Sign in to follow this  
konkussion

Almost up & runnin...

Damn- I had forgotten I was already a member of this forum! Been fighting (& mostly losing until today) my brand new rig trying to get set up to fly. Yes- I have VISTA... :haha::haha:

Looks like my last hurdle is getting a working mic. Apparently someone at Creative decided that Vista doesn't need the ability to recognize a mic plugged into any of the jacks- so I guess I'll have to go get a USB headset. : I've had to walk out of the room and count to 20 dozens of times the last few days... :threaten: :fuk:

Anyone have any ideas about the mic? I've installed TS so far. I can hear everything fine- just can't talk.

Edited by konkussion

Damn- I had forgotten I was already a member of this forum! Been fighting (& mostly losing until today) my brand new rig trying to get set up to fly. Yes- I have VISTA... :haha::haha:

Looks like my last hurdle is getting a working mic. Apparently someone at Creative decided that Vista doesn't need the ability to recognize a mic plugged into any of the jacks- so I guess I'll have to go get a USB headset. : I've had to walk out of the room and count to 20 dozens of times the last few days... :threaten: :fuk:

Anyone have any ideas about the mic? I've installed TS so far. I can hear everything fine- just can't talk.

I got you semi-covered at the lo-mac boards...hopefully. Invest in a new mic basically....preferrably one thats of the USB sex. I am homophonojackaphobic after Microsoft bestowed us this lovely new o/s.

I got you semi-covered at the lo-mac boards...hopefully. Invest in a new mic basically....preferrably one thats of the USB sex. I am homophonojackaphobic after Microsoft bestowed us this lovely new o/s.

Yup- thanks man. I might need a new cable modem too- this one is flaky. It's refused to connect twice on startup now- but seems fine after a reboot. AT least that one is on comcast.