Sign in to follow this  
viperfalcon

audio problems

with just my disk install i have no problems hearing audio from my wingman, tower etc. after upgrading to the newest version, all those speech audio sounds are gone. all my aircraft audio are fine but no speech audio from anyone anymore....any ideas ?

with just my disk install i have no problems hearing audio from my wingman, tower etc. after upgrading to the newest version, all those speech audio sounds are gone. all my aircraft audio are fine but no speech audio from anyone anymore....any ideas ?

strange, provided you are turning up the volume if you start on ramp starts...(I've forgot a few times) I'd simply suggest the fastest way to fix this would be a fresh install with a fresh full patch.

Praech

<br />strange, provided you are turning up the volume if you start on ramp starts...(I've forgot a few times) I'd simply suggest the fastest way to fix this would be a fresh install with a fresh full patch.<br /><br />Praech<br />
<br /><br /><br />

i did a few fresh installs and it works fine, until i add the patches then all the human(wingman,tower etc) audio were gone....all the other audio (engine sound etc) are fine. i only lose human sounds after adding the patch/patches.

<br /><br /><br />

i did a few fresh installs and it works fine, until i add the patches then all the human(wingman,tower etc) audio were gone....all the other audio (engine sound etc) are fine. i only lose human sounds after adding the patch/patches.

hmm how strange, here's a random idea...

get someone you know in you squadron or friend with a fully updated and working falcon to copy their speech files and the sound files you are missing and paste them directly onto your machine..

of course thats an idea which has little chance of working but it's worth a shot.

also, run a diagnostic on your sound card, maybe its now limiting the number of sounds played (update/driver failure/system settings), also a very long shot atleast you can then narrow the problem down.

tbh, I'm abit stumped

Preach

I've had the same problem for a while. As soon as you apply the first patch the game sound vanishes but only when starting at the ramp. Go to taxi by re-loading and the sound returns. I think it's a bug that is known about but never addressed in any of the updates. I've posted to the deveolpers twice but never had a reply. It's really annoying and re-installing doesn't solve the problem . I've tried re-installing about six times but it makes no difference.

Maybe one day they'll get around to doing something about it.

I've had the same problem for a while. As soon as you apply the first patch the game sound vanishes but only when starting at the ramp. Go to taxi by re-loading and the sound returns. I think it's a bug that is known about but never addressed in any of the updates. I've posted to the deveolpers twice but never had a reply. It's really annoying and re-installing doesn't solve the problem . I've tried re-installing about six times but it makes no difference.

Maybe one day they'll get around to doing something about it.

thanks brainless...

i'll give it a shot.

See my post in the 'Lead Pursuit - No answer except Automated' about the sound problem. I might help!!

Edited by Brainless

See my post in the 'Lead Pursuit - No answer except Automated' about the sound problem. I might help!!

hey thanx brainless...i'll give it a try soon.