Sign in to follow this  
Hawk MMS

Most damaged aircraft that remained flyable

This is my Thunderchief after SAM and AAA, finaly landing in a hill without survivors

What do you mean without survivors?

so you have crashed.

But these are some great pics man, you should add them to the "best screen shot of the year" competition. :good:

Edited by MannieB.

img00108dq1.png

Eerr... something missing! (nothing in the log too, and I did not remember!)

but brought back to Puerto Argentino (Port Stanley) all the same!

img00111zf4.png

I have one story i can post (sorry no pics). One time in a instant action game in some bad fog, I shot down a few Mig's, But Then I got out of the fog and saw that I had a Mig behind me who had a missile lock on me, Most of his missile's missed me, But then one missile got a glancing hit on me, The engine's died and some of the left wing was gone, The Mig was still behind me, I was doomed, But then the Mig flew past me and i got a missile lock and fired killing the Mig. :yahoo: I then landed on the ground on only the nose gear.

That was the only time I survived a missile hit or any kind of hit, Now do you guy's survive all this bad damage?

My worst damaged-aircraft scenario was self-inflicted. I was making a strafing run on the Range in a VF-32 F-14A. I botched my approach badly and was correcting while paying less attention to my altitude. By the time I realized I was coming in a little too low, I pulled up hard but couldn't avoid the ground completely. I ended up ripping the port external tank and the entire port stab clean off, along with tearing the leading and trailing edge flaps off the port wing. I was trailing smoke all the way back to the runway and it looked like I'd shed a few fan/compressor blades based on the holes in the port nacelle and the top of the fuselage. Both engines kept working fine, though. I was very relieved when I threw the handle down and got three down and locked. I dropped the hook and came in for the no-flap, short field arrest.

Unfortunately, didn't think to grab screenies.

Edited by gbnavy61

I'm often loosing parts of my plane - most times due collisions. :blush:

The first time was a Mirage killed with my with my Sea Harrier. He came staight at me and passed very close, and the next I saw was a fireball in my mirror and my own machine smoking. But I just lost the right elevator - so no problem...

As I said, most times I am rsponsible for the crashes, loosing fins, elevators or wingparts...

But the last time was strange:

I tried my modded iranian Tomcat flying against F-4s and was really close to my target as I fired my gun (close enough that I hadn't the whole span of his wings in my fov anymore :biggrin: ) and after flying throug that fireball I had lost everything on the right side... (wing, elevator, fin and engine)

I made it home and landed, but the debrefing told my I was dead :huh:

I will try to remember to make caps if it happens the next time!

I made it home and landed, but the debrefing told my I was dead :huh:

Happened to me too!

Was hit by AAA above Goose green in Sea Harrier, made it, with much difficulty, back to the flattop, only to learn that I've been dead all the way!

Hell, I've never seen a dead fly his plane back during 20 minutes...

That sucks - making it all the way back to base only to succumb to your wounds later.

How do I post pics on this board ?

I have a great one for this topic.

BTW I checked the KB and Help topics to no avail.

Can I just paste in a link from a Photobucket account like some other boards allow ?

Not the best since done in easy setting...

Got hit by an SA-8. Right side's all out, both engines kaput. Baled out after it stalled trying 2 return

How do I post pics on this board ?

I have a great one for this topic.

BTW I checked the KB and Help topics to no avail.

Can I just paste in a link from a Photobucket account like some other boards allow ?

Save your pic into a non-too big format like PNG or JPEG. Host it on image shack and then copy here the given link between two things.

This happened after pulling too many g's while still carrying 'winders on the outboard rails !

I managed to RTB with an awful lot of rudder and throttle inputs.

At least I dodged the SAM !

Maybe they can duct tape it back together !

img00001.jpg

img00002.jpg

I hate it when I pull the wings off my bug.

BugSansWings.jpg

SansWingsPit.jpg

But then that's what happens when 24.2G gets loaded on the airframe. Straight in approach, nearly no roll authority, used rudders for control.

Certainly not the most damaged, but awesome pic of the new MF SLUF with some damage.

toughsluf.jpg

I hate it when I pull the wings off my bug.

So you were one of those kids :wink:

Finally I made some pics of a damaged aircraft!

Of course a crash - this time with a burning wreck of a Nesher...

post-34327-1216136963_thumb.jpg

And I even made it to the next friendly airfield (which was pretty close).

Luckily I was only wounded (no already dead "phantom pilot"... :biggrin: ).

post-34327-1216137099_thumb.jpg

Doesn't the MiG look a little bit like a missle?

check your sim settings make them all hard then see if you can fly a wounded bird

the f-4 got shot up pretty good on a sead mission

img00062.jpg

a-10 took a sam to the ass. no engines, no left rudder or tail, missing flaps and ailerons on the left, missing left gear. it was a pain but i managed the 50nm journey back to base and kissed the ground when i got out.

img00007-2.jpg

midair collsion with an F-5 during some maneuvers. damn top gun rookies. the tom made it home tho.

img00091.jpg

check your sim settings make them all hard then see if you can fly a wounded bird

Sure, I always fly on the most hard settings. And most of the time, hit means either death or parachute. Situation like the one above with the Aermachi are really rare for me.