I am trying to create a flyable Royal Dhimari Sqn in a beta campaign I'm working on. However, I am perplexed as to how nations.ini is supposed to work within this framework. This is what I have observed:

1) In the default Burning Sands campaign, there are Dhimari AI squadrons referenced in the campaign_data.ini that point to "Dhimar" as an entry in nations.ini. Yet by default, after extracting nations.ini, there is no entry for Dhimar. You have to create one so that the unit will show as flyable. (I did so by copying a layout of a flyable unit and making the appropriate changes) But in doing that, I lose the Dhimari national markings on the wings and fuselage. This also affects single missions.

2) Once I remove the Dhimar entry in nations.ini, everything returns to normal. The Royal Dhimar skin shows it's appropriate markings - but there is no flyable unit in the campaign (obviously).

3) I also downloaded the add-on nations.ini from this site (a bit dated I'm afraid) and installed it. With the same results as point 1. No national insignia show up.

Where I become confused is how the add-on skins for Dhimar nationalities and non-flyable squads get their marking info. if not from a reference in nations.ini. :dntknw:

There is probably an easy solution to this, however, I need to clear my head by posing the question. :blush:

Take a look at the Dhimar and Paran decal TGA markings... I think they are numbered 255 and 256... Just make an entry using those numbers and they should be flyable... The Dhimar Merc markings are up there too, I think... It's been awhile...

ML

Take a look at the Dhimar and Paran decal TGA markings... I think they are numbered 255 and 256... Just make an entry using those numbers and they should be flyable... The Dhimar Merc markings are up there too, I think... It's been awhile...

ML

Thanks Major Lee.

I picked up your F-100 Merc skin a while back. I was looking through the readme for some insight. I tried mirroring what you did with the Merc skin with what I'm trying to accomplish for the Dhimari squads. For some reason, I'm coming up short.

I'll poke around some more. It's probably the syntax I'm using.

There are several Dhimaran and Pirani skin sets here at CA in the download section... Those will get you on track directly... I think the F-86 and F-84F are available, as well as several Migs...

Yes. In fact, the F-86 skins are what I'm working with. My Dhimar declaration in nations.ini to make these flyable in a campaign is where I'm having trouble. It must not be pointing to the proper decal sets.