. You get to play as DS9 and you have to hold off the Klingon fleet until help arrives, a mission that has 50/50 odds, you will either make it or you wont. You really need to make full use of your power allotment and all to be able to survive till help arrives.

Way of the Warrior (footage)

The video a bit blurry as I was trying to get it under a certain file size so I could get it up on Mod DB too in their video section but it went over. In next week or two I will repost the footage without having to worry about getting it uinder a certain size.

It been a while since we have been making progress, lots of things have been going on ranging from family commitments, school, work, personal issues etc... But we slowly getting back to normal now. We got 3 members on board (including myself) with a possibility of an extra 3 coming on board in temp capacities.

What we are working on now are Historical Missions, the shot below is taken from an early build of The Wrath of Khan mission by Gamemaster. Aftermath is also getting a brand new interface that will be as far removed from ST as I can get it. We currently have just finished balancing out the upgrade system too and the weapons system.

warningshottaggedbs0.jpg

It been a while since we have posted progress here, lately we have been taking a break from modding Legacy so we can come back to it with all fresh ideas as most of us on Aftermath have been modding the game since it has come out.

Some of the things we have been working on in the meantime are our Historical Missions, the new interface, custom AI (for use in Historical Missions), menu system ergonomics, textures, registries, exporters (possible new tools), fleet expansions, ship balancing correctness, the game modes, loading screens overhaul and more. We only been doing small bits every now and then. There will be a new release towards the back end of January 2008.

In the meantime, you can find some of the Aftermath content in other mods like the recently released TLG 2.3 stand alone mod.

It been a while since we have posted progress here, lately we have been taking a break from modding Legacy so we can come back to it with all fresh ideas as most of us on Aftermath have been modding the game since it has come out.

Some of the things we have been working on in the meantime are our Historical Missions, the new interface, custom AI (for use in Historical Missions), menu system ergonomics, textures, registries, exporters (possible new tools), fleet expansions, ship balancing correctness, the game modes, loading screens overhaul and more. We only been doing small bits every now and then. There will be a new release towards the back end of January 2008.

In the meantime, you can find some of the Aftermath content in other mods like the recently released TLG 2.3 stand alone mod.

Thanks for the update! I really enjoy all the mods. and look forward to your next release.

Aftermath's first news piece for 2008.

After the holiday break, work is still continuing in various areas of the mod. The Historical Missions roster is building up and the missions that we have currently are always being fine tuned to make sure they each have a difficulty balance and as most user interaction they can have with the mission while keeping it true to the scenario's seen on screen. Some of our new additions are the 'Paradise Lost' mission by Gamemaster and the 'Reunification' mission by Skeeter.

Some of our Historical Missions will also spawn offsets into other game modes such as the Paradise Lost mission which will also have a Survival mode counterpart. As well as some of the Historical Missions spawning offsets, some maps from the other modes will have counterparts too.

Onto other areas that are in development is the brand new interface which is slowly coming together. The new interface is the first non-Federation based interface for Legacy, the new interface has overtones of Romulan characteristics. Apart from the visual difference, the interface also is of a more ergonomic design that maximizes screen space which has proved invaluable in the new Tutorials section of the mod. The new interface is still far from complete.

As always, we have made further improvements to the AI which has resulted in more graceful combat, AI response time improved and improved threat analysis programming. A surprising offset to the new AI changes has seen a reduction in lag from the more demanding areas of Aftermath. This means the Heavy Armada mode is now more accessible to more players without depriving them of the full experience that is to be had from the mode. The upgrade system has also been refined to be of more tactical advantage then being a god like advantage.

We have also updated our Live Video page with more footage from the mod. We have new footage of two Historical Missions (Wrath of Khan and Reunification by Gamemaster and Skeeter respectively) and footage of the Saphira Naru map, the 2007 Map Contest winning map. Over at Mod DB we also have alternate video footage of the maps Saphira Naru, Visceron and Death Adder Pass.

Aftermath Live Video Library

Aftermath Videos at ModDB

We still have plans for a late January release but we may push it back to a mid February release depending on the amount of content we can get done.

shotaai5.th.jpg shotbcv5.th.jpg shotciy3.th.jpg shotdkr0.th.jpg shotelg8.th.jpg shotfgo2.th.jpg shotgwx3.th.jpg

Work on the mod going slowly as usual, between the team being in either summer or winter we wont be getting as much work done on it as opposed to the cooler seasons of the year. Those that are in the US and the UK know cold it has been and for those that live down here in Australia will know how hot it has been, especially those down in Melbourne in the last two weeks (we had our hottest end of year and start of year ever recorded)... This is why we are moving slower than normal, its either too hot or too cold or someone is sick or injured.

What we have on show for today is shots from the Survival mode. After the mode being on hiatus for almost 7months, it now getting some new additions. The Survival mode will be the only game mode I created to remain unchanged from its original concept, whereas all the other game modes have changed since being placed in Aftermath, only the Survival mode will still be of the same concept as the first version of the survival mode that is found in UUM. This map being shown today is called 'Rylon' but may get changed to another name depending on what mood Im in when it time to release :lol: , may get changed to the name of the planet where the mine field is located. The map is playable from TNG Klingons and it a populated Romulan system. Something also in the system is a mine field... Our mines are still being worked on but we have had them in development for some time now.

rylonpromoof5.th.jpg rylonpromo2gy9.th.jpg rylonpromo3hu8.th.jpg rylonpromo4jf5.th.jpg

On the subject of game modes, it is now the 1year anniversary of the creation of the Armada and Survival modes. This time last year was when the very first Survival and Armada maps were created, the two game modes have come a long way and have had their own bit of controversy too. From the Armada mode off to a shaky start when it was opposed by particular modders, the Survival mode being deemed too hard and to the most recent and most troublesome were the accusations of the game modes I created not being my own work. Contrary to what others run their mouths about it, the game modes I made (Survival, Armada, Evolution, One on One, System Conquest, Infiltrate, Sabotage and Annihilation) were not made by Maddoc or Bethesda and they were definitely not 'simply activated' as other modders have stated...

There will be major features tested over the weekend too so hopefully there be some positive news to report on that for next week.

Oh man this just keeps getting better and better, find a cool place and relax! I'll keep watching and waiting.

Progress has been slow lately on the mod, the next release more than likely be pushed into February as we not getting as much work done as we can. What we are working on at the moment is the new interface, historical missions and 8 selectable ships and selectable enemy fleets. We have been making progress in all areas.

We going to start putting up some new video footage soon too.

It been a very long time since we have posted here, but we are almost ready to release Aftermath 1.7. We are now getting the final touches done on this release and we have already begun laying the foundation work for the next 5 releases.

There have been a few changes since last progress such as the interface and Survival mode are being held back for the 1.9 release (which will be mainly focused around textures). The 1.7 release will have enhanced AI, the Historical mode (final touches are being done on 2 late submissions for the first cycle of the missions), updated Vulcans, more maps and many more areas. The main focus of the 1.7 release will be the Historical mode.

More news on Aftermath is that we have changed our release schedule. There will be no large scale stage releases, from now on we will be having periodic releases with each release having a key focus on one or two areas at a time. This allows for us to fine tune our mod further and also wont overwhelm the player with new content. This way everyone will be able to play every area of the mod to see the amount of hard work and effort that has gone into it without overlooking areas as this is something that happens in the large scale stage releases. A complete run down of what is in Afteramth 1.7 will be up at end of the week.

We have new video up at our Live Video page and over at ModDB plus an extensive gallery at ModDB and STGU. The STGU has 23 images currently and the ModDB gallery has roughly 100 images currently. Aftermath is the only Legacy mod to have broke the top 100 mods over at ModDB (our highest position has been 26 out of 7000+mods) and is the highest ranked Legacy and ST mod at the site.

STGU Afteramth Album (updated weekly)

Aftermath Live Video (high quality video area)

Aftermath at ModDB

promo16cb7.th.jpg promo17kv1.th.jpg promo18sr0.th.jpg promo19vp5.th.jpg promo20hz9.th.jpg promo15pd1.th.jpg promo14cy7.th.jpg promo9yg5.th.jpg promo10oi1.th.jpg promo11hf4.th.jpg promo12sp3.th.jpg promo13ii5.th.jpg promo7qu2.th.jpg promo6rl2.th.jpg promoavx9.th.jpg promocpm2.th.jpg promo5lc6.th.jpg promo4jj9.th.jpg

A little bit of a Combat Ace exclusive for the time being, the Terran Empire are making their way into Aftermath in future releases (and a possible campaign for them)...